Origin Unknown

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Latest signature. I'm especially proud of the text, took me a while but I seriously think it's some of the best typography I have done in a very long time.

Tell me what you think.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its very plain and rehashed like all your other sigs. You need to find a new approach to signatures cause all your doing is basically making the same signature over and over with the same style only different pictures and it gets tiresome to see basically the same thing every time.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
>_>

Best thing I've ever seen from you. Period. Nice job.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks a lot, Delta. Phobius.. care to elaborate on what you mean by using the same style?

It's hardly constructive criticism the way you posted it, and that's against the Forum AUP if I'm not mistaken. So please, more detail?

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The whole grunge look the over all feel with the same effects you reuse over and over in all your sigs the overall design of the the sig and by design I mean the overall design of the 400x140 box its in. I'm use to seeing cool innovations like stuff from Spin|, ryoko and a few others back in the day and lately Ready has been innovating his sigs quite a bit too. Overall just tired of seeing the same effects overused and seeing the same basic 400x140 box.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it looks wicked, and I (who has a somewhat decent eye for detail when I look for it) notice subtle, nice changes from his earlier work.

On a sidenote, what's up with poor criticism Phobius?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You mean Ready is innovating his sigs by breaching the Forum AUP? Because I can do that, but I choose to abide by these rules. And according to Cucumba, Forum Staff are not above the rules.

So why can Ready have several, AUP-breaching signatures?

As for my signature, if you don't like it, fine. But do you really think it's bad because it's a rectangle? How many forums do you go to, if I may ask? I'm willing to bet over 90% of all the signatures you've seen were this same shape. But that doesn't mean they're bad, does it?

As for the same effects, what? I'm gonna show you several of my latest signatures, you tell me how they look similar okay?

Oh, and Phobius. Your avatar is too big. 10 kb is the maximum filesize, yours is almost twice that. Maybe you could resize it or decrease its quality to abide by the Forum AUP?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I take it that you have hardly ever taken criticism that isn't positive, you can't make someone like your work, his opinion is his opinion.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the point was that the criticism wasn't constructive or truthful.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I take it that you have hardly ever taken criticism that isn't positive, you can't make someone like your work, his opinion is his opinion.
I could care less if someone doesn't like it and I have had plenty of negative criticism, but this isn't criticism. He's judging my signature based on how innovative OTHER people are. How is that helping me? I'm more than willing to change stuff around, but please, tell me what. "Change styles" is not constructive.

And as for the comment you removed about DJ-Ready and Phobius' signature / avatar (kinda lame to remove that btw), it's about abiding by the Forum AUP. I feel we as a community should be able to remind Forum Staff that they are not above the methaphorical "Forum Law" and therefore the rules set in the AUP should go for them as well.

Meaning, Phobius' avatar shouldn't be bigger than 10 kb, which it is.

And DJ-Ready's signature(s) are breaching the AUP (According to this topic).

Also, Gryph, what exactly are you contributing to this topic? If it doesn't have anything to do with my signature, don't post it here.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I removed the comment because I thought it would might have been offensive, and it wasn't really my duty to address that. But I didn't care about Phobius's avatar or DJ-Ready's signature, I thought that forum staff was aloud to bypass the AUP when it came to avatars and signatures. Optimus Prime's avatar is well over 10 KB, but I don't see it necessary or worth my time to address that in a serious manner. Although I do see it unfair that moderators and staff can bypass certain rules, it doesn't really matter much to me, because it isn't like I actually want to use an avatar that's over 10 KB, or have a signature with 90% nude women in it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Am I seriously the only one who sees the hypocrisy here? (Not aimed at you, Gryph.)

Anyway, Gryph. Let's not continue this here (or at all for all I care). Let's leave this topic for the constructive comments I'm sure I will get.. one day yet.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I removed the comment because I thought it would might have been offensive, and it wasn't really my duty to address that. But I didn't care about Phobius's avatar or DJ-Ready's signature, I thought that forum staff was aloud to bypass the AUP when it came to avatars and signatures. Optimus Prime's avatar is well over 10 KB, but I don't see it necessary or worth my time to address that in a serious manner. Although I do see it unfair that moderators and staff can bypass certain rules, it doesn't really matter much to me, because it isn't like I actually want to use an avatar that's over 10 KB, or have a signature with 90% nude women in it.
It's just a matter of them enforcing the rules on us while they can freely bypass them with little-to-no consequence.

Anyway, I have no criticism regarding the signature. It's definitely one of the best one's you've made so far.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love it ofc, only thing i can say is the top right looks a little off to me, I dunno why but it does.

I think your stuff is definatety one of the most diverse around here, you've got your own definate style, but thats not a bad thing, its something to be embraced, and I think you do that just fine. Your stuff always has great composition, great colours, great balance and most of all, always keep you interested. I've seen a lot of your sigs now and I've seen the progression throughout. I never feel a sig from you is simply stock>texture>type, more like a canvas you've been working on.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thank you Dave, means a lot coming from you <3

It's compliments like that that keep me coming back to PS.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And DJ-Ready's signature(s) are breaching the AUP (According to this topic).

Seriously, I don't think many of us want to know what type of fetish us users are into... even if its hentai, thats something I'd keep to myself. :S

So anyways I like your signature dude but I think you should take off the orange off the text and add a light purple to it.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't see why Rik to has change his style to please one person, so that argument needs to stop right now.

The fact is, his current style is appealing to a majority of the forum, so he's stuck with it for now.

Any further discussion that obviously refers to Rik as an artist, rather than the piece itself, will result in a lengthy removal from this thread.

Even though it's likely almost done, anyways -_-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom