✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am working on my largest and most detailed map ever! It will have no mapping errors at all. It utilizes the whole HL world (well, nearly all...a small area around edge cannot be mapped...). It shall have secrets too :p . I will be posting pictures of the map every once and a while! I have a full design of it fully drawn out with some secrets, for I plan on adding more later!

The theme will most likely be sandy/rocky/Egyptian.

:laff:

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds good, bring on the screenies! =P

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

render problems make it LOOK like it has mapping errors but it does NOT have ANY

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
erm my biggest map ever

Best answers
Ok, judging by the pic and the things u said... U r most likely gonna get MAX_PATCHES... But if u make it, its gonna be GOOD...

Best answers
well its done with a generator thats cool because i make my new mountains with that too here is what i have done really nothing special took me 10 minutes

but i make the rest ( and that will be much to do) with hammer

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by dark slayer
well its done with a generator thats cool because i make my new mountains with that too here is what i have done really nothing special took me 10 minutes

but i make the rest ( and that will be much to do) with hammer

err NO!! i am NOT using a terrain generater! i have NEVER used a terrain generator (well once a while ago, but not for a whole or major/big part of a map)

NONE OF THIS MAP WILL BE TERRAIN GENERATED!

Originally posted by TAz00
Ok, judging by the pic and the things u said... U r most likely gonna get MAX_PATCHES... But if u make it, its gonna be GOOD...
ill use the -sparse parameter to get around that...it adds time to compile so i can have as many patches i need

Best answers
sounds like a good idea, but its gona take u a long time unless ur a computer nerd who works day and night for something as simple as a map for esf.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by dark slayer
aha but in the end it is the same
aha no big difference, one requires skill, one doesnt, this will result in something called pride, its what seperates people who like to map and those who love to map

and max, it will take about a month or two....

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
WOW, it looks awesome so far, neat textures, perfect shapes.... keep it going!

Best answers
I dont think that it is that easy to create a map of this size!!!
How high do you think would the r_speeds be?
you would have to make the viewable distance very high, about 9000!
And you would have to scale the textures very much!
plus, you would not be able to put in much details, so that map would be pretty empty.

Best answers
that sounds real great can't wait. I hope u'll make some mountains bustable (only 1 though) that mountain u did looks great too

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My suggestion would be to either size it down or do the same as esf_cell_day/night does and just make it into parts (in cell day it is like a four leaf clover so you don't' see all the polies at once) making its r_speeds average just under 1000 (from my quick look)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom