Oolong - The Master Character

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Before you think, I haven't gone crazy. This isn't a joke thread. It's kind of stupid I admit but (try to) take it seriously.

I was thinking of having Oolong (or Puar) as a character that acts a bit like Mokujin in Tekken, basically a character with random move sets. What happens is you start of as Oolong, and he has only Melee, starting powerlevel around...100 or something stupid.

You can trans once per minute, or will be forced to trans after 3 minutes, with a one minute wait before transforming again. His transformation is switching to one random character from the existing roster, with their PL, stats, moves etc. Any PL gained is cumlative, so if you trans into Frieza then Buu then back to Frieza, your PL will go 100 -> 750,000 -> 1,500,000 -> 1,500,000. If he transforms into someone/something that has enough PL to trans, he shapshifts into their transed form.

So effectivley you have every move at your disposal at some point. But you can also transform back into Oolong (back with no moves and low speed), so it's a double-edged sword.

Why the Master Character? Well, people can be good with one character, but how about someone confident in their abilities to fight with all characters, masters of every move? Or it could be used to even a fight between a n00b and a veteran. Finally, you'd be the only DBZ game with Oolong (or Puar) as a playable character.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
very interesting, would put a twist to the game. AND i think it would give terrain more of a point, since Oolong cant fly he can use the terrain to hide till he changes.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Umm...ok well I'll do as requested and try to take it seriously, Althought at first I did believe IceSilver posted this, i'll admit that you did a good job in presenting the idea. Well its unique, never been suggested before, and interesting to say the least, but basically for the one minute (or whatever) that you're Oolong you're pretty much a sitting duck, can't fly, so can't swoop, so can't even really melee (unless you walk up to a stationary opponent and right click) while in Oolong form theres pretty much nothing to do till you transform.
Also I'm not sure how difficult it would be to code this as you'd have to select a character at random and then load his/her trans models. Although perhaps this idea could work with the buddy system, Oolong with buddy Puar or maybe tack puar along with a Yamcha character and Oolong with a Master Roshi character (this idea probably won't be implemented if at all, till 1.4 so its possible to add them that way.)

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oolong VS goku = pure pwnage... lol no fair man..

meh i don't think its really true to the show, how many times did oolong and puar did something usefull in dbz?

but the idea isn't bad...

🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Well actually oloong saved the world. One of the villians (I think frieza probably not) was gooin to wish for eturnal life but as he did it the villian said I wish for then oloong jumpoed in and said; A GIANT PAIR OF UNDERWAIR

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Goteanks said:
Well actually oloong saved the world. One of the villians (I think frieza probably not) was gooin to wish for eturnal life but as he did it the villian said I wish for then oloong jumpoed in and said; A GIANT PAIR OF UNDERWAIR
That was dragonball -_- not dragonballZ...

heh, i never seen oolong save the world in DBZ :p

i would laugh if freeza would have killed him

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Goteanks said:
That wasn't Frieza, and it wasn't in DBZ. It was in DB, and a lot of things were different in DB. ;o

I like how you're taking his shape-shifting abilities to heart, but I'm not quite sure how well it'd work out in an actual game. People are just going to waste time and avoid you while you're transformed, wait until you turn back into Oolong, and bash you mercilessly while you can't do anything but run and hide.

Best answers
I'll bet 500.000$ that Oolong will not be in ESF...the reasons are simple he couldn't do melle or swoop...so youl just run around...and if u would transform into everyone i don't think that that will help u cuz u can't use there attacks or swoop since u cant as a Oolong wath will give him the Ky 2 swoop or to charge an attack a in a form?(the Team :p)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks for the feedback, it's nice to come back from work, have a beer and read how about how my suggestion doesn't suck too much. That much. A bit.

-RavenTrunks: Although I was meaning to say Oolong can fly (just so he isn't a target), you do raise an interesting point about terrain. Seeing as he would be vunerable in his natural state and players would probably spend their minute evasively. When I had the idea about Oolong it was that he would be able to fly, swoop and melee (not totally consistant with the show but hey, ESF isn't).

-Rocky87: You should know how much that hurts, comparing one of my suggestions to one of Icesilver's is like comparing the common cold to pancreatic cancer. It sucks, but it doesn't suck that much. And I didn't end with 'Thanks'. As I say above, Oolong is supposed to be able to fly, swoop and engage in both kinds of melee (not a whole lot of animations), just so he isn't a target. The buddy idea could work too, but if Oolong transed to his pig state then the player could switch to Roshi until the minute is up which is kinda unfair. It would work like normally transforming, Oolong has a short trans animation and then the game picks a character. Example: If he has 1,800,000PL on trans then Oolong transforms into Vegeta, but if he had 2,000,000PL then he would have transformed into SSJ Vegeta. I didn't think for a second that this would get into b1.3, but it would be nice to see it in a later version.

-J.P: I was waiting for this...and to tell you the truth there isn't really an answer. It was just a fun, DBZ way of implementing a random character that changes to a random character. The only times I can think Oolong or Puar were useful was when Oolong fought Goku at the start of DB and kept shapeshifting into huge monsters and robots, then ran off when the minute was wearing off. Or when he stole Pilafs wish. Or when they were getting seats at the World Tournaments. Anyway, thanks for the support.

-Goteanks: Yeah, he did that, it was Emperor Pilaf though, and he was going to wish to be king of the world (before Oolong stole the wish).

-DragonDude: Well, there's a 1/11 chance of you shapeshifting back to Oolong's normal form, so they can't ignore you for that long. If they run away when you're a character like Cell, and you run away when you're back to Oolong, nobody will attack anyone ever. If you attack as Oolong, you'll gain PL very fast due to the difference in PL's, and this earned PL is carried onto the next transformation so it's not all bad.

-EVIL_GOKU: When you transform into a character you get their attacks, I did say that. When Oolong transforms into a character he gets their PL (and thus ki too), so he would have enough to attack, fly and so forth, and Oolong's normal form can fly and swoop too (for balance). I really regret not mentioning that in the first place.

:D

Best answers
I'm really for this innovative idea.

If others disagree, I offer the answer I offer regarding most of my suggestions: make Oolong optional. Either have a command making him a "hidden" character or perhaps only allow him in certain game types.

Best answers
I dont think this is a good idea at all. I mean oolong is one of the weakest characters ever. Even if he could fly and use melee, how much damage do you think oolong at PL 100 could do to a SSJ PL 1,750,000 Goku? Besides you can already "shape-shift", If you die, Just chage characters and poof you too can become the master. The only "Just for fun" character that i think actually has the chance to make it in esf is Mr.Satan. Give him a Jet pack,A bazooka and a Pistol (Like in Ultimate Battle 22) and he can fight in a whole new way.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you die, Just chage characters and poof you too can become the master. The only "Just for fun" character that i think actually has the chance to make it in esf is Mr.Satan. Give him a Jet pack,A bazooka and a Pistol (Like in Ultimate Battle 22) and he can fight in a whole new way.
According to the show even a nuke couldn't hurt a ssj.... so a bazooka and pistol would be usefull...

Now if we put oolong in as a npc who is just running around scared, being able to kick him to death and shooting kamehameha on his head, then it would be great.

Best answers
Yes that was in Dragonball. It was Emperor Pilaf and Oolong wished for a pair of panties made of the finest material.

Back on topic: No, just, no. sorry - I doubt this will happen lol

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You also need to consider hp and speed. Making the Oolong guy slow and with 25hp basically makes it impossible to hit. Also if you shapeshift into say Buu and you get the 1,250,000pl, say for example you switch back to Oolong, is his pl still 1,250,000? then Oolong is pretty much only vulnerable at the start of the game and afterwards will dominate quite nicely (since his major weakness and the double edged sword is gone)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
cuz he's small you could have dodge instead of block, so he avoids all attacks if used like block >_<.... i dunno how well im explaining this but anyway >_>

I like the idea, i think it'd be an awesome character to put in, im all for it

Best answers
jp said:
According to the show even a nuke couldn't hurt a ssj.... so a bazooka and pistol would be usefull...
DBZ Budokai 3 - Dino whips (Any character) with its tail and takes off double the damage SSJ4 Gogeta could do in a punch...
DBZ Legacy of Goku 1 Goku can get beaten up by crabs... ¬_¬
Legacy of Goku 3 tanks robbers with poles and guns are well damageing enemys to SSJ2 Goku and Vegeta.

DBZ is not consistant...
So why should ESF be?

I think this is a brilliant Idea , I think if you can get the kind of dominance from haveing Buu's PL and Goku's attacks (as an example) Then you deserve to be pummled for a minuite before that...

2 thumbs up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rocky87 said:
If you shapeshift into say Buu and you get the 1,250,000pl, say for example you switch back to Oolong, is his pl still 1,250,000? Then Oolong is pretty much only vulnerable at the start of the game and afterwards will dominate quite nicely
That's the idea. But an Oolong with 1,250,000PL is still an Oolong. I was thinking maybe 50HP, speed of around 200 (to dodge attacks) and the melee is really just for defence while you protect yourself in that minute. You may get Buu's PL, you may get Gohan's. And saying he's only vunerable at the start is ridiculous, if he has a PL of 5,000,000 in Oolong form, he's still got small HP and one attack.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MajinDruu said:
DBZ Budokai 3 - Dino whips (Any character) with its tail and takes off double the damage SSJ4 Gogeta could do in a punch...
DBZ Legacy of Goku 1 Goku can get beaten up by crabs... ¬_¬
Legacy of Goku 3 tanks robbers with poles and guns are well damageing enemys to SSJ2 Goku and Vegeta.

DBZ is not consistant...
So why should ESF be?

I think this is a brilliant Idea , I think if you can get the kind of dominance from haveing Buu's PL and Goku's attacks (as an example) Then you deserve to be pummled for a minuite before that...

2 thumbs up.
Bleh, i just said that esf is trying to be true to the show...

If a crab can hurt goku in those games then they suck...

a crab.. sheesh.

I just don't like the idea, but if it might come in esf i hope its a choosable option..

a crab.. ... :rolleyes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh, didn't Oolong simply transform into a shape, but did not gain strength/ki? That's what I remember from the DB manga..

Best answers
jp said:
Bleh, i just said that esf is trying to be true to the show...

If a crab can hurt goku in those games then they suck...

a crab.. sheesh.

I just don't like the idea, but if it might come in esf i hope its a choosable option..

a crab.. ... :rolleyes:
Oh no these were LARGE crabs! Because Gohan had over fed them...
PLUS they were bad guys thus raiseing there power level to at least 6 times that of any normal humen , To be true to DBZ

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom