p0 errors

Best answers
Hi, help!

Just recently, when i compile my map i get the following errors

----- BEGIN hlbsp -----
Command line: C:\PROGRA~1\VALVEH~1\tools\hlbsp.exe "c:\program files\valve hammer editor\maps\stuarts"
Error: Can't open c:\program files\valve hammer editor\maps\stuarts.p0

----- END hlbsp -----

It used to be ok, but now it has stopped compiling :(

Any ideas?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1) It could be a bad setup you made for the compile, or you're running Hammer through normal instead of expert.

2) Having "too many wads" (10 maximum).

3) Corrupted compiling tools (rare but happens), a bad path/name somewhere, or several others.

The solution is generally to use a front end or batch file with Zoner's Compile Tools (Nem's Batch Compiler from Mega-Thread of Mapping), then the problem usually goes away or the compiling error becomes clear. The compile tools is where your problem is.

Best answers
Optional said:
1) It could be a bad setup you made for the compile, or you're running Hammer through normal instead of expert.

2) Having "too many wads" (10 maximum).

3) Corrupted compiling tools (rare but happens), a bad path/name somewhere, or several others.

The solution is generally to use a front end or batch file with Zoner's Compile Tools (Nem's Batch Compiler from Mega-Thread of Mapping), then the problem usually goes away or the compiling error becomes clear. The compile tools is where your problem is.
*cough* P0-PX (X being the last number) are Portal files. Try adding info_player_deathmatch and info_player_start entities.. It did it with me til I did that.

Seph~

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, if you didn't add those entities, you would get an error while loading the map. It would say something along the lines of "Mapper did not include necessary entities" or something. I've done it before, and yes, I knew they are Portal files.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It wouldn't show up on the map list if you went at it from copying you .bsp in then going into esf

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You could go into console and type "map <nameofmapthatdoesn'thavedeathmatchentity>" and, it loads fine.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good to know :].

*EDIT*
Found what I wanted:

SnarkPit said:
"Error: Can't open [mapname].p0"
The BSP program can't run as CSG hasn't successfully been run.
»Make sure that CSG was run in the first place (look for "Program completed successfully" errors)
»Make sure that CSG didn't report any errors as listed above
You probably didn't check off, or told the compiler to use CSG

Best answers
Ok, i tried just running CSG and i get this error

** Executing...
** Command: Change Directory
** Parameters: "C:\Sierra\Half-Life"

** Executing...
** Command: C:\PROGRA~1\VALVEH~1\tools\qcsg.exe
** Parameters: "c:\program files\valve hammer editor\maps\sky"

qcsg.exe v2.8 (Jan 31 2000)
---- qcsg ----
entering c:\program files\valve hammer editor\maps\sky.map

************ ERROR ************
Token too large on line 5

Whats a Token?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This can refer to several different errors:
The "too many wads" as mentioned above. 8 wads in WC/Hammer is a good limit, more may cause this error among others. If you are using more than 8 wads you can use Wally to combine the extra wads into one custom wad.
Too long a path/name for the map or compiling tools. Only a limited amount of memory is set aside for the path/names. Solution is to move the compiling tools or map into a shallow folder.
Having a space in a path/name. Examples: frequently /Program Files/ is part of the path name. Compiling tools do not like the space between "program" and "files". Solutions are to either use the MSDOS pathname, or to move the offending files from under the spaced folder, or put quotes " " around the whole path name in WC/Hammer so that windows uses it right. If your map has the space in its name (eg. Bob map), remove the space and change it to (Bobmap).

Which is what I said before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom