OUr school has a Forum lol

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not a smart move in my experience. My school had one too called mouth2mouth. Within weeks people were organising petty crimes about the school with it, from bullying to spreading rumours. It was shut down, the operators, admins, mods e.t.c were suspended.

The Times said:
In May Mouth2Mouth.tk turned from an innocent internet forum for local children in Hemel Hempstead to chat into a vicious gallery of hatred and abuse. Within months, one humiliated teenager had tried to kill herself and another had lost all his friends after abusive messages were given out in his name.

Parents and anxious teenagers contacted Liz Carnell, who runs Bullying Online at www.bullying.co.uk, a charity set up to counter cyber abuse.

“It was appalling. There were death threats, racist messages and threats of violence. So I spent an entire weekend answering all the messages and telling the abusers the damage they were doing,” she said.
Source.

EDIT: After reading through some of the posts i'd say your school has bigger problems, like students who can't spell for **** =P

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're giving students a place to talk about their school and friends for everyone to read and you think it'll be an enrichment to the learning environment...

Did teachers ever go to school themselves? Where do they get this logic?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wonder if getting banned goes on your college transcript... :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Once, I thought a chatroom or a message baord for out school only would be kinda cool...

But the the way these kids are so insecure that they must start **** with others....No.Way.In. HELL would it work.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The funny thing is knowing people in RL and seeing them talk like "omg wtf lolz I r ate a book!!!1 Y dnt n e h0t gurlz do mathz???".

Best answers
itz to my opinion pretty awesome and btw the school dusnt know about the forum nd dunt thnk that they will uless a kid rats about it to a teacher

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom