i'm getting a new comp:

Pentium 4 2.0 GHz
Gigabyte bla bla motherboard
60 GB harddisk
CD/DVD 16x48 player
cd burner
GeForce 4 Ti4200 :)

and some other stuff

I want to overclock the processor to 2,6 GB cuz someone told me that should work without any problem... now does anyone know a good program i can use for it because i don't know anything about overclocking...

if i can do it manually that's also okay but then say very clear how to do it or else i might not follow you.. :]

thx!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would suggest u not overclock ure computer unless u really know what u r doin!!

Best answers
hmm there are jumpers on the mainboard. search them per the manual, in it u see how to set them to get higher power.

then u only have to set it in the bios - voila! overclocked.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you should probally get a better cpu fan aswell as knowing what your doing :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Master-Dorn
hmm there are jumpers on the mainboard. search them per the manual, in it u see how to set them to get higher power.

then u only have to set it in the bios - voila! overclocked.
That is the most simplistic and mis informed discription of overclocking!

BEFORE you over clock research research research.

To make sure your over clok is successful you will not need to change osme jumpers, i believe the gigabyte boatd has a soft bios. You will have to increase the FSB from its deafult of 100 to something like 133 to increase the speed and if you experience difficultys up the vcore and change multipliers and when you overclock by the FSB you will also overclok your entire sytem including RAM, AGP and PCI sand if you dont understand what im talking about LEAVE YOUR SYSTEM AT STOCK SPEEDS!
I personally think you are too misinformed and nieve to overclock your sytem.

An Helpful link or wo:-
http://www.hardocp.com
http://www.hardforums.com

BrunO

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
a 10% increase us suppost to be very safe to do but any more and theres a risk, theres always a risk if ya dont know what ya doin if you ARE gunna do it then read ****loads bout it and ask people that do it quite a bit, people that know what their talking about

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh ya forgot to tell ya any increase in speed or overclocking any part of your system VOIDS your warranty!
So if you overclock your sytem and fry youragp slot (like i did) its not covered by warranty!

BrunO

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah they have all little tests they can to to tell if it died cus of overclocking

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
overclockin cud fry ur motherboard (it did to me ;( ),

and why the hell wud u wanna overclock a comp like that? its fast enough already

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom