Painful Covers

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
List all and any covers (cover songs) that you've heard that made you cringe :]

Lost Prophets - Cry me a River (Justin Timberlake)
Avril Lavigne - Fuel (Metallica)
Avril Lavigne, Tenacious D - Chop Suey (System of a Down)
Marilyn Manson - Like a Virgin (Madonna)
Deftones - Kill You (Eminem)

...and worst of all...

Groove Coverage - Poison (Alice Cooper) :eek:

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
The worst cover of all..

Ralph Harris (Australian kids-show artist on British tv) - Stairway to Heaven (Led Zepplin).

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
Lost Prophets - Cry me a River (Justin Timberlake)
That's by Glen Hansard, not Lost Prophets :p (looks like somebody's downloading improperly tagged files from filesharing applications, I highly doubt Tenacious D would work with Ms. Lavigne>_>)

I'm a fan of covers, I think it's kinda cool, especially when the covers cross genres. But to be true to the topic, I'll have to say 311's cover of Love Song. It just seemed... too happy or something from them with it's slightly reggae-ish sound. Snake River Conspiracy covered that song much better :O

Oh God, I just remembered Manson's Cover of Personal Jesus. That song wasn't too great to begin with, and he just made it as annoying as hell.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Quadles said:
it isn't that bad.
I know we all have different music tastes but I'm a pretty big AC fan and that cover was godawful imo.

Deman said:
I highly doubt Tenacious D would work with Ms. Lavigne>_>)
I didn't say they were working together, I meant they both covered it seperatley, and both covers sucked.

And Lost Prophets did cover Cry me a River on the radio, it was just one acoustic guitar and one voice, but it was poor, his voice was all over the place :S

Not all covers are released remember, I have quite a few that were recorded from the radio or live performances and not retailed. I like covers when they're done well, I could list a few that I thought were better than the originals.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i just think its stupid that people cover songs in general, the only exception, was Metallica's "Garage Inc." album, which had some good stuff, but didnt come close to the origionals.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the only one i was just o_O at was that "lets go" song which was a rip off of ozzys crazy train

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DaRkOwNs said:
the only one i was just o_O at was that "lets go" song which was a rip off of ozzys crazy train
It's not a ripoff. It's called sampling. Artists do it all the time.

Best answers
that *** ass boy group five redoing - queen we will rock you

NEVER REDO QUEEN SONGS NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sugababes - Shape of my heart (Sting)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nobody covers songs like Me first and the gimme gimme's. Me first and the gimme gimme's ftw! \o/

worst cover song eh....? the birds - mr tambourine man.... they did not do that song justice.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
who was that god awful girl band that covered "under the bridge"?

and i agree, anyone covering queen songs should die...

and opti, artists who sample are rejects and should learn to be more origional, its just as bad as covering outright.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
who was that god awful girl band that covered "under the bridge"?
All Saints, they broke up I think.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like playing Cover Songs. Especially when they get a new spin put on them (there's a fine line between that, and butchering them, though). That being said, Avril Lavigne's incredibly drowsy and disinterested version of Fuel was easily the worst.

Nobody asked any of us our opinions on musical techniques, be they sampling or whatever else. So just keep that in mind. I will personally warn the hell out of people if they jack this thread on such things. I have low tolerances for egotistical musical nazism.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom