Only in Taiwan

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Growler said:
If they were really glowing in the dark, those pigs would not have the types of shadows that they have now. It's just a green light
It's really not a stretch to have glowing pigs. When studying the effect of an artificially activated or deactivated gene or set of genes, a molecular biologist will often transfer another gene that helps to report whether or not the transgene was accepted. Often, it's in the form of a gene that codes for a GPCR (a G-Protein-Coupled Receptor, which is a general family of chemical receptors found on the surface of the cell) from jellyfish, as described in the article. I've already been exposed to glowing fruit flies and glowing rats - why not have glowing pigs, as well? Heh...they can even select, to an extent, what colour they want the transgenetic animal to glow. My prof was vouching for GPCR-generated tattoos :p

EDIT - after reading my post over, I felt the need to include this:

^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks like a big flewk, [cough] phosphorus [/cough]...ahemmm...Something you have to see in person to believe.

Best answers
But they could have stuffed a fluorescent light into the pigs body Enix :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Once they test it on humans, I wanna glow red :X

Best answers
Cool, wasting more tax payers money on pointless experiments that dont need to be done. Kickass, a green pig with flourescent lighting, cant beat that.

But there is one positive note, its all for stem cell research. Yet another thing I support. (sarcasm) But I dont give a rats ass, since its the Koreans money, not mine.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If it WAS my money, I'd research how to make pigs walk on two feet and uphold the law...Wait.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i love how hardly anyone looks past the basic facts =/

if you read, they said that in order for it to glow green, a blue light needed to be shined on them. in which case there WOULD be shadowing.

on top of that, it was so that if they introduced the cells to another organism, they would be able to monitor any progress without biopsy, or other invasive techniques. so its a pretty cool idea.

anyone who is against stem cell research really needs to look at the full facts. if a baby is gonna die anyway, then wheres the problem in using its stem cells for something productive, like curing nural desieses?

Best answers
hm, i suppose no one read the full **** except for me.. and axman. ther'es an explanation for that..

Best answers
well as a republican and a catholic Im against abortion. But lets get off this topic anyway, I dont want a warning for starting a flame war on abortion.

And I meant Taiwan not Korea (Im talking about my first post in this thread)

So agreed? I never said a thing about abortion, and no one brings that topic up again?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
As a Democrat and an Agnostic, I'm all for Abortion, it's the woman's right to chose and before 3 months the thing isn't even alive......hahahaha, big lols....made me smile :).

Green Pigs.....imagine....now all we need are green chickens and we can really have Green Eggs and Ham!!!!! Dr. Suess's world is coming alive before my very eyes O_O.

Best answers
heh, that was on TV here yesterday. According to them the organs and all the other stuff inside them is green as well o_O.o_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom