Other beams that could have things like Galick Gun

Best answers
Ok, you know how Vegeta gets that orb around him when he does Galick Gun? Well there are some other characters that could have things like that too for their techniques,
Goku's Kamehamaha:

Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon:

There are some more pictures of other characters having attacks like that but anyway, this would make it fair to Vegeta's Galick Gun:

If other characters had attacks like these, people wouldn't be mad that Galick Gun has that orb thing around him when he does Galick Gun.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dunt know about the SBC but there is a kame sprite that looks like that on ESF-world and a similar one is also used for EVM

Best answers
Another thing about this idea is that it will make the beams look different and cooler.

Best answers
Yea, making the beams have different auras is a good idea, it will give some more uniqueness to the characters and their beams.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Saiyan Knight said:
yah esf, give other characters vegetas vonurability ^.^
It's only a vulnerability if you're playing as Vegeta. :3 If you're not, it makes your Vegeta opponent easier to see, which allows you to identify the attack your opponent uses and in turn this means you can take appropriate action. Is the beam too strong to block? Run. Not enough time to PS? Run. Do I just run or jump at the enemy for melee? Stuff like that.

Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
It's only a vulnerability if you're playing as Vegeta. :3 If you're not, it makes your Vegeta opponent easier to see, which allows you to identify the attack your opponent uses and in turn this means you can take appropriate action. Is the beam too strong to block? Run. Not enough time to PS? Run. Do I just run or jump at the enemy for melee? Stuff like that.

yes i agreee i usually use sound and visual to enhance my playng ...if i heare goku doing kamehame ... i look around to see him or i just run or something

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the kamehame wave and sbc were like that when the z characters were weak; the gallick gun was only used in the weak chapter of DBZ, so it seems right to not remove the aura :) after the saiyan saga, piccolo goku gohan etc didnt have auras apart from their own ki auras from time to time when they fired off their trademark techniques. But since Vegetas Final Flash has an aura in ESF as well, i dont see why your suggestion shouldnt happen. But you may be able to edit this with FX Script..... ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ness said:
the kamehame wave and sbc were like that when the z characters were weak; the gallick gun was only used in the weak chapter of DBZ, so it seems right to not remove the aura :) after the saiyan saga, piccolo goku gohan etc didnt have auras apart from their own ki auras from time to time when they fired off their trademark techniques. But since Vegetas Final Flash has an aura in ESF as well, i dont see why your suggestion shouldnt happen. But you may be able to edit this with FX Script..... ;)
Wasn't the change in attack effects in the show partly due to them getting a new animation team?

Anyway, I think the addition of different auras for signature attacks would be very spiffy, but they'd have to be cvars, because if they're too obnoxious and block your view like Vegeta's aura does, you should be able to turn them off.

EDIT: By the way, Mist, I really like your Brolli sig. And I don't compliment sigs often.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually Goku's had pretty much the same KHH charge through DB to the end of Z, and Vegeta only used twice, and once in GT, and it all has the same charge.

Piccolo's should be the lightning that wreathed him and sparked from his fingers, I don't even remember that swirly black mist stuff.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
Actually Goku's had pretty much the same KHH charge through DB to the end of Z, and Vegeta only used twice, and once in GT, and it all has the same charge.

Piccolo's should be the lightning that wreathed him and sparked from his fingers, I don't even remember that swirly black mist stuff.
That black swirly misty stuff was the first time he charged it against Radditz in the Sayian Saga. Watch the episode again, I believe its the 4th or 6th episode when he first fires it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So it was. I still think the lightning would look better imo.

Another one is the Big Bang Attack. Right now it looks just like a generic ball with no charge sprite. It should actually have a few waves of dark energy shooting from it while it charges and when it's fired, after which it continues as it is now:

-Framerate lowered to make it easier to see-
-Quality lowered to make it load faster-

Best answers
Ness said:
Goku's charge was like that several times, i'll post pictures,

and i'm trying to find my other pictures, if I find them I will edit this post.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
So it was. I still think the lightning would look better imo.

Another one is the Big Bang Attack. Right now it looks just like a generic ball with no charge sprite. It should actually have a few waves of dark energy shooting from it while it charges and when it's fired, after which it continues as it is now:

-Framerate lowered to make it easier to see-
-Quality lowered to make it load faster-
Actually this would be very nice. As of right now, Big Bang Attack and Finish Buster look the same and also look like generic balls. They deffinately should be different.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
why, it just drops fps even more. If you want it so bad, just use the fx script to change it

p.s. just put a / at the beginning of the last quote command so it is
blah blah blah [/ quote]

Best answers
Ness said:
why, it just drops fps even more. If you want it so bad, just use the fx script to change it

p.s. just put a / at the beginning of the last quote command so it is
blah blah blah [/ quote]
erm, dont really know what fps and that stuff are..... but if there can only be one i say lightning

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
i have a observation
have seen the total dragonball series a long ago) is right that CELL does'nt have the gaillik gun aura?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why is it the second somebody says 'Eyecandy' someone immediatley says 'FPS Drop'? I can only assume you have a bad/non-existent gfx card or you don't know what you're talking about.

1) They're 2D sprites, not particles. Particles and 3D sprites are things like transformation effects and explosions.

2) 2D sprites are things like the Gallick Gun aura. They have almost no effect on FPS. Does your FPS drop when you transform? Yes, probably by around 10-15 fps. Does it drop when you charge a Gallick Gun? Maybe by 1-2. So adding the beams coming out of the Kamehameha charge sprite, the mist and lightning to the SBC or the black rings shooting out of the Big Bang charge, will change nothing. Try it for yourselves. Currently the Final Flash has the most eye candy due to it's model glow, charge sprite and yellow lightning. The SBC would be the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom