Open challenge

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I accept, it's not like my OTHER fight is going anywhere right now :)

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This fight will take place on a mountain slope, a nearby river rapid roars into the valley below. There are numerous caves around the base of the mountain, and the mist shrouded valley below may harbor secrets best left undiscovered.

Best answers
This doesn't seem like much a place I'd wanna die in but hey, it's your prerogative pal.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Funny how you mention it's not much of a place you'd want to die, having a bit of a premonition are you? This mountain is too good a grave for you, but hopefully by the time i'm finished, there won't be anything left to bury ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OK, i've looked through your bio a few times, made some notes, i'm ready when you're ready :)

Best answers
Yea my appologies on the delay, I'm almost finished now, so it will be up shortly.

EDIT: Ok it's ready

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then what are you waiting for? Post it already and lets get this party started :p

Best answers
Introductions were over . . .

--CRACK--

. . The previous defeat Kelesk had endured would be his last . . .

--BOOM--

. . No more would his life be thrown aside by foolish ambitions . . .

--SPLASH--

. . He would take his rightful place. . .

------------------------------------

The spectre lay on his back slightly submerged in one of the small streams that flowed into the main river, Callisto tightening his grip on the demons neck, “Without the Soul Scythe you are a defenceless fool at my mercy.”

Kelesk was helpless against the attack, using one hand in a frail attempt to crush Callisto’s hand, the other being used as a support to keep his head above water level. Forcing a smile from his dying expression and giving in to Callisto’s attack, raised the hand he had been using as support, letting out a gurgled scream from beneath the water, a huge vortex of water launched Callisto skyward, crushing his ribs and throwing him into the river to be carried away by the rapids before being thrown back ashore by a tentacle of water leaving a shallow part in the gravel as he slid.

“This site is mine to toy with as I see fit,” Kelesk grabbed Callisto by his fiery red hair and yanked it up rasing his face from the gravel, “and anything to destroy you is fine with m- . . .” Kelesk’s sentence abruptly interrupted as Callisto landed a twisting sidekick to the demon’s temple, the blow knocking Kelesk to Callisto’s left a few feet. Both fighters immediately jumped back to their feet.

“Incredible power for someone who just appears from nowhere.”

No response came from Callisto who began to draw his sword. The dark blade edged silver had an anarchistic ‘feel’ to it, the very presence of it making the spectre feel uneasy. The spectre watched on as the silver edges reflected the light back into his eyes, as if Callisto were taunting him.

“You know Kelesk,” Callisto’s aura crackled to life, as his Ki Empowering abilities kicked in, “though you may be the first person I have met since my return, I can’t help but think I have known you a lot longer . . .” Callisto faded into the mist all that could be seen was his red aura radiating its devilish glow which too faded into the mist.

With no weapon to parry his I am going to have to be cautious or this could end up very messy . . .

With sheer brutality and relentlessness Callisto lanced the blade into the unsuspecting demon’s side, a pain filled howl echoed through the valley and its various caverns followed by a loud thud as he dropped to his knees coughing up blood, the crimson liquid flowing from the wound, running down his pants and onto the rough gravel below as the blade was torn back out of the wound. Callisto letting out a sigh of exhaustion as his fiery aura died down grabbing the demon and throwing him back up the mountain, the inert demon splintering a tree and coming to rest at the base of another.

Crawling up against the tree at which he had fallen before the spectre sat back, blood dripping from his mouth onto his white shirt, barely glancing up to see Callisto’s feet.

“You can’t win ice demon . . . You have given up the Soul Scythe at the wrong time.”

Raising the now demonic glare abruptly present on his face the meet the red-haired demons, Kelesk wiped the blood from his mouth with his forearm and began mouthing words. As his orange aura began to crackle to life around him, a cool but strong breeze began to blow through the trees, strengthening with each larger pulse the spectre’s aura gave out. A look without a morsal of mercy was all that returned to the demon as he continued his chant under his breath until his aura burst to full life, twisting the tree he sat back on until he pushed himself forward, releasing the tree back to reality’s grip; the tree literally imploding due to the sudden release from chaotic energies.

Kelesk flew towards Callisto, his aura burning around him. With little time to react to the sudden attack Callisto swung his blade in a horizontal slash the cut straight through the charging demon, yet there was something erroneous, the slash had not been resisted in anyway as and after its connection with the demon, SPECTRE!

Kelesk flew through Callisto leaving not a physical mark on him, but within his mind a burning bright orange light filled his vision, two words echoed through his mind in the demons voice, “Chaos Reality . . .” The blinding light subsided returning him to a lightened dream world, but it was all so real. He stood in the center of his village, Kaleth stood beside him. His mind immediately cleared of his fight with Kelesk now filled with joy, he was home. Turning to Kaleth he gave a warm smile, “You are here, your wings,” a small tear grew from his right eye, “Now we can live in peace . . .” The girl stood before him, smiling back but shaking her head, a look of confusion jolted upon Callisto’s face . . .

“I am sorry. My destiny has been laid out for me already.”

“Wha-?”

The Kelesk appeared behind him; Callisto looking on in awe as Kaleth walked over and stood beside him.

“And who are you?”

“Her destiny is in me.”, Kelesk let Callisto’s current mind lock loosen, his mind returning to him the memories of Kaleth’s death.

“How is that possible, when she is dead?”

“Think about it you arrogant fool, what did you really see? You were too hell-bent on revenge to notice what happened that day; she lived, barely, until her lust for power overpowered her and took it upon herself to seek me out, but now hers is mine.”

True reality snapped back and the now enraged Callisto blindly swung at every tree, still under the influence of Chaos Reality; each tree appearing to him as one of the many imps and demons that had attacked him so long ago, “I WILL KILL YOU FOR THIS TRECHERY DEMON, MARK MY WORDS, I WILL KILL YOU!

Kelesk simply smiled, a part of him wanting to be rude and arrogant, the other just wanting to annoy, “I already am dead; I am no longer an ice demon so please quit calling me that . . .”

A small orb of water grew between the spectre’s fingertips small spikes of ice corkscrewing outward from within the orb. Distracted and still under Chaos Reality’s effects, Callisto had left himself open to any attack the demon had taken fancy to.

---------------------------------------

In the valley below, bushes begun to rustle, small eerie wails called out to one another until a mighty roar echoed through the valley, neither fighter had heard it, too consumed within their fight.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A mountain like any other, a natural habitat for the animals of the area. From a distance, nobody would have guessed that two beings of immense strength were settling their differences in a twisted waltz of death. Should one care to venture into this epitome of tranquillity, the peaceful illusion will shatter and show the true events that were taking place as the two hateful embodiments attacked one another without remorse.

Callisto grappled with the spectre as it lashed out, struggling to keep it's head below the water while keeping his own firmly above. His long, crimson hair flowing with the water as Kelesk's breath seemed to be give out. For a split second the fight seemed won, the peace restored. This fraction of blank time was interrupted by a roaring, gurgling sound, as the water in front of Callisto seemed to shift and move around Kelesk, forming an ever-growing circular pool that seemed to have it's own consciousness...

Fwoosh! The last thing Callisto saw before blacking out was a huge blue sheet of water rapidly growing in size, foaming at the edges as it rushed to meet its target, which it struck head on, crashing into Callisto like a charging bull. He fell through the air, and splashed down into the stream, instantly awakening him. He scarcely had time to catch his breath upon resurfacing before a ghostly, liquid tentacle grasped him tightly around the waist, pulling him up out of the lake and flinging him back to land, causing him to land face-down in the rough gravel, the tiny, sharp shards of stone cutting up his head and face as he slid towards the awaiting Kelesk.

He looked up through blurred eyes at the being before him. Even looking at it caused him pain. What was it? A ghost? A demon? What? Whatever it was, it was mocking him. It’s smile burning a hole into his dignity as he lay on the hard bed of stones. Callisto could take it no further. Using his long coat to disguise his movements, he span his torso on the ground, grinding the gravel into the earth, and flipped up onto his feet in a crouched position. Scarcely before his boots hit the ground he’d leapt toward the spectre, giving it no reaction time.

Smack! He landed a strong but desperate kick to the side of Kelesk’s head, sending them both sprawling. If the attack had an effect, it didn’t show on the apparition’s face, which was cool and expressionless as both fighters stood, taking their positions for the next assault.

“Incredible power for someone who just appears out of nowhere.” Said Kelesk. The words sent a chill down Callisto’s spine as they brought on fresh waves of anguish. It was true, he had just appeared at the top of the mountain, rejected from hell and vomited upon the unwelcoming Earth. Callisto kept his feelings to himself, choosing instead to finish the battle as quickly as possible. He grasped his belt with one hand, his swords hilt with the other, and in a fluid motion unsheathed it and positioned himself. He began to draw on his inner energy, giving him the energy he needed to slay the icy demon. He watched as the red flames licked about his body like fire, bringing back all the tortured memories of the underworld.

“You know Kelesk, though you may be the first person I have met since my return, I can’t help but think I have known you a lot longer . . .” Another truth. Callisto did recognise him, more his attitude than his physical appearance, though he couldn’t put his finger on where or when they’d met, he was almost certain they had. He sensed a great amount of power emanating from him. It was an unforgettable feeling. Moving his energy in front of him, he used it to silently push himself back into the thick mist that had enveloped them.

Realizing he was now completely hidden, he shifted his ki to one side, causing him to circle around the unwitting Kelesk. With one sharp, swift, stabbing motion, he lunged with his sword and pierced through Kelesk’s blind spot.

The calm, serene forest was filled with the howl of a thousand banshee’s as Kelesk shrieked in pain. Every animal within a five mile radius ran away from the noise as fast as it could. The ground itself seemed to shake and quake from the sound’s intensity. Callisto felt the demons energy plummet as he ripped the blade out of Kelesk, who dropped to his knees, incapacitated. Showing no mercy, Callisto picked him up and hurled him into a large tree, the impact splintering it.

“Hopefully that’ll keep him down…” thought Callisto as he saw the apparition fall to the ground and slump, lifelessly into the root-infested mud.

“Face it, you can’t win, Ice Demon. You’re unarmed, you’ve given up the Soul Scythe at the wrong time!”

A peculiar thought struck Callisto, how did he know of the Soul Scythe? It is impossible unless they’d met before. Perhaps they had. The strange feeling of recognition came over him once again. He was almost certain he could remember, and then in a flash it was gone again.

A flash, an orange flash…

The demon swooped at Callisto with insane speed, his weary eyes barely picking up the movements. He errantly chopped and sliced at the air with his sword but to no avail, the attacks seemed to pass through his targets ethereal body. Within seconds the apparition was upon him. The last thing he remembered was two words that echoed through his vacant mind like a cave; Chaos Reality.

His vision blurred and shifted, twisted and turned. Callisto thought he was going to be sick as reality itself bent and refracted, then shattered. Suddenly it was all over, he was back. Back in his village, with his people, in his time. By his side, Kaleth stood, she was human. It was all so perfect. The memory of the fight seemed to be no more than a passing daydream. The blur in his eyes dissipated, and then returned as tears of joy began to well up.

“It was all a dream, it never happened, any of it…” His voice trailed off as his eyes passed over the mixed mass of adults and children happily living out their lives, free from pain. “Now we can live, in peace…”

Callisto looked into Kaleth’s warm, welcoming eyes, sensing in them a hint of sadness as she slowly shook her head from side to side, each movement sending cold rivets down Callisto’s spine.

“I am sorry. My destiny has been laid out for me already.” Callisto watched aghast as the form of Kelesk materialised beside Kaleth, His obvious power making visible, icy tendrils twist and coil around them.

“If you exist…then she cannot. She died before you came to be. This is an illusion, it’s all been an illusion.” Callisto said, fearing to believe the very words he himself was speaking.

Kelesk opened his mouth, his expression a twisted combination of mockery and loathing. “Think about it you arrogant fool, what did you really see? You were too hell-bent on revenge to notice what happened that day; she lived, barely, until her lust for power overpowered her and took it upon herself to seek me out, she now belongs to me.” These last few words punching the shards of reality back into Callisto’s mind as he realised it was no nightmare. They were both on the mountain once again, the chimera of the village now dissipated. All Callisto saw was Kelesk’s form swimming through a haze of green and red, his sole target. He cared nothing of the environment, nothing of the consequences, nothing even of his own personal safety. He now lived for one purpose alone. To kill Kelesk.

“I'LL KILL YOU! MARK MY WORDS, I WILL KILL YOU! YOU SHALL NOT LIVE ANOTHER MINUTE!”

Callisto screamed as he dashed at the image in front of him, it’s every feature driving and compelling Callisto to run on, furious and relentless. He swung his sword wildly, errantly levelling terrain and cutting down trees as he did so. His long red hair, a crimson streak behind him.

The demon remained in his azure calm state, maintaining his cool attitude and barely paying heed to Callisto’s exasperating attacks.

“I already am dead; I am no longer an ice demon so please quit calling me that…” he said with a sub-zero lustre. He outstretched one arm in front of him, and at his fingertips summoned a pale blue sphere, as deep as the eyes of it’s creator. As the orb began to grow, lethal-looking spikes began to stretch out of its surface like the head of a Morningstar.

Callisto’s mind, a blur of colour, scarcely registered the attack as it took form, “Even if you destroy my body with your cheap tricks, I will have my vengeance.” He left himself open to Kelesk’s attack, hoping to get just one final shot at the ghost’s weak spot. He knew it may cost him his life, but it was the only thought keeping him going as he closed in on his foe.

As the titanic battle wreaked havoc above, nobody had ears for a few distant wails coming from the foot of the mountain. The wails grew in number and volume, ending in a final climactic howl.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust, while you post was better, you clearly plagerized the dialouge Kelesk had written. You must write your own individual post for that first round.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry, I was under the impression that we had to rewrite the other contestants post, add more description, literary features and so forth. I'll do better in the second round.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kelesk takes round one by default, lets get it on to round two. Ironically, round 2 requires you to write a sequel to the winner of the first round. Only in Round 1 are the posts wholly seperate. Still, don't rewrite Kelesk's second round, and you should fair better.

Best answers
With each monstrous blow either combatant landed the other would try to outdo it, both fighters pushing harder and harder with each passing parry, with each passing attack, with each passing breath . . .

Kaleth why

With Kelesk having revealed his new technique, Callisto was prepared for near anything the spectre could throw his way, Kelesk barely avoiding having his head taken off by a wild swing from Callisto’s sword which was followed by a right spinning sidekick that squarely landed in the spectre’s chest, launching him into the base of a tree trunk.

Kelesk

Grunting as he arose to his feet the spectre resumed his adept fighting stance. Waiting for the precise second immediately after Callisto had launched his assault, waiting . . waiting . . there! Callisto launched himself forward, his sword skewed outwards from his body as the spectre sidestepped to the adjacent side, grabbing the arm that held the blade and then the other stopping Callisto in his tracks, before jumping forwards, planting his knee into the red-haired demon’s back and rolling the both of them in the air until Callisto’s front was aimed level with the ground, gravity grabbed the two and pulled them inevitably downward, Kelesk’s knee crushing into Callisto’s spine and they hit the cool earth below. Kelesk rolled off the body and watched as Callisto pulled himself from the small hole he had left from the impact before turning around to face the demon once again.

Demon . . .

Slowly Kelesk raised one spectral hand, a straight off indication to Callisto that Kelesk was preparing an attack, but this he did not, raising only his index finger and making a slashing indication across his neck. Wincing in anger Callisto clenched his fists tighter trying to control himself, the voice inside his head began to speak . . .

--hedestroyedyourvillagekillhimkillhimnowhemustbedestroyedyoumustkillhimnow--

Callisto’s eyes clamped shut, agony cobwebbed across his mind as the voices grew louder and louder, every single one a dismal reminder of the past and everything presented to him henceforth, no, Callisto’s eyes shot open a piecing stare straight into Kelesk pure white eyes. With nothing but rage and insanity lighting the path before him he charged down the demon, and for a split second, Kaleth spoke.

--ohdeargodpleasepleasekillitnow--

Kelesk immediately launched his attack but with no avail, Callisto dodged the simple spinning hook kick and lanced his blade into the spectre’s left side. In horror the spectral entity’s eyes widened in as an acute jolt of pain surged through every nerve. Through all the pain he did not make a sound, not a grunt of pain until Callisto tore the blade from the spectre, blood trickling from the wound. Abruptly Kelesk began coughing up more blood; the attack had hit a key point in Kelesk’s body.

--killitattackitagainmakeitsuffermakeitdead--

Callisto ran his index finger along one side of his blade, wiping the blood off the shiny metal before grabbing Kelesk by the neck and tossing him back down into the valley, a few seconds passed before a solid thud echoed out over the resonance of rushing water. Another thud closely followed as the red-haired demon pursued his target.

It took the red-haired demon mere seconds to find the bleeding wreck of Kelesk, lying on the gravel at the entrance of a cave. Without hesitation Callisto threw Kelesk into the cave solidly slamming into the wall at the first T-junction within the cave, his body limply falling to the floor. Again without remorse Callisto grabbed the spectre by the neck and charged him through the wall at the T-junction, and into a large white room. Startled and disillusioned at his find, Callisto dropped Kelesk in a bleeding heap on the cold floor tiles.

Around the room were various computers, unlike anything Callisto had seen in his lifetime, the technology around the room was astonishing.

This is unlike anything I’ve ever seem before . . It-- It’s amazing . . .

Callisto still intrigued searched for a door out and stumbled across it when a scientist walked in to see what the noise was.

“Hey! You’re not supp--” the little scientist looked over to the body lying on the floor in a crimson pool of death and then back at the blood covered Callisto, “. . Kelesk!”

“Guards! Guards!”

“**** . . .” groaned Callisto, throwing his blade into the back of the scientist’s skull as he ran off screaming, but it was too late, as if on cue, the second he tore his blade from the scientists head an alarm sounded.

“Warning, Warning, Security breach in sector C-02. Intruder is armed and has already killed Kelesk. Terminate on sight.”

“Kelesk is dead . . ?” Engar softly forced out looking at the hooded figure before him.

“No my apprentice, he is merely down.”

“Well we have to help him then!” Yelled Engar; deactivating both blades of his rouge saber. As he turned to the door he got no more than two steps before he felt something firm grip his shoulder.

“He does not need our help . . .”

“But maste--“

“Engar, he is fine, but help him to sector I-29, I will meet you there.”

These words toyed with Engar’s mind, but his trust in his master had left him with no other choice but to hope that he was right.

“Yes master . . .”

Callisto ran through the diverse corridors of the facility, in his wake were dozens of dead Zucchini Shock Troopers and in his way were only dozens more, until something caught his eye, a trail of blood the streaked across the white tiled floor, an area where there was hardly any security, any resistance, though along side this trail of blood were bloodied footprints, both trails leading into a room, on the door were warnings and the code, ‘I-29’.

Callisto opened the door and walked inside, the room was dark, dark enough to only see the outlines of objects within the room. A few steps further within, the lights in the room turned on; Callisto could not believe what he saw, blinking hard and long in a dissolution / reality mindset. Before him, were three energy cases, within each case lay a different weapon two of which he recognised but the third he did not. Within the first case lay the weapon of myth, supposedly destroyed in the battle between angel and god; Kelesk and Cucumba. The second was the legendary ban saber, ‘Rouge’. The third was much alike the rouge saber, though more staff like, with clip-like objects on each adjacent end, and four small prongs, two on each adjacent end.

By this time the trail of blood had slipped his mind as from behind each weapon a little hatch opened up and lifts raised three more fighters up, Callisto’s eyes widened in fear at the sight before him; Cucumba, Engar, and Kelesk who was wearing a new shirt, his wounds healed.

Callisto took a step back as all three case barriers disabled, and the three grabbed their weapons. ****ily Kelesk walked towards Callisto, his staff held securely in his right hand, speaking softly under his breath, but a few words being made clear to Callisto.

“ . . Come . . Get . . Me . . .”

Callisto glanced back over to where Engar and Cucumber had been standing, now only Engar stood, clenching Rouge in fury. But that was of no concern any longer, Callisto drew back his blade ready to strike and lunged at the spectre, but by that time he had already fallen into the demon’s trap, Kelesk tore open a portal and the two were pulled through.

The next Callisto knew, he was outside again, on the edge of a plateau upon a mountain. With no safe way forward he spun around to be met with again, another astounding sight.

Before Callisto lay thousands upon thousands of small, white flowers; their presence radiating in the sun in a beautiful white aura. In the blue sky above, small birds chirped and played in a pristine display of serenity and in the center of it all stood Kelesk.

“Thi . . This place, where . . what is it?”

“This is Engar’s sanctuary.”

Callisto was overwhelmed by the sudden change of atmosphere. Below lay furious streams and rough terrain, but here, here lay a bounty of utter beauty. He became lost within it until the spectre began to speak.

“I will give you one last chance Callisto, join us or I will personally tear your soul from your body.”

“Like you did to Kaleth?!”

“She came willingly . . .”

Callisto winced in anger, still lost in this new places’ tranquillity.

“Release her soul and I will consider that.”

“You are in no position to be making deals.” Scoffed Kelesk who was becoming more and more impatient with the consistent delays.

“Fine then, tell me what happened to my village.” Callisto was at a loss, nothing mattered anymore, that was all he wanted to know before death. He had discovered the truth about Kaleth and witnessed the aftermath of his village, now this was all he needed to know.

“Your village,” Laughed the spectre, “yo--“

“Your village was destroyed in a training bout against Engar, the two put on a good show, and both are progressing nicely.” The abrupt interruption came from the jade behemoth himself, Cucumba.

“Kelesk, destroyed it?” Callisto continued to question, slightly confused about one small aspect of the whole concept.

“Yes, when his Chaos Control ability hit head on with Engar’s force powered Ki attack, the attacks intertwined and sub-dimensionally detonated, resulting in the destruction of your village.” Continued the Mad Old One.

“Sub-dimensionally . . ?”

Cucumba did not produce a response, and only grinned back as four giant water tentacles rose up from the rivers below. Kelesk too smiled, his arms crossed still holding the staff in his right hand, only repeating what he had said before.

“Now, join us or die, you have seen far too much to be allowed to walk away alive.”

Callisto stopped and continued to think, not about the offer given out by Kelesk, but of his village’s demise. Something didn’t add up, Kaleth, no matter how evil would never have harmed the village or it’s people.

“With Kaleth being a part of you, how could you destroy my village, she love it there.” Callisto softly spoke out under his breath, he was now almost in tears.

“I control every soul I consume, no matter how powerful.”

Kelesk

Kelesk began to summon up an orb of pure negative energy, the energies of all the dead souls he had consumed aiding his power as the orb grew larger. Small black figures began appearing from ‘under’ his skin, peeling off and began to orbit around him. Slowly they began to take a somewhat distinguishable shape.

“You . . .”

The orb reached its pinnacle of strength and Kelesk drew back his arm in preparation for the attack; the souls of thousands of dead warriors and innocents alike, joining in a long unseen orbit around the spectre, chanting in a bone chilling chorus of the damned as they spiralled aimlessly around him.

Freak

Callisto drew his sword as Kelesk threw the orb, using the swords blade as a mirror and deflecting the attack away before head-on assaulting the spectre again. A few feet away the Mad Old One watched patiently.

“You destroyed my village TRAINING!”

Kelesk produced a ****y smile that tore away at Callisto’s morals of honour and dignity as both clips of the staff he carried locked into a new position 90 degrees counter-clockwise, small sparks of energy crackled around the ends.

“Enough games, you had you chance.” Kelesk’s eyes flashed deep blue and one of the water tentacles wrapped around Callisto, slowly strangling the life from him. Again the spectre not showing even a morsal of mercy or forgiveness as an orange glow consumed his eyes. Callisto began to realise his situation, lowering his head to watch the insane demon below and considering his options, lost of hope.

“Chaos Control”

Then he heard her again . . .

--deargodnonotagainmakeitstopthepainmakeitgoawaymakeitstopmakeitdiepleasemakeitdie--

The souls in orbit around the spectre fled back under his skin as the Rouge Scythe’s blades burst to life, each end wielding two teeth-like blades that crackled with pure energy. Cucumba smiled, please with his creation, the Rouge Scythe was a success.

The four blades glowed a bright greeny-yellow, but that slowly faded to an orangy-yellow as Chaos Control’s full effects set in. The tentacle that held Callisto slammed into the ground, raising back into the air leaving the red-haired demon lying in a small crater, helpless as the spectral warrior walked over to body.

Through closed eyelids Callisto could barely make out the orange glow, the hum of the blades and the odd spark being the only sounds for what seemed like an eternity . . .

The sounds from the valley below, they were just test subjects, sounds from the NoA labs . . .

. . Until the devilish voice sounded once again.

“Join us, or die . . .”

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It was dark.

For a moment, Callisto was back there, back in the infernal regions of Hell, the blood, the demons, the voices...they all came flooding back in a maelstrom of negativity. He was blind, the rage and hate for the creature he felt before him had taken control of his body and he, Callisto, was hopeless to stop it. As he thundered towards his target, his only thought was to kill.

Kelesk stood as calm as the ice that had formed in his hand, looking at Callisto, not even giving him the petty satisfaction of recognition. As the crimson streak streamed closer and closer, the orb in Kelesk’s hand began to grow further, until it was the size of his own head.

“Just a little more…” thought Kelesk as Callisto edged nearer, “Now!” He released the icy sphere, which hurtled and span at the unrelenting man in its path. Kelesk allowed himself a satisfied smirk as the spinning tendrils of ice sank through Callisto’s skin and ripped through his body. The smirk vanished when he realised the true nature of the situation. Even his deadly attack hadn’t stopped Callisto from running at him, the long red hair and black and green coat represented a horrific shadow that covered him. With barely enough time to react, Kelesk shielded his body with his crossed arms and waited for Callisto’s dark steel to inevitably slice through them. He closed his eyes…

“Huh?” he proclaimed aloud five seconds later. There was no sword, no slicing and no Callisto. He seemed to have vanished. It took a further second to notice that Kaleth had gone too. A twig cracked behind him, he instinctively turned around.

Callisto stood a good thirty feet behind him with his sword drawn. He opened his mouth as if to speak but no words came out. Instead he picked up the broken twig, held it in his free hand and smiled.

“You know, even at such advanced skill levels as our own, we can always rely on nature to catch us by surprise.” He said, and dropped the twig. “Sorry I made you waste your time and energy on that attack, I know how important every second is to somebody about to be removed from existence, after all, I was once in this situation myself.”

Kelesk was astounded. Was this the same Callisto that had stormed at him mere seconds ago? The same Callisto who ran with mad eyes and foam dripping from his mouth, shrieking and screaming like a demon, now acting so carefree? “What are you talking about!?” he demanded.

“I had to get her away you see, away from danger. The very same danger, in fact, that is about to endanger your life.” Said Callisto seriously.

“What life? I’m dead, you can never kill me. Not that I’d ever allow such an amateur as you the chance to do so.” Replied Kelesk bitterly, furious that the warrior was toying with him as a cat would to a mouse. A mouse that would be eaten.

“Oh but you have, while you were blindly shielding yourself from my attack, I ran right past you and took Kaleth to safety, leaving an image in my place. Now it’s just you and me, although I’m ashamed to say I have an unfair advantage.” He said, looking up and around at the surrounding woodland. With each glance, an image of Callisto stepped out from it’s hiding place, behind tree’s and rocks or crouching in shadows, seven other Callisto’s emerged.

“That’s not possible!” exclaimed Kelesk, “You can’t copy yourself! Kaleth informed me of all your techniques and she would have told me if you could!” The spectre began to show his first signs of anxiety, and tried, feebly, to hide them behind his cool demeanour.

“She knows nothing of what I learnt in Hell. I found myself surrounded by gibbering demons; only after killing one did I find that two others were images of the first. By studying them and their energy patterns I too picked up this ability, but as you can see it has been…developed somewhat further.” Replied Callisto, secretly revelling in Kelesk’s twisted, worried expression.

“Enough of this!” barked Kelesk, causing the rocks and trees to resound from the sound of his voice “Stop trying to make me look foolish! You die! Now!” All pretence of remaining dapper had vanished, now Kelesk was in the same situation as Callisto was previously, as he trembled with rage. His eyes glowed neon blue as he swooped at Callisto.

He breathed upon his arm, causing a sharp blade of ice to crystallize around it. He drew back and poured his strength into the attack, holding back nothing. He screamed in fury as he lunged, piercing Callisto in the shoulder above the heart. The red haired warrior released an anguished scream of pain as blood trickled down the ice and onto the green forest floor, staining it an unholy colour. “You may have got me, but you also allowed me the perfect window to get you. It was a small price to pay for what is to come.” Callisto had fallen backwards. Kelesk barely registered the words before the seven images of Callisto were upon him, weapons drawn.

Slash! Hack! The black blades danced as the Callisto doppelgangers unleashed their furious attacks, each one attacking then disappearing while another took his place before reappearing at a different point and attacking Kelesk again. The whirlwind of agony around the demon took it’s deathly toll as Kelesk was swept off the floor, barely reacting to one slash before being counter-balanced by another, a wheel of perpetual pain that didn’t even allow the victim the right to move. Kelesk’s mind was white, no thoughts could enter or leave his mind, and he was a blank slate being ripped asunder.

The images disappeared and Kelesk slumped to the floor, the true Callisto Devilreaver towering over him like an erupting volcano. He gripped the swords hilt firmly and narrowed his eyes. Kelesk saw just a scarlet shadow standing over him before Callisto brought the weapon down on the back of the phantom’s neck…

And all was dark once again.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This one is a truly tough call. Good job this time around Ravendust. Your post combined originality with alot of spirit. For all of kelesk's detail, he ruined his flow and lost the core spirit of his story from bad scene dissolves. Sadly, Ravendust did a similar disservice to himself by concentrating on the purloined character of Kaleth. It enabled him to make a somewhat cheap dissolve himself. I would have prefered a more orignal escape for Kaleth.

Ultimately, I will give this round to Ravendust with the hope that you will each improve your games:

Ravendust needs more detail.
Kelesk needs more soul in his story, and less dissolves to scenes outside of the immediate fight.

EDIT:

I have been asked by one of the participants to step down as referee, further, he has asked that my decision be re-evaluated. Some other referee will have to decide for this round and finish the bout if that is neccesary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom