Over-Rated Games

Best answers
Call of Duty 2
Rise & Fall
Spellforce 2
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As addicted to WoW as I am... It's a LITTLE bit overrated XD. I play it primarily for people nowadays.

Halo. Halo 2. Half-Life 2, as great as it was, was overhyped...

Also, Prey... overrated... WHERE THE **** IS MY DAMN DUKE NUKEM FOREVER 3D REALMS! YES! LETS BE *******S AND GO THROUGH ALL THIS CRAP TO MAKE THIS ONE GAME.. JUST TO STOP AND MAKE A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ONE OUT OF THE BLUE!!!

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah, yes. How could I forget Metroid Prime? :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Every game is overrated to someone.

cloud13

C
Mogwai said:
Id say mostly any RPG that came out now adays is overrated, besides the ones that introduce some new type of a story, cause quite frankly these kids appearing out of nowhere that have some mysterious destiny and some crazy weapon that only they can wield thing, is getting on my nerves.

This doesn't just apply to The FF series lol, it seems to apply to every rpg lately.

Underrated i would say anything with ragdoll, i can't get enough of ragdoll physics, i literally play titans quest to use my shield bash to backhand skeletons and watch them shatter as they fly and hit a wall and bend to it, i love watching it everytime.
To the contrary i think KOTOR and KOTOR2 where some of the best rpg's ever made, i can't get enough of it, and i salivated until KOTOR3 comes out(and yes there is going to be KOTOR3 they would be stupid not to do it.)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Arthos said:
Every game is overrated to someone.
QFT

isnt this all about taste :x?

imo

Counterstrike
battlefield
Oblivion; elder scrolls

there's probably more i cud add, i cant really think of any right now.

It shocks me that people think Jedi academy is overrated :( Its the best sword combat game (online) i've played.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
Oblivion; elder scrolls
Have you ever actually played the game? I'm not talking about the 5 minutes you spent at your buddy's house watching him play, but have you ever actually sat down and played through at least half of the game? If you have, then you're entitled to your opinion. If not, you're going to hell. That game is seriously NOT overrated.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with David.

I also agree that JKA is a great sword combat game. :3

I think that a deciding factor in determining whether or not you like a game (and think a game is overrated or not) is if you've had positive experiences with prequels. If you didn't like Metroid before, you'll probably find it hard to adjust to Metroid Prime, and you'll surely not enjoy it as much as when you hadn't had any knowledge of Metroid before.

People who've played and enjoyed prequels will undoubtedly praise a sequel if it's of similar good quality.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
I agree with David.

I also agree that JKA is a great sword combat game. :3

I think that a deciding factor in determining whether or not you like a game (and think a game is overrated or not) is if you've had positive experiences with prequels. If you didn't like Metroid before, you'll probably find it hard to adjust to Metroid Prime, and you'll surely not enjoy it as much as when you hadn't had any knowledge of Metroid before.

People who've played and enjoyed prequels will undoubtedly praise a sequel if it's of similar good quality.
I don't know why, but that somehow made sense.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes i've played it for a few hours (round my mates who played it for days on end), to me it just didnt have staying power, it was really cool graphic wise and the quests are hard and stuff... but i dunno something was just incredibly dull about it all. To me it was just a glorified version of morrowind, and after playing morrowind so long and realising how repetative and simple it really was it just put me off the game. Oblivion was just the same but the way you fought was a bit different (alot better but still not enough imo) and there was some better AI and more interactive enviroment. It was also annoying that the 3rd person view was so useless, Personally i much more prefer 3rd person with swords/melee weapons, but the way its done in oblivion is like increasing the difficulty rating rather than a different view.

Like i said though, its all about taste, i guess I just didnt like the game :p.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My question: How is a game overrated if millions of people love it? Doesn't that just mean that the games extremely poplular, and a select few call it overrated just becuase they don't like that game or that genre of games?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix. Consider Pro Evolution Soccer and FIFA. More people buy FIFA because its simple and gets to the point. The majority of people who buy FIFA put it down after 3 months.

Less people buy PES because its complex, and is not an "arcade" sports game. The majority of people who buy PES put it down after 6 months.

FIFA is overrated. According to sales, that is.

Its 1:30am amd I'm tired.

cloud13

C
frsrblch said:
That was my first PSX game and I loved it to death. It's more underrated though... not overrated. The game ****ing pwns either way though.

Recent RTS games that don't have Dawn of War in the title. That game was the first RTS I truely enjoyed since the almight SC, which also deserves to be listed as overrated.

Diabo 2. Every time I played this game, I simply got bored of it before the end. Through both Diablo games, I have never actually gotten to and killed Diablo.
i ment underrated, my bad:D

And about Diablo 2, the single player isn't addicting at all, what is is the multiplayer, i literaly played it so much that my laptop started burning my legs, i loved it, i hope the new game they are comeing out with is just as good

But i thought chrono trigger was very overrated, i played it, and didn't like to very much at all... Ive never played chrono cross so ill have to get to that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love how all the people who don't want to pay to play all say Warcraft is overrated. Warcraft is the best fantasy-based game I've ever played, it also practically invented the concepts now common to the RTS genre (along with CNC). Also World of Warcraft is better than any other MMO period; it's jut ten thousand times more interesting, to me.

Overrated games...hmm. Let's see:
FFVII (three was better, young'uns always disagree)
Metroid Prime - it's not really metroid. Maybe a good game but it's not Metroid.
Super Smash Bros. - It's a fun game but some people think it's like the greatest game ever made and it's really not.
Metal Gear Solid 2+3 - Kojima took everything that made MGS1 cool and threw it away. Then whatever was left he uber-japanified. GG.
Devil May Cry 3 - The worst of the three.
Half-Life 2 - We bought a physics engine, erased three lines of code in the source that limited texture and sound caches, and tricked you into thinking it was a new engine. It was an excellent game, but it wasn't worth a 7 year wait, nor was it even working correctly...open the console while you play and routinely you will see lines of errors popping up as you go. GG.

Most underrated without a doubt:
Chronicles of Ridd ick: Developer's Cut for PC. It is the single best game I have ever played. In ALL departments.
The Smackdown games: They keep getting more and more depth and people write them off as 'stupid wrestling games.' Smackdown are the only fully balanced game I ever played. Yeah there are flaws but you know what? Rey Mysterio can beat Andre the Giant, if you go about it the right way. No other game I ever played has the amount of fairness that game does (unless you play online against exploiting tools). For that I consider it highly underrated.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grand Theft Auto SA: Totally Over-rated
I totally agree. I've always hated Rockstar Games and the games they develop.

So, as for the overrated thing, Rockstar is about it for me, for all of their idiotic and psychopathic ideas that sell, which isn't surprising to me.

Best answers
Iv played through the entire game of elder scrolls, the only things i haven't done are own the thieves guild and the final quest part, other then that yea the game is about as overrated as doom 3.

If they had spent more time fixing graphical errors, making the combat better then, block they stagger 2 hits, repeat then the combat would be good, the magic to, weakness to magicka 100%x2, weakness to element 100%x2 for 6 seconds each so it doesn't cost that much aka 1 shot kills basically anything, then the magic would of been better.

Given the freedom in the game, yea it was great making your own weapons,spells,and doing what you wanted, but it only lasts for so long.

The kill in 1 shot thing is disregarding the hardest mode, that would take 3 to 4 shots with the weakness on.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KyoKusanagi said:
Marvel Vs Capcom 2
Counter Strike
Super Smash Brothers (series)
Halo 1+2
What you need to do, is go get a plastic bag, and then place it, OVER YOUR HEAD.

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom