One Piece Manga

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The animated version is 10000000000000000000000000000x better. What I did was get all caught up with the anime and then picked up the manga.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Okay, so Kain got me into watching this anime. Keep spoilers tagged or I'll rape you. !_!
Haha, seeing this post from August 2009, when you started watching OP and the fact, that you now even have an OP avatar + signature is kinda funny.

btw. the latest chapters were sick....And an epic fail to rescue Ace >_______<"

and i want to say 1 thing: "**** YOU TEACH!"

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I still just can't see the appeal in One Piece. If you're Japanese and twelve years old, sure, but otherwise, what the hell? It's about a rubber pirate. Does that sound even remotely exciting to you? Nor I, so what gives? At least Naruto and Bleach can have some pretty dark themes at times, and the action isn't completely stupid. This seems to appeal solely to pubescent children. At several points during my time reading the manga, I came across some of the dumbest ideas for characters I've ever seen:

• Some dude who was stuck in a box so long that his body became infused with the box.
  • A pirate chef with a peg leg who kicks people, and that's all he can do.
  • A guy who uses three swords. Yes, you read that correctly, and no, there's nothing dirty about it. He wields a third sword in a mouth. Not only is this wildly inefficient, I remember the story behind his retarded decision to do so being completely irrational.
  • Another pirate chef who's pretty much useless, but aspires to find the ultimate ingredient for his something-something, I forget.
  • Did I mention the rubber pirate... who can't swim?
Come to think of it, I've never seen an adult on any anime website who actually likes One Piece. At Anime-Planet, 14% of the 20,669 people who've checked out one piece decided it was crap and dropped it, while 7% simply refused to ever watch it. Another 14% are currently deciding whether they want to continue watching it or not. Probably not. This means it's split about 60/40, with the major 60% probably being under the age of sixteen.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dunno, I really like it. Kain told me to at least watch it until episode 130, and that's what I did exactly. I loved it so much that I continued. The first saga is so-so, it's just an introduction to the series and is nothing compared to the rest of the saga's. They fight against some crazy mother ****ers and get in insane fights.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Granted, One Piece is very strange in terms of characters, but it makes sense. They deviate from the "norms" of having specific archetypes, thus creating variety among mangas similar to it. The "rubber" and "no swimming" concepts are explained later on in the manga. A lot of it is pretty original and downright good, but then again, this is not a manga that is aimed for adults as much as it is aimed for teens/preteens, as far as I can tell. Personally I gave up on this manga when they started making the confusing latest arc, where everybody seems to be enjoying suicide.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Really good chapter this week, a ton of **** happened. Can't wait for next weeks episode! XD

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not at the end of the anime yet, but the manga is pretty ****ing awesome, so yes it is worth reading.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
More people need to read this sssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Only thing I hate about One Piece is the overuse of flashbacks. They're far too common and pretty damn predictable.

This one will end with the third boy dying or otherwise being unable to continue adventuring with Ace and Luffy, Ace will set out on his own as a pirate with some awesome super bond with Luffy, his only remaining brother and Luffy will eventually set sail on his own. The series needs to recollect itself and have the straw hats reform as a team, it's been far too long without Zoro.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

ITS A WILD KUMA!!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, the flashback is over.

However Luffy turning into a complete pussy is a little bit ****. Hopefully he wises up soon.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know most of you here don't actually read One Piece, but HOLY **** IT'S BEEN 4 WEEKS AND IT'S FINALLY BACK!

Pretty damn awesome chapter, I was expecting a time skip and the crew all look like they've changed quite a bit. Luffy has a massive scar on his chest, Nami grew her hair (and a cup size...). So good, can't wait to read next week's chapter.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well, last time i saw a episode of OP, it was the end of Sky Island. Then a week ago, i started at that point and watched further. It's gettin interessting. Now im at Episode 383.
But now to my question. How much further does the Manga go?. I read something about that the Strawhat's split up, and promised to reunite after 2years ?
Why did they do that? Im a bit confused after i read that stuff.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
You wouldn't want to wait & see it in Anime ? You have like 80+ eps to go :p God I miss those time when I watched 10 eps of OP per day :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You wouldn't want to wait & see it in Anime ? You have like 80+ eps to go :p God I miss those time when I watched 10 eps of OP per day :(
Haha yeah that was me not too long ago. Good times!

Also @ Sakujo - I would tell you, but it'd ruin a really good part of the story, basically they didn't choose to split up, certain events took place and they were forced apart, and as a result they all came to the conclusion that they needed to get stronger before they met again.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MAN THAT LATEST CHAPTER WAS BANGINNNNNNNNNNN.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ehhhh, I wouldn't describe it as banging, was pretty good, but was hoping that Franky would've rebuilt Kuma into the 10th Straw Hat, that would've been banging.

Although the origins of the straw hat coming from Roger was pretty kick-ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom