Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Hey everyone,

I was hoping you guys could test something for me. It is quite easy and you don't have to do much at all. Some of you are having problems downloading from the FileFront/HL2Files website. Either too slow, or can't download at all. That is why I added the Open Beta on Crosus as well.

Now, first. I'd like you to download CrosuS. Once you done that, please launch it (let it update) and click on "click to login" and select "create account" inside the software.

Fill in all the needed info, and once you done that login and please go to this page, scroll down to the bottom and click on "Download". Your browser will give a message, and please do accept it. (Don't press cancel)

Crosus will now download the Open Beta which you can see from the new page called "Download Manager". If how ever you already have the Open Beta installed. It should say / tell that you are already up-to-date. Once a newer version of the Open Beta will be released, I'll add it onto CrosuS as well and it should only download the patched files. So CrosuS won't download the whole thing.

You don't have to worry about installing it. CrosuS will automatic download the files in to your steam/username/half-life folder. I also set CrosuS to ignore server.cfg, listenserver.cfg and config.cfg. (So it won't get overwritten in the future or if you already have it installed). Just make sure you should restart steam/crosus in order for the mods to be added in the mod list.

Regards,
Skyrider

~Gurbir~
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
downloading it now, I dont really play the open beta a whole lot but this seems like a good way to keep up-to-date, so I thought Id check it out :)

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
downloading it now, I dont really play the open beta a whole lot but this seems like a good way to keep up-to-date, so I thought Id check it out :)
The Open Beta is not the only Mod added through Crosus. There is tons of Command & Conquer Mods added, Half-Life 1 Mods and Half-Life 2 Modifications as well. CrosuS is one big software to downloads maps, mods, and free games and tools and keep them up-to-date if needed. Which, is very handy. In our case, CrosuS is also great to keep the Open Beta up-to-date.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Whats the diffence between this and svn or rsync?
Why not use them for open beta releases?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Whats the diffence between this and svn or rsync?
Why not use them for open beta releases?
What the difference is? SVN/Rsync will seriously rape the bandwidth if we'd use it for the public. Which is something we don't want. CrosuS is public and free, which you can use to easily download modifications/maps and to keep them up-to-date without any kind of problem. It is not so much trouble to test it out and see if you'd like it. CrosuS might be in beta stage, but it has been really improved the last weeks/months. It is really worth trying it out.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Ok i just wanted to know what the diffrence between those programs is.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Ah, you could say SVN/RSync and CrosuS are almost the same. It keeps your files up-to-date.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've never had a problem with filefront.

I just downloaded Crosus and installed. When I went to launch the application, it wouldn't start though. No error message or anything, nothing happens.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I've never had a problem with filefront.

I just downloaded Crosus and installed. When I went to launch the application, it wouldn't start though. No error message or anything, nothing happens.
If it doesn't launches, make sure you have Flash, Java, etc at the latest version. I had this at school once, but worked when I rebooted. Not sure what the problem was exactly. CrosuS is still in beta stage so problems may occur.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Alright i started downloading the open beta with it, to try the program.

Its a pretty good program, easy to use and the download speeds seem pretty good(although its a shame it doesnt actually write the download speed).

I also liked the fact that it lists my steam games and mods.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I see the message every time I turn off my browser and go back to this forum. Yes, I have my browser set to save cookies.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I see the message every time I turn off my browser and go back to this forum. Yes, I have my browser set to save cookies.
Very odd, but doesn't really matter. I'll remove the message tomorrow in the morning / afternoon.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
a decent little program.

it would've been great had it been accompanied by a new version of the beta.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey give us time, it should be coming soon enough :p

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
a decent little program.

it would've been great had it been accompanied by a new version of the beta.
Well, that is why I am testing it now! :D, if it works. I can use it for the new version as well.

Best answers
I'll try it.I am downloading CrosuS now.And yeah I have problems download from File Front.The files always stops while downloading(usually 20-30%)

EDIT: i have problems with CrosuS: downloads are stopping,sometimes too much slow donwloading and crushes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom