OMFG!!!!

Best answers
Hmm, i'm not really sure what to believe, is this AF or true, that's a problem ;D

Best answers
Rixorster said:
Hmm, i'm not really sure what to believe, is this AF or true, that's a problem ;D
BUT , why the news came out exatly in april 1st?O_O

Of course that was a joke!!:]

Best answers
if that's so, then i will gonna save esf!!! no matter what!:\

I will call to all my friends, to save esf. But, first ill need to find out if it's not AF joke.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even if this isn't an april fools joke, I have a few hundres dollars stored which I would gladly throw to the ESF Team to keep the mod going. If any of the team want more details, just send me a PM, and I'll see what I can do.

Best answers
dude comeon its fake i mean if you look closely it say at the window bar mozilla -thunderbird...WTF? its firefox so unless that thunderbird is soemthin else its obviously fake

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can drop the gig now, you're pissing people off. FUNimation does have the rights to Dragon Ball Z & everything it bears, but I highly doubt they are a greedy business... they've made plenty of money over their years dubbing the Dragon Ball trilogy, along with the sales of several toys and whatnot. Also, you know this as well as I do, since you're not making profit from this, they'd have to be the worst-running business in the entire world to take you to court over something like this. ESF has been around for several years... don't you think they have inside people who search things like this? They've obviously seen you haven't made any sort of gain from this other than ... happiness? Inspiration from Dragon Ball Z? They should slap their GOD DAMN TAG ON YOUR SUCCESSFUL ****ING GAME. Think about all of these small donations you've received from eager & loving fans. A cold-hearted monster would take you down at a time like this. C'mon guys, nice prank... at first, but do you actually want people to believe this has coincidentally happened on April Fools? Give me the damn unedited email, I'm taking a plane down there and I'm gonna smack some faces inward.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mastergamerx said:
dude comeon its fake i mean if you look closely it say at the window bar mozilla -thunderbird...WTF? its firefox so unless that thunderbird is soemthin else its obviously fake
That is my email client...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As long as the Team doesn't go around selling their game, they're safe. ESF's DBZ content falls under fan-art, in that regard.

Nice AF joke. Had me going for a few seconds. :p

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Revitalized Prince said:
they'd have to be the worst-running business in the entire world to take you to court over something like this.
You must be new here

Blizzard took the bnetd developers to court. Square filed a "cease and desist" against the Chrono Trigger remake project.

Sure, making a program that allows people with illegal copies of games to play online isn't the same thing as stealing intellectual property, or using trademarked/licensed/copyrighted material in a free modification, but groups of people have been sued over even dumber things before.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seriously, how can anyone ever get tricked on April Fools? The entire day is devoted to tricking people. It's like warning someone you're going to prank them before you actually do it.

What they should do is randomly change April Fools every year to a totally different day. That way you would be able to catch way more people off-guard.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You must be new here

Blizzard took the bnetd developers to court. Square filed a "cease and desist" against the Chrono Trigger remake project.

Sure, making a program that allows people with illegal copies of games to play online isn't the same thing as stealing intellectual property, or using trademarked/licensed/copyrighted material in a free modification, but groups of people have been sued over even dumber things before.

Yeah I don't follow these cases like a hawk because they make me sick. Slap a lawsuit on someone for stealing and selling your idea. Sure you'd be angry, I don't blame you. This is an entirely different situation here, though. A man gets smart, he jots stuff down, he sells it, his ideas get huge, like world-wide, he gets his due, and so do some foreigner groups(from his view), like FUNimation. Someone like Toriyama would probably encourage this, like these fandoms, because his creations affect the kindest of people. And those people are his fans, not the money hungry companies that want his product to distribute and make a fortunate off of. Little, A lot, the amount of effort that was put into Dragon Ball Z in America is irrelevant. A nasty person authorized this FUNimation email and they should be terminated,
from their job, even if they're the Head, and removed from their home, removed from their bank, isolated from anything that brings them joy.... in this case, it's obviously money, above anything else I can think of. Shame on them.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Man it aint fun =P first thing I thought about when I woke up is: "DONT BELIEVE ANYFING!"

So there, didnt fell for it =P was kinda obvious so I actually led myself to the front page ^_^

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright, after a short break and a plate of sweet & sour chicken, I've come up with an arguement.

1. First off, ESF has been around for over 3 years now, so the legal copyright holders, whoever they may be, have definately been aware of the mod for quite some time now.

2. ESF is built on the Half-Life engine, and Valve gives us the tools to create whatever we want within the limitations of that engine.

3. The ESF Team is making absolutely no money from ESF, other than fan-happy donations, which means they are protected by the Fair Use Act. Which means, if Funimation were to take the ESF Team to court, what would they have to say? "Yeah, these guys are using our copyrighted characters, but they aren't making any money off of it". *The judge laughs his/her ass off and states "Case dismissed"*.

4. Again, ESF has been around for 3-4 years, so don't you think they would have already recieved a cease and desist if the mod was a problem? The ESF Team makes no money from it, so they aren't stealing any revenues from the copyright holders, so why would they give a damn?

Sadly, it's 4 A.M., and I'm tired, so I'm going to stop there for the morning.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
*shrugs*, some people already know my thoughts about this.. Not really going to say anything more :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll be sad to see this mod leave. It's been fun, guys. Nice try, keeping the suspense up, but I think this is a lost cause now. Better luck next year!

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I have taken the liberty to setup a general information page regarding the situation here, feel free to pass it on to your friends:

http://minionempire.com:27010/esf/

If we all work together, we can save ESF!

Best answers
april fools .... stop kidding everyone ..... editing stuff these days is easy ... nice one guys but i don't buy it ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom