One time only thing! Force pit content released!

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Banned from FP. Hope you have 5bux

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can...Can you overmine authority? That'd be boss.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We did this already. Damaera got upset without even reading the topic to know it was a joke.

Good times.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So, how did you guys get into the Force Pit? Donate or Contest?

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I got in for free because I'm loved <3

Prozac said:
The purpose of this thread is to undermine authority!
You know that's impossible, McPhail.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I had to do things that I'm not proud of, that have only recently been considered legal I believe

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So, how did you guys get into the Force Pit? Donate or Contest?
I donated.

Truth be told, there's not really much to the FP. If someone wants to donate, they should do it for the sake of wanting to contribute a little to the ESF team, not to get any special perks.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea. I already know what the Force Pit is and all. Some people keep telling me its pretty much a joke... but I dont see that.. I would help the ESF Community if I could. It seems like its dying slowly and that makes me abit sad... This is the game that got me into modding... and it all started about 5 years ago because I got bored and decided to join a Yahoo chat.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In all honesty, donating money to the ESF team just to get into the Force Pit is a self-defeating practice. But, for a lot of people, as soon as money comes into the mix, they're going to expect big things (even if it is only $5). It'd be like donating that $75 to PBS just to get your coffee mug and a calendar with Yanni's picture on it and expecting the picture to come to life and start serenading you with soothing, non-objectionable, new-age piano music. It's just not going to happen, and you know that you could have gotten a coffee mug and a calendar for a fraction of the price elsewhere.

When it started, I thought that the FP was a nice gesture - the extra screenies, videos, and longer leash were all good things to have on hand on only helped to increase the hype for upcoming releases. It's hard to get that effect these days when the community is so small and, indeed, almost every active member has access to the FP in one way or another. Calling it a "joke", though, shows that someone is short-sighted and selfish. There's only so much you can give back to such a tight community as a thank you that won't deplete the money you just got as a donation.

Like Sub just said now (and several times in the past), you should choose to donate because you want to help the team out, not because you're expecting a statue erected in your honor.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea. Does ESF have a donation place?

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I was going to direct you to your UserCP, but I just checked the "Force Pit Information" thread, and it looks like Sky has changed things around a bit... and it will exclude some people (read: most non-subscribed people) from getting in, regrettably:

Force Pit Information Thread said:
The only way to gain access is to contribute something to the ESF community. Basically that means you have to win a Forum Competition. Those are usually pretty tough, and only one winner can be chosen for each competition. It is no longer possible to donate your way in to the Force Pit.
Sorry. I didn't even know that things had changed in there. I would have thought such a major change would have been more apparent.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I read that already... but is there a place to donate still is all I want to know.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It doesn't look like that's the case. The Force Pit, as far as I'm aware, was the only method of donation available. I don't think there's anywhere or any way else you can donate (or, more appropriately, could have donated).

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We did this already. Damaera got upset without even reading the topic to know it was a joke.

Good times.
And the part where you put my thread in your sig and you almost had your access removed?

Good times, indeed.

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers
I'm a mother ****ing genius. You see, by making a completely pointless thread, have thus just promoted the force pit. I'm awesome. Can I be the new PR guy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom