open beta is not what I expected

Best answers
I am very disappointed with this beta... i know it's a beta but is very very beta to release the donwload...
i have downloaded the esf open beta christmas release and have thousands of bugs.

some of bugs:
*the voice of nº18 to attack with the destructo disc is of krilin.
*when doing an advanced melee.
*when goku jump, he shouts as if they had hit.
*captn ginyu didn't appeared.
*when gohan turn ss didn' do anithing...(not test the others characters)
*in the character selection don't appeared the names, and missing texts to the buttons.
*don't like the swoop because if you want stop you need to press the E or shift or wait to the character stop, and is very easy to do.

I acknowledge that it has good things, but is not what I expected...

is cuse me if this post didn't go here, and is cuse me my english...

with all due respect I know that it is not easy to make a video game, but just wanted to say what I felt the "new" esf.

Best answers
The open beta was never meant as a release that could be played competitively. It's just a dump of wherever we are at a certain month. So it is likely to be buggy and there is half-finished stuff everywhere. We will stop releasing open beta's (partly because it turns out to be quite some work to prepare for release, partly because lack of interest in the open beta from the community and partly because most team members felt more motivated when they could surprising the community with new content) after the next one, which should be slightly less buggy/unbalanced than the Christmas release.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's called Open Beta for a reason.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The open beta was never meant as a release that could be played competitively. It's just a dump of wherever we are at a certain month. So it is likely to be buggy and there is half-finished stuff everywhere. We will stop releasing open beta's (partly because it turns out to be quite some work to prepare for release, partly because lack of interest in the open beta from the community and partly because most team members felt more motivated when they could surprising the community with new content) after the next one, which should be slightly less buggy/unbalanced than the Christmas release.
It's cool with me that there are no more openbeta releases. Updates about new stuff are enough for me. :)

Best answers
first, i is cuse me for the title "open beta is not what we expected" ... the title was "open beta is not what i expected" i think.

harSens said:
thank you for that explain.

Gryph said:
It's called Open Beta for a reason.
i answer you with a quote
Phoenix said:
I am very disappointed with this beta... i know it's a beta
i wait for the next "release" (use this word because i don't know other... maybe download :p)

Best answers
ithink thay shuld leave the beta idiea and jest make 1.2 with new things..

mabye open beta with 1.2 swoop system.. thats wil be cool..

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF 1.3 it's freaking coool noobs just never seen the new stuff in the game

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ithink thay shuld leave the beta idiea and jest make 1.2 with new things..

mabye open beta with 1.2 swoop system.. thats wil be cool..
i know your new here but 1.3 is way better than 1.2 reason that is is because they have removed advanced melle constant swoop more transformation better models better gfx better animations 1.2=old 1.3 =better coz its new

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
The xmas release does suck imho.
Our current build is much more fun though :)

Best answers
first iam not so new as you think.. ithink 1.2 is the best version and just need some improvments.. thats all 1.3 gameplay is boring and slow..

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.3 is way better than 1.2.3 imo. But people have lack of INFO about it, unless you pay for that INFO ofcourse.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
... I'll answer all your questions for an xbox360 :D

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll answer your questions, AND give you the super secret Street Fighter characters that are in ESF for a PS3.

..wait I wasn't supposed to mention that.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
On a sidenote, shouldn't the current releases be calles alphas? IIRC beta builds are feature locked, but not always bug-free, while alpha build features are subject to change.

Back from the shadows
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
1.3 is way better than 1.2.3 imo. But people have lack of INFO about it, unless you pay for that INFO ofcourse.
Cmon dude lighten up.

ESF wont be done in about 5 years, and the next release is a no go either.

I got my info from a completely reliable source.. trust me :)

Hope I helped

<3

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Cmon dude lighten up.

ESF wont be done in about 5 years, and the next release is a no go either.

I got my info from a completely reliable source.. trust me :)

Hope I helped

<3
why am i so incredibly shure that esf will be relesed this year, if so, i am able to bet you this : if it dos get relesed, you will wait 3 weeks after the relese so you can download it, if i am wrong i will wait 3 weeks to download it, i feell 1.3 that close, you up for the chalange?

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
The xmas release does suck imho.
Our current build is much more fun though :)
8itchesZ. Give's us t3h beta's, nows, or the teddybear gets it! *points a kinfe at the teddybear*

But to stay on topic, seriously, I do not understand what the heck is so bad about swooping in Open Beta? I mean, what the hell, why do people think the whole Beta sucks? It's true that it has bugs, which is understandable, but considering all that it is done, I find it very fun to play. The new swooping system doesn't bother me at all, becouse after all, if the team is going to make a new beta, why wouldn't they revamp lot's of things, not just those that need a bit of fixing and twixing.

I also think that 1.3 is far from completed, speaking in terms of improvements, not the time of release. I only believe that people will need to get used to new things in the 1.3v. As far as I can remember from people's post's on this forums, when 1.2 first came out, which was supossed to be a huge jump from 1.1, atleast considering from what I've read from my resources, people didn't tend to like it at first, but later, they got used to it and it became quite fun and interactive over a certain period of time.

I strongly hold my faith with the ESF team, since I belive they know what they are doing and are taking alot of considerations from the community of this forum, as much as that may or may not be visible to our naked eyes.

Hail ESF team! Now give us a god damn stable release, will ya?! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom