Open Pen Doodle Gallery

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I thought it would be cool if we could get somekinda artgallery going that anyone could contribute to.

Goal: Create a quick pen doodle without any references and have fun with it. It doensn't have to be perfect, its just to show how good of a grasp u have on what ur trying to make.

2 days ago I doodle this on my computer paper that i use as a mouse pad.

I'm pretty proud of this one, I really think it shows that my anatomy studyin is paying off =]

Last edited:
Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Heh cool drawings, I like the one of the gladiator guy.

Maybe i should change the rules to PENCIL TOO, but no ereasing =] soo maybe more people would participate =]. Does anyone agree

edit-

Legend do u have any tips for drawing arms o_O? thats sorta my weak area

Last edited:
Best answers
Legend do u have any tips for drawing arms o_O? thats sorta my weak area
Well for one, don't not draw them. Even if you suck at it, you'll only learn by doing it.

Second, try to invision the parts of the arm as cilinders and draw them at first like that in the position you want them to be. If you get that right, then you can start adding details.

Also i thought this was just a sketch thread, i didn't notice any rules or nothing...
I made a few efforts a while back to make a same kind of thread. But they never last.
Still i'm all for these kind of threads so that's why i posted. I'll do some more when i get the time and you should do the same and draw the arms this time.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
a fairly quick one =] was soo tempted to erease =]

used a pencil and darkened it with ps

Best answers
Not bad Jinx, you're right bicep is a little too high up there and for god's sake make your picture a little smaller in photoshop before uploading.
Also don't stop there, there is a lot of detail left to be added to your drawings.

anyway had another session. Don't know if it's even worth showing, then again that's what the thread's for: first try pass or fail sketches...

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Pretty cool stuff ,, your right tho.. i do need more detail in my drawings =].. but i think i should go for correct anatomy before i worry about that .

Heres 3 more pics I did.. but I only just now remembered to upload =].

I blew it on the arm big time lol.. made me mad too cuz it was a good pic .I was gonna make him into a soldier of some sort =]. I used a pencil(no ereasin) I'm not sure but the neck might be too long ..

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers

These were quicker ones.. tryin to tackle anatomy ._.

And here's one I did like 2 days ago..

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
BEFORE

And i thought Ide add this one in here to show that paint i did a while ago..

I used no refs and made the entire thing in photoshop.. i haven't taken the time to finish it tho =] so here's my progress..

AFTER

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom