pc crashing

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So my pc runs for about 30 min (max) after witch it restarts, I check the cpu temp and it's about 50C , I've had it before at 90C with no probs. After it restarts it restarts again in less than 5 min. Checked the fan, it works. Had the problem before back when I was a n00b at the pc and restarted it again and again till my cpu melted, now after it crashes I leave it alone for a few hours then open it again and last for 30 min or less after it crashes again.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe your power cable is defective?

If it's broken, it might interrupt the flow of power and switch the PC off for a split second, at which point it'll go off and on again.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
have you got all your voltages right? like, how many volts your cpu requires and stuff.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How do I check that?( voltages)
edit: power cables fine, it's not that, since I use it ever since I've had the pc and as I said I had this prob before but back then it was in guarantee, now I'm looking for an easy way to fix it since I'm getting a new one in 1-2 months anyway ( b-day).

Best answers
90c, your board is probably kicking in with overheat protection. How long has it been doing this? sounds like you'd need to remount your heatsink to make sure it's making sufficient contact with your processor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom