PAL gets MarioKart Wii first!

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I read it somewhere and it's true.

DISCUSS.

I herd it's coz we dont get smash bros forever.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah.

I heard they're slow to produce copies of Brawl, and this is causing a delay for PAL territories.

I wasn't aware that we'd be getting Kart earlier though.

Not that I care, I don't really like Mario Kart anymore. ;x

Retired Forum Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Can't wait until PAL and NTSC are eliminated. HD (720p, 1080i, 1080p) are worldwide standards--no snooty, pseudo-elitist SECAM, either. Then video game companies will have no reason to not do worldwide launches, except accounting for languages.

Oh, and let's not forget the whole "we can charge more to people in the UK for no reason. Region code the consoles so they can't import them for cheaper, like they should in a capitalist society!"

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Can't wait until PAL and NTSC are eliminated. HD (720p, 1080i, 1080p) are worldwide standards--no snooty, pseudo-elitist SECAM, either. Then video game companies will have no reason to not do worldwide launches, except accounting for languages.

Oh, and let's not forget the whole "we can charge more to people in the UK for no reason. Region code the consoles so they can't import them for cheaper, like they should in a capitalist society!"

Huh? I think you're confused...PAL and NTSC are two different preferences for frame rates in television that vary between continents...They're not monopolies...They just exist because electricity runs on different frequencies in Europe than in the USA...

ESF Head Team Mapper
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
PALs resolution is bigger then NTSCs as well

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
PAL and NSTC are both inferior to HDTV, so meh. I agree with Alea on this.

As for Mario Kart Wii coming out for the PAL states first, I don't see it happening. But good luck with that.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Huh? I think you're confused...PAL and NTSC are two different preferences for frame rates in television that vary between continents...They're not monopolies...They just exist because electricity runs on different frequencies in Europe than in the USA...
not entirely correct. in fact all the HDtv's here are capable of running both 50, and 60hz, or more (my pc monitor/37"hdtv runs at 75).

and alea is right, the PS3 has already started this wave, with all games being region free.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
What does annoy me though, is that, in the rare event that a game is released in the PAL regions before the USA, a lot of Americans whine and whine and whine, when Europeans get pretty much 99% of the games AFTER the US and Japan. I'm pretty sure Australia gets shafted all the time too.

Even though I don't care about Mario Kart Wii, I know a lot of other people do, so it would please me to see it released in PAL regions first just to spite people.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I know, but even so Australia sometimes gets a different treatment from the other PAL countries.

The most recent example of this is that Medal of Honor Heroes 2 for Wii did not have online play in Australia, even though the manual itself said that it did. EA never gave a proper explanation for this and instead offered a refund.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/850/850297p1.html

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Spoilers

MarioKart will come out in japan first.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
NTSC, PAL, Region coding. Some of it just kinda happened at one point. BUt these days it's just artificial market manipulation to allow companies in an area to charge whatever they want.

Base belongs to me.
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ŽLรฉgรฉรฑdฤrรฝ
Best answers
I honestly can't wait for this. You can play this game, even without the wii thingy for mario kart, right?

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I read it somewhere and it's true.

DISCUSS.

I herd it's coz we dont get smash bros forever.
I want you to have my children.

I honestly can't wait for this. You can play this game, even without the wii thingy for mario kart, right?
Afaik it comes with the wii wheel anyway, but you don't need multiple wii wheels for each player. (Just wiimotes)

Retired Forum Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not confused--the point was that NTSC and PAL are two different standards--PAL has slightly higher resolution, NTSC has a higher refresh rate. But the two are incompatible--an NTSC TV can't display a PAL signal properly. Multisystem TVs which convert, can.

But HDTV standards (720p, 1080i, 1080p) are universal. There is no "720p PAL" or "1080p NTSC." As standard definition is phased out, we'll be left with uniform standards--in other words, unless they mindlessly region code the games out of fear of competition (i.e. Nintendo wants to make British people pay more for games, and not be able to import other region's games more cheaply), you'll be able to play any game on any system, and they should all be released worldwide at the same time, except if other-language versions are needed.

not entirely correct. in fact all the HDtv's here are capable of running both 50, and 60hz, or more (my pc monitor/37"hdtv runs at 75).

and alea is right, the PS3 has already started this wave, with all games being region free.
The PS3 is region free itself, but region-coding is left up to the publisher. Some PS3 games are region coded. And a lot of PS3 games are censored in certain areas--for instance, if a Japanese person imports GTA4 from the US, violence can (and will) be censored. The PS3 has this functionality built into it.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Even if the next generation of systems are all region free, they'll probably still charge more for the games because of localization.

As if they don't have enough money yet anyway.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Good thing I took the initiative and said my mind then huh. :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom