OMG YOU MODEL RIPPER?

RagnarokDBZSRPG

R
Yes I am from DBZ Supreme RPG.

I was pondering around the Supreme Forums and I noticed an large thread about us stealing models from your Little Project. ESF I think it is? The half life mod. Well I wouldn't even be posting here if you guys didn't have your uhhh, people posting our forum. One of your lackies stuck out among the rest. I think it was Inko? Not sure but he was probably the most unintelligent person, I have ever seen post on a forum. I don't even know how he knows how to register on a forum. Anyways, cutting to the chase.

You think we stole models from your Project. Could be... But why jump to conclusion? You sound like kids that grew up fighting over the last piece of bread to be honest. I don't know why you posted like that in our forums, rather than negotiate and try to ask simply are the models ripped?

As far as I know, your models look exactly 2 of our models. You claimed that Piccolo, Vegeta and another model looked identical to ours, but there are far too many differences to "Sew" Hexen as Inko told. Inko said HexenLordX could get sewed, true, your project was copyrighted, but that'd actually take some proof. Not some printed images off your computer.

The 2 models that looked like ours were Goku and Shenron. Undeniably Shenron was the exact model that was used on ESF, there are so many flaws in the model, like the floating spikes, Ours had the same flaws, that's impossible. Also the Goku, was close to being the same. But the Goku model is set up for public download on another site, so Hexen did not rip this model, someone else is responsible for this. And yes it is completely legal to download a public file. So really the only model you guys should be whining about is the Shenron. It is the same, and we also said we would give you credit for it, if it made you be quiet. I never have met a bunch of fools who whined SO much just about a model. The rest of our models, have been produced by HexenLordX, and are being animated by Lacrosse Titans, and then being skinned by FinalTyrant.

Also I seriously find it extremely hard to believe that a Half Life model, would ever come close to fitting in a Warcraft 3 Map. You could resize it true, but the polys, size, would still be extremely large. If you had a half life model that could actually fit in a warcraft map and not lag the hell out of it, then it is an extremely Poor Model.

So go ahead, try to sew HexenLordX, oh wait... Wow, you don't even know his name, so I find it pretty hard to sew someone that is in an unknown location and with an unknown name. Also Inko said 1000-5000 Dollars. That's false information, he's pulling that out of his brainless ass. Your talking about a computer file that took about 2 hours to make at the most (Shenron).

So, anyways, sure you can delete/ignore/whatever this message.

Oh, BTW

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this BB. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this BB.

This is what you "Agree" to when you register on our forums.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

Your information was inaccurate and not proven. There are laws of the internet too, and you have agreed not to post anything as of above. You have broken that law, therefore if anyone is going to be sewing anyone, he will be sewing you.

Also I may point this out, I already know that that message says not to post and copyrighted material. He posted screen shots, he never posted the file. Therefore I may conclude this large post.

Thanks, -Ragnarok

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the lacky would be inxomaniac, who is stupid cos we already said not to get involved, im about to talk to hexen on aim to sort this all out.

please, we want no hostilities. and we will give none.

RagnarokDBZSRPG

R
This is the kind of reply I am looking for. It's too early to accuse anyone of anything yet, and you are all jumping to conclusions. I hope to see more posts like this one. As far as anyone knows, the Shenron and the Goku model could have both been put up for public download. Which no one will ever be able to prove where anyone got anything. Thus, the reason I found it silly that the one guy said Hexen could get sewed.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm going to make some things very clear to you, sir, before I close this thread.

First, you have no right to barge in here and insult the entire forum community based on the actions of a select group of people.

Second, you are assuming that the people who registered on your forums were liasons sent by the ESF development team, which couldn't be farther from the truth.

Lastly, you are not exempt from our rules. I don't care if you never intend to post here again, but I will not permit you to waltz in and begin insulting people, particularly when the majority of the people here aren't at all aware of what went on.

I understand that it must be frustrating to have such accusations made forcefully over on your forums - I have been a part of mediating a lot of "ripping" claims, myself, in my 3 years with these forums. However, I ask that you not strike such a tone in here. If you must, contact the people who have bothered you on your forums in private - the people who weren't involved don't deserve to be called down by you.

I apologize for any disruptions made, but we can only set the rules on what happens here - we have no pull on what happens on your forums.

RagnarokDBZSRPG

R
Understandable, though I only insulted one person, and this does not compare to what your members have done to our boards. Once again you guys give no chance for anyone to explain or talk anything out. You immediately are closing this thread for no reason whatsoever. If this is how we are going work this out then forget it, We'll use whatever models we need to make our project. BtW I did play ESF, it was a good game, I thought the staff/makers had the decency to hear someone out rather accuse someone of ripping models and then give them no chance to speak. It was a well thought out half life mod.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just because people found out about your project and people think you stole esf models, doesn't mean that the esf team, sent out those people to flame your forums. Your acting as if that's what the entire esf community is like. Well that's just being stereotypic. When the ESF team says a flaming post like you have made, that is when you can become hostile. The esf team has even said for the members not to get involved.

If they wanted something done they can do it themselves they don't need us. Besides, what can they do? sue you? I think not.

PS- "sewed" is the incorrect term for "sewn" which is to sew cloth. you're looking for the word "sue" is the word your' looking for, means to bring one to court.

PSS- I'm not being hostile, i just feel that it's stupid that people from the esf community (fans) are flaming your forums, when they have no buisness. And now as a result of that, people from that forums (you) are comming here, when you have no business. If you noticed, recently there was a thread about your mod, ripping the esf models, and if you had read what it is the moderators have said, you would not have made this thread, i'm pretty sure of it. For there would be no need.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
RagnarokDBZSRPG said:
Understandable, though I only insulted one person, and this does not compare to what your members have done to our boards. Once again you guys give no chance for anyone to explain or talk anything out. You immediately are closing this thread for no reason whatsoever. If this is how we are going work this out then forget it, We'll use whatever models we need to make our project. BtW I did play ESF, it was a good game, I thought the staff/makers had the decency to hear someone out rather accuse someone of ripping models and then give them no chance to speak. It was a well thought out half life mod.
The only reason I intend to close this is to prevent you, a member of these boards, from getting the riot act from people who are more than willing to forego reading anything - it's happened too many times before.

I, for one, am willing to talk out as much as you want to talk out, but I know, from experience, that doing it out in the open does more damage than good.

You have every chance to talk things out, as long as you do it through the right channels, so to speak.

EDIT - my AIM screen name and MSN account are both available to you. Though I do not represent the dev team in the fullest possible extent, I am, largely, responsible for keeping things together here. I am willing to listen.

RagnarokDBZSRPG

R
Yes I am aware of the thread, and the person he posted it was pushed down by a bunch of flames. I do not come here to insult/accuse anyone of anything. If I insulted anyone please forgive.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok, well, since your forums are closed to new people, and people get insta-banned over this. this seems like the best place to discuss it.

myself, optimus prime, along with hexen, and googetenks from your forum. are talking in aim right now.

here is our convo log. (rocknrollups = myself)

x H e xXx e N x: just wait on DJ-Ready to email me back
rocknrollups: hexen, this is a problem... and unfortunately its as of yet, unresolved
rocknrollups: i dont wish to argue
rocknrollups: or fight
x H e xXx e N x: im really not in the mood to have a big discussion on it, and i've got people here who are arguing with me to get away from the computer
rocknrollups: but i ask one thing
x H e xXx e N x: I already stated this
x H e xXx e N x: you pick out the models you believe that I stole
x H e xXx e N x: and without any arguments
rocknrollups: that you show wireframe overlays of your models
rocknrollups: and we will show wires of ours
x H e xXx e N x: I'll put their names in the credits for the models
rocknrollups: unfortunately...you need to ask them
rocknrollups: since the readme in all their model files states that you must
googetenks: hex just rpove that you didn't steal them?
x H e xXx e N x: well, since most of the models were done in Wc3 Art Tools.. they do not open back up
rocknrollups: yah they do
x H e xXx e N x: I dunno if either of you know anything about wc3 models, but you might wanna ask someone about that
rocknrollups: dude, i am a pro, i get payed for this
rocknrollups: i know how modeling works
x H e xXx e N x: yeah.. doesn't matter still
x H e xXx e N x: you might be able to open them back up
x H e xXx e N x: but not in 3dsmax
x H e xXx e N x: and not in wc3 model viewer
rocknrollups: do it in ms3d then
rocknrollups: all im asking for is a wireframe overlay
x H e xXx e N x: can't wc3 .mdx files into MS
x H e xXx e N x: *import
x H e xXx e N x: there may be one or two models that will still open
rocknrollups: so then you dont have a save log of the origional models?
x H e xXx e N x: let me to gry
x H e xXx e N x: *try
googetenks: hex if you can't show the comparisent with the ussj trunks models that you showed me
rocknrollups: hay opti
OptiPrimeCa: hi
rocknrollups: right
rocknrollups: this is a non hostile chat :O
OptiPrimeCa: I know.
rocknrollups: :)
OptiPrimeCa: if anyone else shows up
x H e xXx e N x: whats the download site for ms3d
rocknrollups: www.milkshape3d.com
OptiPrimeCa: Hexen, I have a question. If you made the models, why does your disclaimer say anyone who mentions them get banned. It's almost if you have something to hide.
googetenks: no just a lot of warnings...oh boy here we go again
googetenks: ok
x H e xXx e N x: well...mainly because of my old forum
googetenks: its mainly because of the warcraft comunity
googetenks: asking for them all the time
x H e xXx e N x: they join.. and hundreds of them ask about nothing but models
x H e xXx e N x: they ask for them
x H e xXx e N x: they ask to see them
x H e xXx e N x: they ask which ones there will be
googetenks: they spam about them
rocknrollups: ok
rocknrollups: well..
rocknrollups: googetenks, can i show the polycount thread?
googetenks: yes
x H e xXx e N x: hold on i'm trying to find out what to do with these
rocknrollups: ok hexen, i posted this "case" on the polycount forums
x H e xXx e N x: yes?
rocknrollups: in case youve never been their, polycount has many profesionals their, who are all extremely good at what they do, and who are payed for it
rocknrollups: i asked them simply, as independant, non biased people, their oppinion
rocknrollups: you should know that most of them are employed by companies such as EAgames, Unreal, and others
rocknrollups: MoP is actually getting promoted to being one of the art directors of EA games
rocknrollups: http://boards.polycount.net/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=12154&an=0&page=0#12154
rocknrollups: read for yourself
x H e xXx e N x: hold on ima get a plugin for .mdx files in milkshape

for the record. he said on his old forum he modeled them in milkshape, but now he wants the site to download the program. dubious?

Best answers
http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=51405

One of you guys came here already, and I see no point in doing this.

You did rip some models from members here and used them for your game and edited them a tad. You come here expecting to complete somthing by defending that you didnt rip. If you didnt rip ignore it, no need to go out of your way and defend it so much.

Stay at your mod and dont come here and try to defend yourself and spam our boards with this useless crappy defense, because it's pretty pointless as alot of people here are from the time those models were made and shown to the public.

But it is a good thing that you thought our models were good enough for another mod, but it is not good that you didnt give any credit and lie about it.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok...unless another admin sees the need to open this and let this continue out in the open, do so. Otherwise, I'm ending this portrait of a witch-burning now.

To any/all members of the DBZ RPG that are registered here - if you wish to continue to talk this out, which I hope you do, as it will accomplish much, please, contact myself or any of the other administrators or dev-team members, and we can settle this in private and in a civilized manner. There's no need for public arguement, accusations, or anything out of order. Please, I encourage you to contact us and sort this out.

I await your reply(ies).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom