OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG I'M NOT A SENIOR ANYMORE!!!!L;AKEJFOGI

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M NOT A SENIOR ANYMORE!!! I GRADUATED HIGH SCHOOL AND I'M NOW GOING TO COLLEGE AFTER THE SUMMER OMG I CAN'T CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT WHICH IS WHY I'M TYPING IN CAPITOL BOLD ITALIC LETTERS!!! RHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

So to make this a relevent post and some retarded "Praise me because I did something a bazillion other people did and will do" (even though you should praise me anyway) I figured maybe people who already graduated and are in/was in college to give some helpful advice. I figure what better way to get good advice than to talk to the people who went to college. So discuss. Or else.

EDIT

Oh yeah, btw, I was so excited that I forgot to mention there's a party at my place. There's about 30 kegs so bring your friends. Maybe we can get Maj drunk. Maybe.

People mandatory to show up
Zeo
Kidboy
Kain
Maj
Pain
Everyone else.
And Deman of course because he could actually make it lol

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
o/ Congratulations!

Advice?

Don't get wasted every weekend. :p Bad for your grades, maaaan.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not going to any sausage party, sorry. :p

But congrats though.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lucky bastage =/. I graduate sometime in June. The college I'm going to attend already sent my program card for the Fall term though.

What are your career aspirations? What college are you attending? Why are you visiting this forum? You should be partying twice as hard since I'm not there to party with you.

Pay no mind to Shiyojin. Getting wasted every weekend is perfectly fine as long as you don't have school on Monday (I made sure I didn't have classes on Monday). Just don't do anything Kidboy would do. Or anything you would do with Kidboy.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fine, don't invite the one person that could actually be able to make it :(

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not sure you'd want to go to his orgy. You might find that you may leave his house missing one or two external sexual organs. Or you might leave with several more. Depends on the quality of the booze (not that he'd drink or anything; he's only 18 and he's definately a law abiding citizen).

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Congratz..

Hope Im invited aswell.. dont want to buy a plane ticket if I will just get bounced at your door.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Congrats FP. Too bad I graduated last year, so I beat you. I'm about to finish up my first yeard of college on June 2nd, which is also my birthday so thats kind of a cool thing thats happening.

I love going to sausage fests! They always have good bratworst.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Congrats! High school was all well and good, but post-secondary education is a lot more liberating; you're in complete control of what you take and when you take it. If you're motivated, you can also get away with pulling off an A in a course without attending a single lecture (Statistics, anyone? ^_^)

Again, congratulations. I'd be pleased to offer an advice about post-secondary education, should you have specific concerns. I've got two years of it under my belt.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Congrats!

The only advice I can give you is don't go into some artsy program at college, unless you like unemployment. And don't take it too seriously, you'll only burn yourself out.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Advice?

Don't under estimate it. The work load is more than high school, so take it seriously.

Grats.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
Advice?

Don't under estimate it. The work load is more than high school, so take it seriously.

Grats.
Mmm, I agree. I took a pretty slack attitude last year and drove myself into some unnecessary panic and cramming that I should, rightly, have avoided. This year, I started keeping up on lectures on a weekly basis starting at the very beginning of the semester. I won't bother listing the results, because I'd rather not look like I'm bragging. Just take my word on this when I say it made a load of difference. Treat university (or college, as the case may be) as a career unto itself.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks guys. Zeo trust me I'll party so hard I just might die. Prom is tomorrow so that's going to own hard.

I have 2 options available to me. I can either go to metro state to learn to be a pilot (Wanted to do it becuase my Dad does it and i think it's cool) or go into the criminal justice program at ACC which I'm not too sure about.

I'm leaning more toward criminal justice only becasue I can't be a teacher and my Dad constantly tells me "You don't want to be a pilot- trust me" which puts me down.

Maj: How the hell can you not go to class and pass? How'd you know what to do?

Thanks everyone for congradulating me. Man it's good to be out of High School. And Deman I said "everyone else" That means you're included :D

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
Maj: How the hell can you not go to class and pass? How'd you know what to do?
Third-party course materials ;)

There's an organization run by one guy called "Grant's Tutoring". Every year, he releases a book with very complete lessons and solutions, and he writes these books up for all intro-level math and stats courses. In most cases, his explanations are more clear and more grounded in common sense than what many profs use. I used his book for Stats 2, which was a God-send, since my prof was, for lack of a better term, not understandable.

Also, we had regular assignments in Stats, so you could get a good sense on how to tackle the larger problems on the exams, and you'd get a sense of how those problems would be presented.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Majin_You said:
Mmm, I agree. I took a pretty slack attitude last year and drove myself into some unnecessary panic and cramming that I should, rightly, have avoided. This year, I started keeping up on lectures on a weekly basis starting at the very beginning of the semester. I won't bother listing the results, because I'd rather not look like I'm bragging. Just take my word on this when I say it made a load of difference. Treat university (or college, as the case may be) as a career unto itself.
Don't worry... Allow me
7 (seven) A+'s and 1 (one) A... excuse the A... because MicroBiology isn't easy...

anyway, congrats to you, FP. exciting times ahead!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Congrats man.

Here is some advice. Dont skip to mutch of the classes or else bad things will come with exams.

(caugh finishing year 1 of colledge here XD)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
I'm not sure you'd want to go to his orgy.
Orgy?? I thought it was a Toga! You can take me off the list >=(

But damn FP I didn't know you were that much older than me o_O. Congratulations! At least you know you are going to college, but then you may end up asking "Mkay, where do I go from here?" when you graduate that.

I still got another 2 years =/

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chakra-X said:
Orgy?? I thought it was a Toga =(. **** that...

But damn FP I didn't know you were that much older than me o_O. Congratulations! At least you know you are going to college, but then you may end up asking "Mkay, where do I go from here?" when you graduate that.

I still got another 2 years =/
Actually you're right. Once I have the knowledge I need for a certain career I won't be too sure on what to do after that -.-

I mean do I walk right up to them and be like "I'd like an application"? I think not.

So yeah it's big and kinda frustrating. Granted where i'm going to school is a community college so yeah. No point in going to a big college like CU or CSU or UNC because those don't offer what I'm interested in =/

It makes me wonder if I really needed to talk all those AP classes. Which kind of pisses me off because I took those classes thinking "Okay if I take harder classes and do well in them, I'll get a good education which leads to a good college which leads to a good job" But the problem with that is- is that I mean, criminal justice is $50,000+ a year (depending on what I aim to do) Pilots make around $90,000 a year. And community colleges teach both.

It's so frustrating -.-

Best answers
Take this from the man that's doing his first year of college for the third time: Go to all the classes, study a lot and hard and above all (really) don't give in to these silly drinking parties (for me it was lack of studying the first time, overdose of partying the second time, now I'm well on my way to actually making it to the second year \o/)

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wait, alcohol is involved and you didn't invite me? Hell, I'm drunk right now. In all seriousness, though, congrats :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom