On the Melee In 1.2

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How many people do you have to offend before you can sleep at night? I've heard more than enough of your ****. You never gave me a time or a place to meet you in the other thread so I assume you are full of hot air. The only reason you're posting is to piss other people off, and I'm offended by it, so please cut that **** out. Try constructive criticism, not destructive. Melee requires plenty of work as it is. The only thing wrong so far is the block countering issue which is being hammered out. The head on collisions are already fixed. Simple melee shall live another day, whether you like it or not.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
But joe have you allready begon working on the new melee system or are you gonna do that when 1.1 is released?

Can`t wait for 1.2 cause melee rulezzzz!:devgrin:

Best answers
Guys, this is not the place to be agruing about that, you will get the thread closed if you continue like this, although i do agree with sonic. If you want to argue plz do it in private messages, cuz this is actually quite a good thread.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Pcjoe
Okay, acouple things...
1) We know some of you do love the current melee system, so we are (planned awhile ago) making a server option to choose between simple + advanced melee.
2) What do you guys call a "dmz system", im not getting what you guys are talking about.
3) We arnt showing you guys the melee system for acouple reasons
------a) It took us several months to plan out
------b) We dont want anyone stealing the idea
4) If it sucks, we will change it so it doesnt suck :) The last thing we need is you guys giving us all hell about it after we break our ass over it :p
5) The write out is pretty advanced, most of you guys probably wouldnt even understand it, or just think its too complex.
6) Beta 1.2 wont take a rediculous amount of time, its only a melee system.

Also, the main reason for this new melee system is because we want something that takes longer then 12 hours to master. We want a real melee system were you learn techniques as you go on, melee powerstruggling, slams, punches, kicks, and all of the other DBZ goodies.

Oh yeah, i would also like to note that the beta 1.2's melee system is still in the planning phases. We will start working on it the day after beta 1.1 releases(beta 1.1 release day = Party time).
And i think that should be it... I think you guys will like it, my personal goal is to make it feel like real DBZ melee, and give the user as much control as possible.
Well, by a DMZ melee system, we mean in reference to DragonMod Z's, which does not feel very good. Clicking results in a series of different animations for punches and kicks...it's pretty much a more animated version of ESF's old stuff, cept the controls are different. Left Click is punch, Right Click is kick, and you have a whole separate button to fire ki blasts. The melee in the game is weak, and most players just spam the ki blasts or bound move keys.

Although, after reading your post, I'm sure you have a much better idea. You may want to get it and try playing it, if you haven't already, just to get an idea of what NOT to do...like they have this "feature" where you get knocked out and can't move...and if someone hits you while you are knocked out, it actually EXTENDS the amount of time your knocked out until eventually you just die.

As far as you not wanting anyone to steal the idea, that is cool man. Cause that means it must be way better then all the other ones out there. Hehe.

And with the server option in there, we have maximum flexibility. Heh. I've taken a lot of college courses on design and stuff, flexibility is the most important thing for users. Almost never take an option away, it will almost always get someone bent. hehe.

Well Joe, looks like you've got everything under control, so I guess I was worried for nothing. Carry on!

Best answers
Originally posted by Pcjoe

5) The write out is pretty advanced, most of you guys probably wouldnt even understand it, or just think its too complex.
And i think that should be it... I think you guys will like it, my personal goal is to make it feel like real DBZ melee, and give the user as much control as possible. [/b]

WTF, of course i want a writeout so i can see all the pros and cons (i dont like your attitude btw)

and i think its nice to give the user as much control as possible

Best answers
Hehehe, i agree, u just dont want to spoil the fun for us :)

Like your doing with trunks sword, heheheh, but its cool, so long as the new melee system is good i dont really mind :)

Best answers
Originally posted by Duece
"made an option, but that'd be ideal. "Simple Melee" or "Advanced Melee" in the server options"

I dont think it would be absurd to ask for this... we can ask nicely it would be up to them, I dont like this melee much, I never sucked at it but its too dry and i like to be soaked...
Same here its the only reason I stoped playing beta 1.0

I hope the new melee system is simlar to zone of the ender''s 2's melee system cause with a few changes that kind of melee system willl kick complete ass if you ask me :cool: I mean feel free to get some influences from that game ;P especially the grabbing and spinning your victim around like crazy and throwing them around thing :laff: .

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Zilea
im a block whore because if you remember, all u were doing was melee, duh

i HAD to block, teleporting is *** because after a few teleports of trying to get out of the way,i run out of ki

Anyway it worked

I hate melee whores

Melee in ESF blows
Kid, you are seroiusly asking for it.

Best answers
Hahahah, after i just got my ass given to me on a plate i feel like he does, but i still love melee :p And yeah, he is asking for it, kick his ass :) :) :) :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kick his ass, Joe. That kid's an ass. Give me a time and place and I'll be glad to spectate. :0)

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So now people are seeing why I was pissed off? Well better late than never. He is mine long before he is any of yours. Mr. "How about I beat your face in with a baseball bat" deserves some intimate mono a mono beat down. Obviously I'm still a little uppity about it.

On topic though I'm tellin' ya it's wiser not to ask too many questions. The one is greater than the sum of its parts, remember, so just because you don't like one thing he says doesn't mean it wont work out in the final version when it is all working at the same time. If he tries to explain it now there will be no end to the *****ing and moaning until it comes out, so it's better he just hints at it.

Best answers
lol sounds like a frustrated newbie to me... i'd be glad to spectate as well ;)

Best answers
Originally posted by Sonic Boyster

On topic though I'm tellin' ya it's wiser not to ask too many questions. The one is greater than the sum of its parts, remember, so just because you don't like one thing he says doesn't mean it wont work out in the final version when it is all working at the same time. If he tries to explain it now there will be no end to the *****ing and moaning until it comes out, so it's better he just hints at it.
That's true, me myself I would like to know more about what they have planed, so that maybe I can maybe give some helpfull suggestions here and there. In any case no matter what you do people will complain. :rolleyes:

Best answers
im 22, don't call me a kid seeing as i'm probably older than all of you

bow to the master

i'll play you 1on1 Sonic

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Keep the off-to-the side posts to a lower level gents, I want to keep this thread open.

On the topic of the new melee system, I think it'll be great to have a more involved system. It will add a great aspect to the game, and it will alter the way the game flows, I believe. With a more involved system, there is probably going to be beams used a little more in addition to melee (for those who want death now, technique later). I can't wait!

Best answers
but everyone does realise that once the new melee system is out there will be a lot of "omg the new melee sucks" threads cuz ppl wont be able to use it correctly. it could be a totaly perfect system with no flaws at all (which i'm sure it will be) and ppl will still ***** and whine about how crap or hard it is

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Zilea
im 22, don't call me a kid seeing as i'm probably older than all of you

bow to the master

i'll play you 1on1 Sonic

seeing how joe is the person who makes the mod and made melee i think he has every right to call u a kid

Best answers
hmm.. an objective analysis.. but:
what about respecting your elders?

Best answers
zilea here just a lil tip for you. never try and pick fights with ppl that are more powerful. its like going up to a 6"6 300lbs boxer and tellhing him you ****ed his mum last night. its just stupid. in this case hibiki and pcjoe are stronger so just let it go man. lets keep this back on topic

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom