Ouch...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ouch. Sucks to be them. x:

I just hope this won't result in a pricier PS 2 or 3. >_>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Awesome! Let's prevent any technilogical advancements by copyrighting everything so no one else can use it!!

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you know why there arent any mini games during loading times? Someone holds a patent on it. Patents are good for the creator, but for everyone else, patents suck.

Hope Sony wins this one.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No mini-games during loading times? Tekken had Galaga as did Riiiiiiiidge Racer (I think), even Budokai 2+3+T has the 'spin-the-analogue-sticks-as-fast-as-you-can' games.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Google it, someone holds the patent on it, I believe Ubisoft.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We Love Katamari has an interactive loading screen.. does that count?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now I know as much about copyright as the the next guy, assuming the next guy only know a limited amount of knowledge.

But why doesn't Agere just cooperate with Sony so they can use it instead while recieving profit? Same with Immersion, why not make some kind of a deal to take advantage of technology instead and recieving credit, instead of just saying they can't use it and suing?

Ridin High

R
Chakra-X said:
Now I know as much about copyright as the the next guy, assuming the next guy only know a limited amount of knowledge.

But why doesn't Agere just cooperate with Sony so they can use it instead while recieving profit? Same with Immersion, why not make some kind of a deal to take advantage of technology instead and recieving credit, instead of just saying they can't use it and suing?
well i'm guessin they may want to hold out to see if they can get the best offer they can to whomever wants to buy it. And they get money from this anyways so...

yea, it's all about the money

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think that's possible, but they'd have to get permission before the patent has been broken and the product has been...produced. In the case of the PSP, it's been out for a while now, and in the case of the Dual Shock, many years.

I guess it's like when someone edits a model, it's ok if you got permission and give credit first, but if you do it afterwards it's just too late. Only the original modeller doesn't see a penny regardless, and Immersion are probably swimming in a Scrooge-McDuck-style vault full of Sony's gold.

Best answers
damn the batards :|. Well hopefully sony will win and the companies will stop suing. What did they steal that was so important anyway? does anyone know?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cause the product can be a flop. But if they sue they get the cash without risk.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
clen said:
damn the batards :|. Well hopefully sony will win and the companies will stop suing. What did they steal that was so important anyway? does anyone know?
Gamespot said:
The patents in question run from a "wireless local area network apparatus" to "barrier layer treatments for tungsten plug."
Sounds pretty vague to me, plus if you read down it turns out Sony originally had the rights to seven of the eight patents. Hopefully they can pull through it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom