OMG problems with the Orange Box

Best answers
**** please help fast guys.I bought the orange box for 50 euros and i have no idea how to install them.I put the CD and i install steam and log in to my account.Then i active the Orange Box with my activation key.And becouse steam was in drive C: i didnt had space to insall the whole orange box.So i exit and i reinstall steam in drive D:.Now all the games from the orange box are in "My Games" and i need to download them first so i can install them play??

Also there were 2 disks in the orange box.The first was Steam but the other one has nothing exept few files named: "The Orange Box Retail_disk2.sim" 2 3 4 " etc.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that's because your steam client has reassigned the "my games" folder to the new drive, but your old games are still on the old drive. if they are still there, simply copy/paste them. if they aren't there, they were deleted when you uninstalled steam, and you'll have to redownload them.

but since they were registered, you can do that as often as you need.

Best answers
Well i fix it and the games are installing.Now i have another problem but noone can help there.My PC cant read the other CD(disk 2).Ill also make this somehow but then it comes the biggest problem.I have Nvidia GeForce 5200 and the orange box loveeeee ATI radeon graphics.The seller in Pariz told me that i wont have any problem for playing hf2 but i dont think so now.What do you think?

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hl 2 on Gforce 5200 will work preaty good 30-40 fps

Best answers
Hl 2 on Gforce 5200 will work preaty good 30-40 fps
Yeah man i just try it Half Life 2(but i still have problem with disk 2 so i didnt installed all games yet) and it was working great!!!really cool graphic and there was NO lag at all.Its all perfect.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Reccomend you just activate it with the cdkey and download off steam. Should circumvent your cd problems.

Best answers
Reccomend you just activate it with the cdkey and download off steam. Should circumvent your cd problems.
Well becouse i am still having problems with disk 2(6 hours my PC is trying to read this ****ing CD and i have no luck) and tnx for reminding me for this ill just download what i left.

EDIT: I failed!!!! damn i still have problems with Disk 2.F**K!!!!

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
you could use a friends computer and login with your steam account there to register those games from cd2 with your account (so back at home you can download them through steam)

Just an idea though.. I don't have the orange box T_T

Best answers
I still didnt intsall the episodes but i have HF 2 and i was downloading few mods.Can you tell me how can i delete them from my com.?There is no "unistall" in the folders.

EDIT: i finnaly install all the games and i was waiting almost 2 hours.NOW EVERYTHING SUCK!THEY are downloading???wtf is this?I cant launch portal or the episodes.The only game i can play is Half Life 2!!!why are they downloading now when i was installing them 2 ****ing hours???

EDIT2: everything is fine and i am playing all the games with 30 fps.Finnaly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom