OMG VISTA U DAM PIG!!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
o_o 4 gb..... thats allready the redline.... bishes!

Vista sucks also cuz it doesnt support Ogl <_< rawr.

even to use word or paint or games on windows you need 1gb... i got myself only 512 now... omg

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Tryforce said:

even to use word or paint or games on windows you need 1gb... i got myself only 512 now... omg
If you're using DirectX (like in Vista) to power your display, and you ran an OpenGL program in windowed mode, all of the OpenGL functions would have to be converted to their DirectX equivalents before being rendered.

When you run an OpenGL program fullscreen, it won't have to "translate" because there's no other graphics system with "control of the screen".

(lol trying to use easier to understand technical terms)

So as long as you run stuff fullscreen there will be no performance penalty (aside from Vista itself, which will apparently be a huge penalty lol)

Best answers
Tryforce said:

Awww, I feel so bad for you T_T

The ****, I have 256MB RAM >_>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
._. thanks for clearing me up Kurt

gojack.... you rich ass <_<

and i agree to the link wich overlord sended... Vista is one of the biggest failure! 0/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, thats right. A leaked beta version of Vista uses a ton of RAM. Were 10 months away from release, and youre all worried that you wont be able to run the latest games on your 512 MB computers. When Vista comes out, 1024 MB will be the minimum for the average FPS. Youll only need Vista for DX10 to run the latest games. If you cant play the latest games, you wont need Vista in the first place. This is a non-issue.

Did anybody stop to think that maybe MS is using this time to optimize Vista for release, and that perhaps it might run differently 10 months from now?

If you just want to hop on the Vista bashing bandwagon though, dont let me stop you.

Best answers
Tryforce said:
._.
and i agree to the link wich overlord sended... Vista is one of the biggest failure! 0/
Dude, how do you know that vista is already one of the biggest failures when it hasn't even been released yet? It hasn't failed yet because its not on the market.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just think it's stupid though how they think E=everyone can afford 2gb of memory let alone even 4gb or more for gamers. For a system that is ment to be ready for vista, you'd have to get 4gb of memory if your'e a gmaer, and the thing you'd do to save money is buy another 2gb kit, thus you'd have to also run the ram at a higher command rate aswell, witch will also cause a slight drop in performance.

If Vista is going to do that to me then i'm afraid I won't be using it. I mightaswell not get vista and wait till they get a os that uses the WinFX filesystem. Or, I can always switch to using Linux (looks at ubuntu).

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
frsrblch said:
Did anybody stop to think that maybe MS is using this time to optimize Vista for release, and that perhaps it might run differently 10 months from now?
They've had over a decade to fix IE, and only recently has Bill Gates personally admitted that IE does, in fact, suck ass. That doesn't set a good precedent for anything coming out of Redmond. :p

And that link about the Microsoft employees is rather disturbing

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dj^Swift said:
Is it possible to buy a 8GB Ram?
The max a computer can have atm, is 16 gigs of ram i do believe. Unless they made it higher without me knowing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
The max a computer can have atm, is 16 gigs of ram i do believe. Unless they made it higher without me knowing.
A computer can have most certainly more than 16 GBs of RAM, just not with conventional computing. Although, I'm sorry for diverting this thread further off-topic, so let's bring it back.

nge

Best answers
Even with conventional computing, assuming your mobo has 4 slots and you're willing to shell out close to $4000 you can get 4 8gb sticks. /offtopic
Although those 8GB will most likely have ECC, which is more active in server computers, and as such, not so 'conventional' anymore. ~Smith|

Yeah, vista is going to be quite system taxing. I'm going to wait and see how it performs after release though. I don't really plan on buying a new OS from Microsoft of all places the day it comes out. I'll wait for at least the first wave of initial patches to be released.

::Edit:: Quiet, you. : (

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,1942069,00.asp

Wheeeee and office is delayed too

This has all the makings of a disaster written all over it now lol... they have (estimated) over a billion dollars invested in Vista so far.

Microsoft really needs to get out of the 'major release' mindset. Companies are finally starting to migrate to XP/2k3 from 9x/NT/2k, and now Microsoft is coming along saying "Use Vista it's our most stable/secure OS to date, but you'll have to upgrade all your hardware first!"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you notice a trend? =O

I just don't understand what is so great about vista and why it needs to take up that much friggin memory to do such simple tasks. I know the new windows skin is sexy and all, but if thats all I am going to get from a new OS and maybe some new text describing how much more safe and reliable vista will be, then **** it.

What is the point of rewriting an operating system to only make it harder to run on someones system and have a ****load of compatibility issues, or maybe thats the whole point. Because in my mind, the whole point of making a new OS was to optimize it and make it more available to those people who can't afford a state of the art system. But obviously that is not Microsoft's intention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom