opm-----FFX CG WIP!!!!

Havnt decided yet,should it be a happy ending or a sad ending what do you think?

• Happy Ending

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sad Ending

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Best answers
hey!!!

working on an FFX cg. doing this all in open canvass, and im so tempted to use ps, but......... i only wanna use oc and then ps for touch ups!
anyway, i think i started this last week and only worked on it for 4 hours so far. the original is 7 times as big as the one im showing u now. i need it pretty big so i can print out a nice clean copy for my friends birthday. :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wow dude looks great but give it more depth like shadows in the fave and stuff

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oooooh i can see ur pics now, vry nice, i like it, i hope to see more from you :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wow it roxors , i like it!
can you show us some more of that? i would like that :)
i have checked your site, the manga posted there looks pretty nice, i like it.

Best answers
I like it, always good to see original compositions. As you progress you should think about lighting a little more. People color very differently, so I'm not sure how finished Yuna's face is at the moment, but more contrast or a variety of light sources will add a lot of punch to your work so far. The hair is coming together very nice.

My reall issue at this point is the facial expression. Which is to say that she has none. She looks like a rabbit in headlights or a store manikin. Relax her expression a little to make it look less like she's staring. You can do that by closing the eyelids a little and emphasizing the depth of the eye sockets a bit. Her lips look a little taut, if you relax them a little they will seem more natural. Here's an example (unfortunately a different angle):

You'll have to excuse the color experimentation, I'm into that now.

I'm also not really sure that I'd want Rikku to be naked. She's like what? 16? That kind of thinking is going the wrong way for me.

Retired
Best answers
I like the face, good job on the coloring. but what MrDomino said, she stares a bit too much atm. (not that I would do it any better). I think it's getting there. but needs certain tweaks.

good job :)

Best answers
well im not even close to finishing yunas face in that pix, but i worked on it some more last night, and its changed a lot! weeeee!!!
i have a bad habit of staying in one section without working on the overall image....... but anyway ive saved several screen shots and ill post that up when im finally done with all the images up till my final version. so far ive got 5-6 ss from the rough sketch to my edited version.

i wont post up another wip, just the final version maybe next week. then ill take more crits! i cant wait till im done really. im super impatient. :tired:
thanx for all the comments!

oh yea, do u guys think i should do FFX or FFX-2? cuz so far ive got the FFX-2 heads, but FFX clothing. should i keep the mix or stick to one version?

Best answers
mix them up a bit, it would make for a more original design...not that im an artist or nuthin

Best answers
yeah i think you need a bit more atmosphere. like shadow one bit of her face or something. the nose is not really supposed to be defines by a line, it's defined by a shadow off from the right. there is also shadow under the nose and lips, and on the side you want it on. i'd say put some shading on the right side of her face (our right, her left)

good start though :-D

Best answers
PrimalRage said:
yeah i think you need a bit more atmosphere. like shadow one bit of her face or something. the nose is not really supposed to be defines by a line, it's defined by a shadow off from the right. there is also shadow under the nose and lips, and on the side you want it on. i'd say put some shading on the right side of her face (our right, her left)

good start though :-D

as i said, i already changed a lot yesterday. theres a reason why this is a WIP, i wanted to show ppl wat i was up to so it kinda bothers me when people keep repeating nearly the same crit..... but at least people are commenting so i guess its still a good thing.
so anyway i just want to know wat i should do about the clothing. keep to ffx or change to ffx-2, both? does it really matteR? mah friend from dmz says to switch to FFX-2, but the problem is i wanted yuna to have a staff cuz that was apart of the original composition. thats why her hand is in that funneh position.

Best answers
She could also be holding a gun? :p FFX-2 would match better though, since it's a bit more "girly".

Best answers
Wouldn't the staff block Rikku as the hand is now? That would kill the composition if you ask me. Anyway, I think less people would comment on the oddity of facial expressions if you posted an updated version of the pic to show us how you fixed it.

Best answers
MrDomino said:
Wouldn't the staff block Rikku as the hand is now? That would kill the composition if you ask me. Anyway, I think less people would comment on the oddity of facial expressions if you posted an updated version of the pic to show us how you fixed it.

hmmm i havent worked on it in the last two days so i dont remember, but i dont think its blocking rikku that much at all. ill have to chek later cuz im at school right now. but id rather just skip all the wip posts and wait till im finished. cuz right now i dont find crits too helpful when im still working on it. it might sound odd, but thats just how i work....... i like to finish everything until i feel its complete then get all the crits at once and then edit it with suggestions/crits afterwards, i think i learn a lot more that way cuz then id know what i can do without any help, and id be able to compare it afterwards with other people's comments. i dont know if i make any sense, but doing this cg is pretty much going to be my first attempt at a cging a realism piece (if u can call ffx realism). lately ive been too influenced by anime drawings, and cell shading, so its kinda hard to break the habit.

oy, i think im babbling. im so tired.... this week has been busy for me cuz of tests and projects at school. im suppose to finish this cg by my friends bday, march 26....... i hope ill make it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom