PC not booting, Safe mode messed

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay since today the computer of my brother stopped booting. After the WinXP boot screen shows for about 10 seconds it just reboots.
Safe mode is working for some seconds, after that the task bar and all desktop icons disappear and after some more time it just reboots again.
I can't scan for viruses because the computer reboots too fast.
I can't reinstall the OS now because my brother needs to save some files from his OS partition.

So could anybody help me with this problem? Or at least tell me how to save the files...
Thanks in advance

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Theres several ways of getting your files back, You could always reinstall Windows, Which will not erase any data, Just make sure you don't choose a format choose "leave the file system the way it is" or whatever in your circumstance when you goto install windows, Anything that says format or changing the file system = bad, And programs that were previously installed will no longer work, Some will but require you to replace all the shortcuts.
Your other option is to take the drive out, put it into another machine and transfer the data, I would just install Windows 98 with a random burning program burn everything then install XP (My case Vista) with a full format.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I had this problem a few days ago. First of all, did your brother recently update his graphics drivers? Cause if he did, it might be smart to do System Restore, if he has it on. When you run Safe Mode, just click No, that will start System Restore, choose the earliest date possible, maybe that will fix it.

Best answers
he said safe mode doesnt run for long.
You can reinstall Xp, or u can get a copy of an on CD Linux like Ubuntu, burn what ever u need and do a system format in case something on there has gone crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom