Olympics...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
is she coming too? and does that mean you wont be the only one parading in your undies?

hang on... we wont be the only ones. thats better >;]

anyway, if she comes along thats cool, if not, oh well. but certainly congrats :)
Dude, she lives in England. We will be able to visit her when i go there.

Ouchyz said:
Kidboy... just because ur couzin is in the olympics dosnt mean she's famous.....
Actually if you think about it, that does make her famous. Think before you speak.

Bolteh said:
Winter olympics are the olympics only canadians, northern americans, scandinavians and russians like.. the rest of the world couldn't care less for that downgraded sportsevent..

She couldn't win gold, so it's not that big of a deal to post it here and accentuate that SHE'S RELATED TO YOU OMFG!..

My greatgreatgreatgreat...grandfather, named Etienne Lenoir, developed the fuel engine.. Does that make him famous? No, because nobody knows about him, but everybody does remember the guy whe used that engine in the first car..
That was kinda a hardsh thing to say, don't you think? Doesn't matter if she won gold or not, its still a big deal because she got Silver. I'm sure if one of your relatives did well in the olympics, then you would have posted a similar thing.

And yes, your grandfather is famous for creating the fuel engine. Plenty of historians know who your grandfather is and I'm also very sure he is famous in the car and engine industry. I really don't see why you had to lash out like you did.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I kinda forget what channel to go to to watch the olympics..Usually I am only interested in the track and field events in the summer olympics, but there are a couple of winter evetns I wanted to see.

I thought skeleton was that shuffle-board looking thing, guess I was wrong o_O. Congratulations for your cousin reaching about a 1/7th the speed of sound, Kidboy

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bolteh said:
Winter olympics are the olympics only canadians, northern americans, scandinavians and russians like.. the rest of the world couldn't care less for that downgraded sportsevent..

She couldn't win gold, so it's not that big of a deal to post it here and accentuate that SHE'S RELATED TO YOU OMFG!..

My greatgreatgreatgreat...grandfather, named Etienne Lenoir, developed the fuel engine.. Does that make him famous? No, because nobody knows about him, but everybody does remember the guy whe used that engine in the first car..

Sidenote: that movie sucks because the makers have no clue.. Northern italy is part of the alpes.. and yes, there is snow in the alpes

Amuzing words for someone who has never competed in the Olympics himself. Bolteh, I've told you a million times, it's okay to post your opinion, but it's not okay to disrespect people because your parents didn't love you enough, k?

As some one who tried and failed to make it to the 2000 Summer Olympics, I salute anyone who earnestly tries to make their country's team and makes the grade. Shame on any of you who disagree, since you obviously aren't of that caliber anyway.

Bolteh2

B
Well sorry if I disrespect sports due to the fact that a bunch of ppl that go out once a week for an hour or 2 to work on their condition and get overpaid.. I'll start respecting sports once them sportsmen/women get a paycheque equal to that of a normal working man that actually has to do something for 5 days per week, 8 hours per day..

Sports is a corrupt business, and I'm sure the olympics are to.. There was a time when sports was about fun and fair play, all of that has vanished over time.

And my parents loved me enough (and still do), that doesn't keep me from pulling someone down to earth because he/she thinks something amasing happend to him/her.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You'd actually have to win the Olympics in order to get a ginormous paycheck, and even then you'd only be doing advertisements for different products. Olympians aren't rich.

Sports are still fun and fair to play. You didn't just disrespect the sport; you disrespected him.

Hes proud of his cousin and he should be. She won friggin second play in the Winter Olympics. You have to try to bring him down to your level just because hes happy something amazing actually did happen? Pretty pathetic.

This "I am enlightened and I see things clearly man!" thing isn't working for you.

Bolteh2

B
You mean I should respect that kid because his cousin won silver?
Haha, nice :') you actually gave me a chuckle there.

More than half of the currents sportsmen/women use steroids, wouldn't surprise me if his cousin used some (but then again, she might as well didn't)..

Only sports/olympics I'll ever respect, are the paralympics.. Those people actually still sport for fun.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bolteh said:
Well sorry if I disrespect sports due to the fact that a bunch of ppl that go out once a week for an hour or 2 to work on their condition and get overpaid.. I'll start respecting sports once them sportsmen/women get a paycheque equal to that of a normal working man that actually has to do something for 5 days per week, 8 hours per day..
uhuh... so the fact they push their bodies far beyond the limits that "normal people" do doesnt account for anything? not to mention, most of them will be retired by the time they are 35, so they need that high wage to secure a decent standard of living after they finish doing what they are good at.

Sports is a corrupt business, and I'm sure the olympics are to.. There was a time when sports was about fun and fair play, all of that has vanished over time.
uhhh sports were never about fun and play, in fact the word "sport" has an implied meaning of competition.

And my parents loved me enough (and still do), that doesn't keep me from pulling someone down to earth because he/she thinks something amasing happend to him/her.
LIES!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bolteh said:
You mean I should respect that kid because his cousin won silver?

Haha, nice :') you actually gave me a chuckle there.
There's a difference between telling you to respect someone and telling you to not disrespect someone. If you don't like it, don't post it.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bolteh said:

You have two options Bolty, neither of them end with you posting in this thread ever again:

Option 1, I ban you for breaking rule #1 of the forum which you seem to have always had problems with. Respect. I'm not talking about idoling him, which would be what your talking about, I'm talking about respect as in he's doesn't require negativity or thread spoiling from you. If you feel you will continue to have these pointless outbursts of negativity, let me know, and I will ban you now to save me the hassle.

Option 2, You walk away from this thread and shut your damn mouth if you don't have pleasant things to say. This thread is not a debate, nor is it an opportunity for Olympic reform, nor is it place for Bolteh's skewed social skills. Therefore, feel free to tell me which option you choose by leaving or by leaving with my foot up your virtual ass. Your move, spanky.

nge

Best answers
Are sports players overpaid in the main media sports? Yes

Do they generally work hard for what they do? Yes

Do all people who play ANY sport make crazy amounts of money? No

Is the olympic silver, even (just) the winter olympics, something easily attainable? No

Is skeleton a reletively unknown sport? Yes

Should you congradulate someone for being related to a famous person? Probably not

Is it wrong this said person is proud of their relitive for a major accomplishment? No

Is it posible the person was using humor as a way to get their relitive's recognition out there? Yes

The defense rests, your honor.

And you know, 5 days a week, 8 hours a day is nothing to brag about. It's the normal amount, and it's this person's choice for doing so.

I work a few months at a time, 80-100 hours a week hard labor. It is TERRIBLE. Do I go around demanding other people get paid less than me, or I get paid more than them? No, as this is my CHOICE. Some people work more than others, and people have different careers. They do what they WANT to do with their lives, and live it the way they either enjoy or can comfortably fall into without fear of change. The power of CHOICE; this is what is great about capitalism.

Anyways. Congrats to your cousin, Kidboy. That's really awesome; I'd never even really heard of skeleton till about a day before you posted. I'm still not too clear on it, and wish i'd witnessed the said event. I'm sure she worked her butt off for that.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
With the exception of hockey, curling, and maybe a few other sports, most athletes, once they turn pro (i.e they do it for money), are no longer eligible for the olympics. So to knock on his cousin on the basis of she makes alot of money is complete bull****.

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Bolteh said:

Haha you think they become that good going out once a week for an hour or 2...

Hmm skeleton is a crazy sport so congragulations to her.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, she's been working her ass off non-stop. She puts in well past 8 hours a day for training, lifting weights and getting her body in the most aerodynamic shape ever.

She's definitely not rich because she's been struggling getting the money to get the plane tickets and such. Thank god my family and her community supports her strongly enough to raise money for her cause.

Also, I know for 100% that she doesn't use steriods. In this compotion it would be stupid because she doesn't want to be bulky, she needs to be slim and aerodynamic. Also, she has no reason to take steriods, she's good enough to get second place and first. Also, they test for steriod use and she would have gotten disqualified if she was taking them.

Man, I wish people would do the homework before they speak.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Man, I just saw skeleton a couple nights ago, and your cousin has balls of steel. I saw the male runs though, unfortunately. Anyways, is she cute?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Cool, congrats for you cousin. I didnt even know there was something like a winter olympics. Thats what I get for living so damn far south of the equator, right?

Skeleton sounds hectic though. Going at those speeds in the snow and stuff...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grim, are you serious?! didn't you know about winter olympics? Okay well now you know, lol
I'd like too do that skeleton thingy....well not really.

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers

Deman google is your friend ;).

but no honestly i saw a picture of her balancing on the sled with only her hands thats freakishly hard o_O.

Yes, but it's not as fun as trying to get people to think of there relatives in terms of attractiveness.
~Deman

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ouchyz said:
Kidboy...

just because ur couzin is in the olympics dosnt mean she's famous.....
Just because she made front page news over here doesn't mean she's famou...oh wait.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah got her picture right. Yeah, I told my mom that I could do the skeleton better then Shelley and my mom just about hit from being stupid. The one chick who beat Shelley didn't even move her legs. She was brainwashed to think that pain is nothing. She's crazy.

And if anyone wants to know, she's 24.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom