"Open With..." Frustration

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
UGH! I can't get my .mdl files set to open with hlmv.exe >.< (WINDOWS XP btw)

When I go to the OPEN WITH... dialogue I click BROWSE and I find & select hlmv.exe, click ok and BAM, it doesn't add it to the "Open With..." program list!

I never had this problem before I reformatted.

I noticed that other programs I've installed have been added to the list automatically.

Please help me out!

Retired
Best answers
did you check the box 'always open with this application' or anything in that direction?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh, well I messed around in the registry awhile and got it added in manually.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Satan, between this and your administrator woes, I can tell you with 100% certainty that your windows install is borked. If you don't fix it by backing up and reinstalling you will be a highly sad panda when your NTFS volume gets too corrupted and writes back erroneous data from the system cache.

Your best option is to reformat, full on rape-the-data format.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
The only thing worse than that is when your partition table becomes misaligned... then it can't find ANY of your data. >_<

You can go Tools->Folder options (in any folder), scroll down to the MDL file type, and change the default program it opens with.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kurt, thats what I tried before making this thread, it didn't work, so I just went in and did it all manually, which was easy but a bit of a pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom