:P i suck at mapping! YAY!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah i need help. ok um im a noob at mapping of course. so dont laugh! ok. im also reading those mapping tutorials at esf-world.com but it doesnt explain to me where the brush tool is x.x i know i suck. but im looking and looking and i cant find this brush tool.

because everytime i try to make the walls sky and ground. i press enter and the box goes down to where my entity is with an x in the middle. x.x if you need pics ill show you. but do you think you can help me out? (chances are im going to have more questions cuz im dumb so i guess ill just use this thread)

::EDIT:: well the tutorial said "Brush tool" but it really was the "Block tool" so i figured that out. but could you please leave this open so i dont have to open new threads for each question? thank you

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Solids in VHE are mostly called brushes. Hence why they called it brush tool.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Best answers
cold steel said:
Solids in VHE are mostly called brushes. Hence why they called it brush tool.
that was still the incorrect name.
it is block tool.

it is important to get names right in tutorials or newbies will not get what they mean, like so.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you don't know what brushes are, you shouldn't be mapping.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wrong. you can always find out what they are and then go on to map just fine.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well.. uhh im new at it.... so of course im not going to know. and btw. in vhe there IS no brush tool.... there is a BLOCK tool. or w/e its called. so i see the tutorial says brush tool i have no idea what they are talking about because on the tools tutorial it doesnt say anything about brushes... at all. so pardon me. im learning.

::EDIT::

also when im actually old enough. creating games was always one of my dreams i figure making maps could possibly help me along the way. telling me that if i dont know what something is, that i should just stop all together, isnt much help at all.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[SAS]Orion said:
wrong. you can always find out what they are and then go on to map just fine.
Bah, why do you people allways take everything so literally.... What i meant with it was, learn the basics first.

Same goes for you firephoenix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom