Best answers
um i just made this today. comment sand critz plz

tools used:
3ds max
photoshop

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That wallpaper is incredible. I love it.

/me has a visual orgasm

Best answers
Not too shabby. The colors and placement are well thought out. You need to work on your cutouts though, the right foot on that Armored Core has some detail on the back that you kind of glazed over. The concept for that makeshift "DOS shell" interface thing you got going is there, but the design is a little odd. I don't believe that anyone, even in the distant future, would design a OS window like yours. Perhaps it's a wee bit too complex. I also think that you should give some thought to the text inside the box. If say, you were running a simple command based operating system, what would a series of commands and responses look like? What would the syntax be? Repeating the same text over and over, especially within the same window at different sizes appears a little sloppy. Does a command shell do that? Typically it would all be on one layer in one window. Perhaps error messages would pop up on a separate window. Which I think would make more sense for a message like "system error." Think of it this way, if you want it to look like a system readout, make it look like a system readout.

Best answers
**** man! Did you model that robot? If you did, we need you over in the models/skins forum.. I swear, if some of these art people would help on some of that stuff... those models would kick your ass to hell and back

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
my goal in life is to be able to model the type of robots that are in armored core, so to answer your question nope i didnt model it. my modeling skills pertain to very cartoony models.

as for mr domino i didnt make a bunch of sperate windows because it would be to cluttered i had though of that though. and i did the repeating text to go with the whole malfunction theme. and thanks for the indepth crit. and yes the cut out is ruff only because it was on a all black background and u couldnt see where the detail actually ened but i think i did an ok job aside from the feet

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nice!
the bg isnt something hard to do,but that img, its very nice, and makes the whole wp alot better.
the gray bar, its doesnt belong there, u could try putting something else there...but not that,

Best answers
image is the only thing going for it right now...those windows would bug the hell out of me if i had that on my computer.

It wouldnt look right.. =/

The background is real sloppy, you can see the filters etc so easily and that makes it look sloppy. The edges of it are very blurred and coarse..not smooth, making a rough effect, and NOT futuristic.

I love armored core, one of the coolest games around for the ps and ps2...but I just dont get the feel of armored core.

Btw, that blurred logo bugs the hell out of me. If I had a wallpaper, that would annoy me.

Most people's resolution nowadays is 1024x768...is that the resolution? If it's 800x600, then you'll get more requests for new sizes more than anything if you get good responses.

Also, the images in the background are images of armored core, try to change the color of them to fully blue, because the red stripes on the bionic arms collide with your background. And I must be blind, but you say you used 3ds max? Can yah point out where I am missing the 3d objects?

Hope this helps.

Best answers
Awesome, two thumbs up. :yes: :yes:
Just one question I really like the Bg how did you make it? looks like somthing with a radial blur.

Best answers
woot go "SYTEM ERROR"!

might want to fix that ......unless its suppost to be like that o_O

but it looks good

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
time if u notice the whole bg is 3ds max. u must be blind. that whole background is one very big render then it was radial blured. i didnt turn the other acs vcompletely blue because then u wouldnt be able to see it. it would blend to much with bg. and as for the u being able to see to see the blurs and what not, ive noticed that different monitors will react differently to the same image. i have a regular monitor, but when ever i see some stuff on flat screens they usually turn out brighter and reveal alot of pixels that normally wouldnt be shown. for some reaosns flat screens will show pixels even on the smoothest images. but i will agreen with u on the logo i messed up on the color and opacity. as for the windows they need to be there. if they werent it would be another unorginal wallpaper with an image slapped on it.

Best answers
I am somewhat blind actually...I wear contacts..but they correct my vision to 20/15....

And the reason why flat screens do that, is because they have high resolution...I have my screen set very high and there is nothing wrong with the pixels...the reason why it looks that way is because you applied maybe 5 or less blurs and that makes it look coarse, you need to blur it way more to rid the image of those pixel spacings....I work with video and digital images alot..trust me ;)

Just those windows...they bug the living crap out of me..lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom