Opening Video?

Best answers
It's not any suggestion on the gameplay but more for the look. It would be great if the team included an opening video with the MOD. Something that shows all the characters and stuff. That will make it seem even more like a game than it already is.
If you agree maybe we can have a forum competition where everyone tries their hand at making a video of ESF openbeta in-game footage and use it for the game.
Just a suggestion though.

Best answers
the opening video wud be cool but only for lyk 1 or 2 times, after that theyll just get old dont u think?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, no, pretty pointless suggestion. I'm pretty sure nobody wants to watch an opening video. But then again, I say that about everything that I find to be completely retarded.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think that would be an interesting idea to put into place. Most game developers do this and give you the simple option of hitting a button usually ESC or sometimes even ENTER works to skip the video.

Who knows maybe we could hold a competition and let some of you fans submit your video's and the winner gets his or her video put into it just a suggestion would have to run it through the team and PR guy of course.

Best answers
could be nice and short sorta like the HL2: Source Forts mod where they pick up the piece and then smack against screen leaving a HL2 symbol

Best answers
And what's more, you could include an option to enable/disable it on start.

And if its in a common format, people could make their own startups and load it to esf-world. So if it gets old, just change it.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And what's more, you could include an option to enable/disable it on start.

And if its in a common format, people could make their own startups and load it to esf-world. So if it gets old, just change it.
I agree an option to turn it off would be handy. Just like THPS3.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or they could introduce the esf logo video as opening(and other stuff)! :)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, maybe it wouldn't b boring if it is possible to make about five vids, and play them randomly at begining of each game

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wouldn't making a good quality opening cinematic be kinda a pain in the buttocks? And wouldn't it up the size quite a bit?

Best answers
it shouldn't up the size that much if you don't make it ridiculously long and use adequate compression

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
WHAA? whATS THIS!?! an esf thread about a VIDEO!!?

I guess this is my Q =)!!

here is a beta trailer i made for 1.3

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bS68Ax_7etc

I actually still have the recording and i COULD redit the whole thing to make it even better + longer =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom