One hand block

Best answers
Here's another suggestion: When you and your opponent swoop at each other and use the punch (Secondary button), you would block each other like this:

Then you both get arrows and the winner knocks back the opponent and does damage to him!
So what do you think?

Best answers
alotta better! ^^ the thing u have now when u do melee to each pthers sux! :D this is much much more better ^^

Best answers
Technically it's not considered blocking. I believe your idea is something to really consider.

Best answers
good idea shadershi i requested this b4 but in adv melee tho where if u both hit the same button u do wut cell and gohan were doin for a while where their punshes canceled each other out.

but this is a good idea the head on thing can get so annoying this would add a little more spice to it

Best answers
I'm glad you like it. This idea should be called punch struggle :)

Best answers
Maybe you should consider if the Engine can handle that kind of manouvre, but else a good idea :)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well , if i am correct , one handed blocks are gonna be in 1.3 for ginyu (from one of those potw images , but that's for beams) not sure about other charcters though , might just be a animation of darktooth's for all

good idea though , just wondering though if it would be hard to code or if the code would be unstable (but maybe it could opearate in the same sence as ps code , but obvisouly the code for beams and melee is different if i am not mistaken) ofcourse i don't work for esf , but it's just a guess

Best answers
But if they could jump from esf 1.1 simple melee to esf 1.2 advanced melee, that means that it could be possible. I would like to have a word from esf-team about this :) Oh, and let's call it Melee struggle.

Best answers
I like it.. but i don't think the arrows should pop up..
I mean, we allready get that when we head on without basic melee.. it would mean that we always get a melee struggle when we head on.. would make things too slow IMO..:tired:

If the punches would just cancel each other out, followed by a 1 second pause ( :warning: during wich you can't move :warning: ) with the characters in the stance like in the pic.. (fists together)
After that, you regain control, but you can't basic melee for 0.5-1 seconds.. (to prevent abuse, so you can't just hit basic melee again, and things won't turn into a button mashing contest :S )
No damage would be dealt..

This would certainly speed things up a bit, and would add to the dbz feeling..
Remember when in the show they would teleport all over the place, hitting each other without much effect..

Perhaps there could even be a transformation side to this idea..
If someone is in a higher form than you (example freeza vs SSJ goku) they regain control of their charachter sooner... perhaps the ability too basic melee again a bit sooner too.. (don't know if this would work, balance wise..)
The higher form character would deal a lil' bit of damage to his opponent as well..

Imagine doing a head on like that, and your opponent teleports away before you can even move, leaving only an after image.. :)

Anywayz.. i do agree that the current knockback effect when having a basic melee head-on is kinda lame.. ;/

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
With Source engine ( not the HL2 one, the HL1 one - Source engine was still experimental at the time they released HL1, and they decided to use half of Source engine and half of quake2 engine ) you CAN do that.

HL engine ( Source engine ) is capable of doing that kinda stuff. So almost everything is possible to do with HL engine.

Best answers
This can be done with the HL1 engine.. i am sure of it..
Just like the way they can make the characters stand still with their hands against each other's when melee struggling..
so engine capabilities are not an issue here...

It's just a matter of coding, and a new animation..
And of course if the team wants this in 1.3 or not.. :]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom