Ordered my dream guitar

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I've been saving up for quite awhile now, and now I have the money well, had the money, I just ordered it. ^^

Here's a pic.

The J5 Signature (Elecric)Acoustic Guitar. *drools*

I've been obsessing over that since I got the Fender Frontline of 2005 in February.

Most of you probably don't care, but whatever, I just wanted to share this with you all. ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I too am saving up for a new guitar, and I can't wait to get my hands on it. Anyways, congrats on your new purchase. Now i'm envious of you having a new guitar right now, and me not having one :p.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's ironic, i too am saving up for a guitar ^.^ it's not stupid, you will find that you can find people here that you can relate to them. The guitar I want is an Epiphone. Nothing fancy really. It's only $500.00 dollars. The one i have now, which is the one i started on, and i feel it's time to move on, is a Squire Stratocaster. That was only $300.00.

I hope you enjoy your new Guitar ^.^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im saving for an ESP. This will be my second guitar (the first is an accoustic i borrowed) and I want to get some decent equipment so I dont have to rebuy everything in a couple years. Im looking for a guitar and an amp somewhere in the $1200 CDN range.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is a picture of my actual current guitar, with the paintjob I want to get done on it eventually (I haven't got the money yet):

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gibson X-plorer's (I think that's a gibson anyways) are so cool I want to poop my pants. In fact, that's what i'm saving up for. Well not exactly, I'm going for an Epiphone Korina Explorer. Mmmmmm, can't wait.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah its the gibson, can tell from the rounded headstock :p

i already have the guitars i want....at the moment....

unfortunately being a guitarrist gives me GAS* =[ but that looks pretty good i guess, not much of an accoustic person.. there was a really nice Martin where i used to work, that if i was gonna buy an accoustic, i woulda got that one.

unfortunately i just love my electrics too much!!!

cool paintjob pride! im gonna be building a new neck for my esp explorer (the current one is a bit chunky...) gonna use ebony for the fingerboard, and make some alabone fret markings, except its just gonna be a lightning bolt going from the headstock to the body, where im gonna have it painted to continue accross the body, dark red lightning =]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah, ditch your bolt-ons, Axman! Mine is a solid body (I think that's what it's called, I forget sometimes--it's one of the ones where the neck is part of the guitar itself). The thing just SINGS. I'm pretty sure my neck is inlayed into the body and glued, though--so it's not a 'true' solid body, but compared to my bolt-on squier the thing really has some powerful sustain.

For my money my all-time fave acoustic is the Ovation Breadwinner, the one with the bunch of lesser holes in the corner instead of in the middle. Those things just sound so sexy, so rich and clean and clear. Only acoustic I'd ever buy, personally, since an old car accident injury prevents me from playing while sitting without massive pain in my shoulder (so I can't use the fat-bodied stuff).

I never liked Explorers till I played the particular one I've got. She's got character, like all my equipment. Only cost me 600 bucks, marked down from 800. My entire explorer--even the neck--is basswood, I believe. It has a nice deep chunk to it that is much neater then a les paul's meaty back end. Lots of edge and attack to it.

You can hear what it sounds like at my band's website but be warned that it's all old crap recordings from about 8 months ago...on a boombox. Heh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom