One Season Wonders - If only they'd come back...

Undergrads or Mission Hill?

• Undergrads

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Mission Hill

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
Best answers
A couple of years back, there were 4 sitcoms which began airing together at the same time on a local TV station. Unfortunately for those who liked the the series in mind, they didn't gain mass popularity and got cancelled instead. Quads went on for a second season and the other three got the axe -- though Quads wasn't very good IMHO.

The four shows that I make reference to are:
-Undergrads (DVD in case you wanted to collect the series)
-Mission Hill (DVD in case you wanted to collect the series)
-John Calahan's Quads (bleah...)
-???? (can't remember the title at all)

But I don't much care for Quads or the other (unnamed) show. Undergrads and Mission Hill were excellently witty and in some ways their humor was ahead of their time -- while sticking to something camp and at the same time mundane so that anyone can connect with it (all the while remaining a PG rated TV series!).

I remember an episode of Mission Hill made to emulate EverQuest where one character was being attacked in the video game, and in his panic actually ran out of the room to try and avoid being ransacked. I couldn't help but grin when I first saw this, because at the time I was playing MMOs still, and I found it to be pretty amusing.

So, down to the real question... Which would you rather see back in circulation?

EDIT: I found out, the fourth show was Clone High... Meh...

Best answers
When were these shows played, and on what channel? Because I dont remember any of them, nor have i even heard of them.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Undergrads was incredible, Cal Evans was hilarious.

Best answers
When were these shows played, and on what channel? Because I dont remember any of them, nor have i even heard of them.
MTV (America), Comedy Central (USA), Teletoon (Canada), Decode (Unsure), Trouble (UK)... And they were aired in the 2001-2005 periods.

Undergrads was incredible, Cal Evans was hilarious.
Let's not forget about Rocko's homophobia! :laff:

I liked She Prime (Tabitha), but, she was in so very few episodes (two by my recollection).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've seen Undergreads, and that show kicked ass, but the rest I have never heard of.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Of the ones you've listed, all I saw was Mission Hill. There's a certain douche-face on this forum who says I remind him a lot of Jim.

In any case, I'd love to see it be continued though I understand that it will never be :(. With the current Real World taking place in Denver, I almost feel the need to emulate a certain episode of Mission Hill, except I'm not that impressionable :x

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Of the ones you've listed, all I saw was Mission Hill. There's a certain douche-face on this forum who says I remind him a lot of Jim.

In any case, I'd love to see it be continued though I understand that it will never be :(. With the current Real World taking place in Denver, I almost feel the need to emulate a certain episode of Mission Hill, except I'm not that impressionable :x
when you had your old goatee you looked alot like jim and you know it!

I loved mission hill.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kruger for the ****EN WIN!

KyoKusanagi

K
Not a sitcom but its along the lines of a one season wonder - Firefly.

At least a movie came out of it though :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only one i've heard of was Clone High, which was ****ing awesome. I bought the DVD off eBay. Apparently it got cancelled because the portrayal of Ghandi was offensive o_O

Best answers
The only one i've heard of was Clone High, which was ****ing awesome. I bought the DVD off eBay. Apparently it got cancelled because the portrayal of Ghandi was offensive o_O
i like clone high, Ghandi's music video was funny.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
def mission hill

it's a one season wondeR? thought there was at least another 1 or 2 seasons :0

Best answers
Unfortunately not... >.>

Imdb has it slated as 1 season, from 2000 to 2001, and amazon.com is selling the complete series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom