Parkour! (yes it's french but it isn't *** :o)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
http://www.parkour.com

Pick your language, go to Parkour Training, click the >>> in the bottom right, then mouse over the videos. There's only a few at the moment, but they're still cool.

I just watched a show on this. They had like 30-40 guys running through malls, parks, subway stations doing all sorts of crazy moves and combos. I was like O_O.

One dude runs at a tree, kicks off of it, spins in midair and clears a fence that's like 7 feet high lol.

Just thought I'd share.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Holy ****, I wish I knew not to roll when I jumped off that school roof o_o

Kick ass site, It's favorited*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah,thats pretty big in my city. its always impressive to see :D

id never try it though, im just not supple enough D:

KyoKusanagi

K
www.teamryouko.com - should have a bt section where you can download (legally) clips of their individual performances, stage shows and short films.

Though its mainly martial arts based, they do use large elements of parkour.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
KyoKusanagi said:
www.teamryouko.com - should have a bt section where you can download (legally) clips of their individual performances, stage shows and short films.

Though its mainly martial arts based, they do use large elements of parkour.
Awesome, thanks for the link.

Best answers
Dude that frickin rocks. I hope they put up so more videos soon. It's crazy to see what people can do when they put there mind to it and stuff.
There's some more videos under the Press section. Including that one Toyota commercial these guys apparently did. I also saw the chicken one on TV too. Pretty cool stuff.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
kurts link: i saw a 3 hour special on discovery channel about them and their crazy stunts like 4 months ago:p loads of footage innit.
second link: ive seen a 10 min "movie" of them in color with them doing more crazy jumps and also jumping against walls and stuff.
they still roxx dough, u shud look for free runners, or free jumpers on the net, i believe thats what they R called.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
parkour aka free running is overrated =/

tricking is the element of parkour that appeals to viewers of parkour, just like the site Jugo showed

hehe, its not only about mind and mentality, its about athletic ability and fitness too hehe; when i first started i realised i couldnt jump as high as i needed to; now im able to do a 540 and ive made decent progress to doing a b-twist. My sister is teaching me how to do aerials now :D

it all begin during my entry to breakdance....

Best answers
Ness, do u have an account in trickstutorials ?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What is cool about it is that they're bending the laws of gravity and physics.. That's just amazing. I mean I have a pretty good vertical jump from a stand still... (that's my something-special :/) But Nothing compared to that. That jump over the stadium was insane... what's more insane is how he got up there...

Best answers
Yeah, there was a show on this over here in the UK about 2 years ago. Frickin awesome stuff. The black guy that it shows all over that site is absoloutely insane. The others are good, but I've not seen anyone pull off some of the crap he does. Dissapointing that they don't show more of it on TV :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hehe, where he jumped over the stadium of light? i think it was the original Wembley, but cant remember. His name was Sebastien :O it was shown in the UK again about 6-7 months ago as well "Free Running" on Channel 4

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've tried Free-Running before, Too bad I don't live in the City. My dad works in HartFord (A city) And I tried some of the stuff before, cept I rolled my ankle... LOL

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wouldn't try that stuff if some paid me, looks like you need to be very flexible to go through those sutns easier. The closest thing I could dowould be a wall jump, or as they call it, tic tac. Pretty cool sutff though.

Best answers
Dear Santa,
This year I would like you to visit www.parkour.com, please
After viewing the videos, to give you an idea of what I want this year, I would like to ask for the following:
A playboy centerfold, muscles, athletic ability, an unnatural amount of energy, and a rabid guard chicken. I know you're very busy, so I ask you to send this letter to God, the Tooth Fairy or Osama Bin Laden and ask for some of their miracles. Please and thank you. J00 PWNZ0RZ!!!!!1!11!1!1!!11!one!1!!!!1

Yeah, I'm lookin for the Foucon Miracle. All of that's fine and good, but.... DAMN!! That's just amazing. Where's a mad scientist with a body-swapping machine when you need one?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, you dont need to be muscular to be able to do that stuff, just be toned enough with athletic ability. Besides, training for all that stuff etc happens during actual involvement with the activity: just as Jugo mentioned earlier, check out http://www.trickstutorials.com for tips and tutorials on beginner tricks like the 540, aerial cartwheel/free cartwheel, back flip etc. Just get over fear; have someone spot you while doing stuff youre afraid to do. If you have an open gym near you, you can go there to practise and use the foam pit to get over your fear of falling backwards; they have a lot of open gyms in the USA and Canada. ( i wish i was that fortunate :cry: ) also, look for videos of Team Ryouko, they are too sick, and one of the members of the team is pretty skinny. Shows you dont need to be super muscular to do this stuff ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Somebody posted the Team Ryouko link in an earlier thread and it's very interesting (i'm a big fan of the Urban Ninja :]). There was a program on about Parkour called 'Jump Britain', also interesting.

It's the best way to travel, plus you look really badass while doing it \o/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom