PC Port of GTA IV?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
May seem like a stupid question, I'm not really that knowledged about PC technology and stuff anymore, but I was wondering why a PC with better specifications than that of the Playstation 3 or Xbox 360, has such huge performance issues running Grand Theft Auto IV? What's the deal, and why does DMC 4 on the PC work fine?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Port of the game is just badly coded. They did an awful job, in fact.

Besides that, it is still a great game, which is why I bought it anyway.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wish i could find out what a great game it apparently is =/ But like the majority of gta iv pc owners, it's been too poorly put together to actually enjoy it, if you even manage to get it running =/

Ah well, I made the mistake of buying Age of Conan, least I didn't make the mistake of buying GTA IV

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What you've gotta understand too, is that these consoles OS's are written specifically to play games. Even if you have a windows machine with better specs than an xbox a big(ger) percentage (than you think) of your machines cpu and ram are off doing other **** you probably don't want them to be doing.

You should look after your machine, make sure you have the most minimalistic startup/boot list possible, and have as little background processes running as possible also.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Warren, no. When top-end machines can't run a game with background tasks eliminated, that isn't the issue. Rockstar's PC ports have always been solid. Even my old system could run San Andreas maxed out at 60 frames, no problem. Rockstar ****ed up big time. But I have confidence they'll fix the problem since they've never screwed up this badly before.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not denying they may have ****ed the port up- but everything I said there is actually true, always has been.
Also San andreas was a ****in ps2 game, any computer could run it- this gen of consoles is the closest ever to rivaling the current PC's power and performance.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rockstar is known for making massive graphical improvements to their PC ports. Thus, higher system requirements. GTA IV is no exception, you can Google the list of improvements for the port. Hence ridiculous system requirements. But they messed something up in the process.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Been reading the GTA 4 PC Forums, have to say that I was shocked by the amount of posts from users, saying that the game was fine, and that Rockstar had done a good job. For the poor graphics and CGI that GTA III onwards uses, there is honestly no excuse for such a poorly developed PC port to be honest. I was incredibly shocked by the ignorance of some of the users, also claiming it was developed for the next generation of PCs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom