Online college courses?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yo, to make this short, I'm considering taking a history course online instead of in person. The course is also offered in classrooms, but theres only one timeslot I can take it in and I'd rather not take the course during the time offered.

Have any of you taken online courses? You recommend them? Not recommended?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i havent taken them (not college courses) but i know how they work. if your motivated too, i would do it. its alot less painful and you get the same benefit. really helped me out in high school.

seriously, i wouldnt of been able to graduate if my school didnt have an online program.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I took an online class that basically taught me how to make a website (it was literally called Web Art, since I'm in an art school they think it necessary to make us actually be artistic even though I just want to make video games for a living) and it was pretty good. As long as you're competent and you have a competent teacher who actually utilizes whatever method you obtain the information from in a good way then you should be fine.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There were a few semesters where I took a few D/E (distance-ed) courses to free up time during the week by having only four in class lectures, but I found I had to be very disciplined about doing the work/staying on top of the reading, because I was basically teaching myself.

Best answers
Yeah Opti is right, they are great because you don't have to attend regularly and are somewhat on your own schedule. I did this once or twice in college, however I didn't do so well because I would simply forget about the class and never turn my **** in on time.

So if you are the type who won't forget about it, I say go for it, if not you'd better steer clear.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You need to be focused on what you're doing otherwise you won't do anything :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Discipline is the answer to your question. If you are sure that you can make your own schedule and keep to it. Go for it, it will save you a lot of problems and time (you'll have more time to do other things.) But be disciplined. If you are a person who gets easily distracted ("Hmmm, just one more post on the forums before I begin. Oh wait, I also need to do this...and that. Hmm, cookies!") Don't even think about it then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom