OMG >< LIVE action DBZ movie

Best answers
now... most of you proboly know that a live action DBZ movies coming out but for those of u who dont know.... there is but I dont no if its going to suck becouse its not even coming out in movie theaters its coming out on fox ive known this for like half a year now but felt like posting it up THANK YOU AND BYE :laff: :laff:

Best answers
I've heard an rumor about there were some DBZ movie in the making, with Jackie Chan as Goku, but they were only rumors. And I dont think this one will neather be released,

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Super_Saiyan_10 said:
now... most of you proboly know that a live action DBZ movies coming out but for those of u who dont know.... there is but I dont no if its going to suck becouse its not even coming out in movie theaters its coming out on fox ive known this for like half a year now but felt like posting it up THANK YOU AND BYE :laff: :laff:
A live action movie was already released:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0122050/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Ball:_The_Magic_Begins

As for a movie being made by Fox, those were just rumors that turned out false... a few years ago if I'm not mistaken.

Best answers
Can we see a source sir?

This rumour has been plagueing these forums for years. There's no evidence of a live action movie being made. It would just flat out suck.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then you must've skipped this part:

I literally JUST got off the phone with FOX Studios in Los Angeles , CA . I asked outright about the upcoming live action Dragon Ball /Z movie.

This is exactly what I was told by my contact:

"The Dragon Ball Z movie? We don't have that. I 've got a lot of calls about that so I called around [the studio]. We won't be making that [movie]."

So there you have it, folks. That is the OFFICIAL story from FOX. I know some of you may be disappointed, but I also think it's a blessing.
All of that information you saw on that same page has been around for a while, all of the actors were picked by fans. I remember the rumors starting on the official Dragon Ball Z website some time ago and the rumors were ended some time afterwards.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ILM ON DBZ LIVE ACTION MOVIE by Otherworld Steve

I decided to follow up a bit more regarding the rumored live action Dragon Ball /Z movie. One persistent rumor has been that "George Lucas' CGI company ILM has signed a contract to do the special effects."

Today I called Ellen Pasternack , Public Relations for ILM. I asked her if the rumor was true; if ILM was brought on board to provide the special effects for the Dragon Ball /Z live action movie. Ms. Pasternack's reply was that it had been mentioned, but ILM never officially signed off on anything and it never came to be. She also commented that, as far as she knows, the film is not being made.

So there you have it, folks. Another death nail in the DBZ live action movie coffin. That isn't to say that the film will never be made. There are other major studios besides FOX and other effects houses aside from ILM. Who knows ... maybe Wetta will snag this property to go along with the Evangelion live action movie. Only time will tell.

Edit: I just want to clarify that a.) FUNimation Productions has absolutely nothing to do with the concept/licensing for a Dragon Ball /Z live action movie. They hold the license for the anime/games/merchandise only, and b.) this website is NOT an official FUNimation website. It is just a promotional website for Kyle Hebert and goes beyond his association with FUNimation. I hope that clears some things up.
NO LIFE IN THE "DRAGONBALL" LIVE ACTION MOVIE? by Otherworld Steve

I literally JUST got off the phone with FOX Studios in Los Angeles , CA . I asked outright about the upcoming live action Dragon Ball /Z movie.

This is exactly what I was told by my contact:

"The Dragon Ball Z movie? We don't have that. I 've got a lot of calls about that so I called around [the studio]. We won't be making that [movie]."

So there you have it, folks. That is the OFFICIAL story from FOX. I know some of you may be disappointed, but I also think it's a blessing.

both taken from the webpage you just linked to.

there is no DBZ live action movie.

thread closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom