Old suggestion back to live, 50% were implented thnx ESF, now time for next stage!

Best answers
•Simple throwing:

(Yeah this gif I posted in a suggestion ages ago I dont remmember much of that
but it was years ago with my older account in the 1.1 days, didnt got any credits but oh well, never the less -
the ESF team developers implented it and made it great :)
nice feature gj team!!!)

•GLT [ grab-lock-throw ] combo (rename it as u wish)
ohhh those gifs might make some pplz remmember the old days :D ( very old as in 1-2 years ago :p )hehehe
here goes:

(!!WARNING!! 3X{less then 1 meg gifs}, in avrage 656kb all of them overall
if it lags ur connection press ESC; you can also click each to show them seperatly in a new window)

yeah after some punches and stunnings while in adv melee or just melee
you can preform GLT to a player!

if u have enough ki u can give the player the 100% dmg this attack will be able to give
means u can do it from max height of a map
and throw him all the day down (the GLT Swoopt time)
when nearing the minimum "floor" in a map the player needs X amount of ki to reverse the direction hes swooping to - so he himself will not get hurt
this requieres a lot of the player energy
(the strugle is possible but will be very weak since is done when the enemy is at stunn time or so)
If a player doesnt have X enough amount of ki GLT will not be preformed fully - or will be preformed, but the player will throw his locked enemy from bigger distance from the minimum map floor => which will cause the enemy less dmg of course - will be done with less speed and less power

[EDIT:] now about the last 2 BOLD parts - I think the throw itself of a none Full GLT should be done automatically
If the player will not --==EVENTUALLY==-- have sufficient amount of ki to preform: a Full GLT plus reverse direction of his combined swoop
another problem is wether to preform a Full GLT automatically if the player DOES HAVE ENOUGH KI, it could be optinal for the player to decide not to preform the entire GLT inorder to preserve ki
or once GLT started it will be forced to be preformed according to the system

What do you think? Which is more balanced and why ! ?
[/EDIT]

IMPORTANT NOTE: this suggestion is nothing like the sasuke naruto lock GLT style - we do not want to mimic other animes, and btw the NARUTO show's GLT is based on different rules, basically on gravity
the characters in that show cant fly therefore its differently!!!

Force Pit Member
Best answers
1st gif is different from the other 3, so im assuming you want two new moves in. First one is being able to grab a basic melee punch (counter) , and throwing him. And the other gifs are grabbing an opponent, swooping down with him and letting go. Looks really nice, .gif's helped alot.

Suggestions how it could be pulled off:

1) Maybe they could add a counter button. You hit it right when someone throws the punch, and if you time it right, you counter them -> into a throw. If you miss you get.. punched lol.

2) The counter button could also be used for the other move (fly them down into the ground). If your swooping and hit the button right when you run into the enemy, it grabs them and you can do the move like in the .gifs.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think this is a very cool idea, actually. From what I could tell by skimming through your post, I think it is balanced and would add a nice DBZ touch to ESF.

Best answers
tonythetiger123 said:
1st gif is different from the other 3
well yes, I just pointed out that all those gifs were posted sometime in the past by one of my old users here about year or 2 or 3 years ago actually.. yeah lol
the firts one is what is already implented in ESF, its the good ol'[not so old]Throwing :)

, so im assuming you want two new moves in. First one is being able to grab a basic melee punch (counter) , and throwing him.
I'll stop the quote here cause - thats a no no, I was just showing examples of it from THE OLD POSTINGZ
and also its just parts it was done in esf
basically the best examples of how it would work best in ESF are the buu GLT and the vegita vs goku's GLT
...Looks really nice, .gif's helped alot.
why thank you :) I always love to express my idea with pictures and animations

Suggestions how it could be pulled off: ...
lol hihihih lets just leave this part for the ESF TEAM when and if they decide to accept MY idea :)
long time till how its working kicks in

though I thought maybe, ALT. Fire botton could be used for this after adv.melee time
nvm :p

Shiyojin Rommyu said:
I think this is a very cool idea, actually. From what I could tell by skimming through your post, I think it is balanced and would add a nice DBZ touch to ESF.
thank you :D I always love positive constructive comments as well XD

Force Pit Member
Best answers
well actually they didnt completely implement your idea from your 1st .gif. The only way to throw someone is to swoop into them. My idea is more of a counter.

If you time the counter button right, your guy grabs the enemy's hand (standing still position), powers up for a second ( gives you time to aim where you want to throw him), and then does the throw =).

Best answers
well... I know for a fact that there is a reason that they did not copy this move in my first gif as a feature => BAD FEATURE for now, or wasnt balanced.. I know the devs had a very good reason not to add this feature, maybe esf isnt ready for that yet maybe its just bad.. who knows :p maybe they just didnt read the thread XD

Im too over tired so I wont say much more
I'll just say trust me when I say I've seen lotsa suggestions, from last year's and from the year b4 that one too...

maybe this suggestion isnt all too good as well, but I just felt like trying really
the thing is most devs read thread's that come to their notice via PM
:D (<== arg ffs red X, fix that someone!! :p )

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I still think its a really good idea, adds more moves into the game, and more strategy. Maybe this time they can get around to it ;p. It helps them if you can offer idea's on how you can do it (controls/mouse).

Best answers
hmm well since you insist XD
I thought about... you adv. melee a player (swooping towards him, starting to
prepunch, and then u need to click fire to start adv.melee ( the one with the comboes)
what if u press Alt.Fire instead? its a free botton no? 8-D
so we can use it to begin the GLT ; a strong punch (like the strongest punch in an adv.melee, the one with max amount of "shadows" of a model)
is being hit to the emeny, then hes in stun
and the player's model does this animation:
"GRAB THE ENEMY" - this could give ESF's animator lotsa cool stuff to do
like for all those chars I showed in the gif - they do THAT animation,
and as for buu... well, I gave an example from the show in the gif, I already have another gif example of buu doing GLT - of somtehing better but its too heavy to upload to image shack

hmmm yeah Alt.Fire does a heavy punch or kick or w'e that stunns the enemy allowing the player preform on him GLT
after the stunn punch the grab will commence and the player will start a combined locked-fall-swoop to the ground and the next moves will be done either automatically either optinally (read edit in first post)

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
So when prepunching you press alt fire......doesn't that start the normal throwing?

Best answers
Awsome Idea :D here is how i think it should work :: TEll me what you think :)

[GTL]- To pull off a GTL you must swoop downward into your opponent while just holding Alt.
- If done correctly your character does the grab and both players begin going down.
- While going down They have an Arrow Face Off-
- If The player who was grabbed Missed an arrow first in the [Arrow Face Off]the person attacking him would for sure slam him into the ground
- If the player who grabbed the player and began the GTL misses 1 of his arrows first The other play could either Reverse The slam at the cost of a good amount of ki Or break away with no cost of ki.

Arrow Face Off
When both players recieve the same arrows at the same time.. The first to mess up looses and ends the face off

Awsome Idea :D here is how i think it should work :: TEll me what you think :)

[GTL]- To pull off a GTL you must swoop downward into your opponent while just holding Alt.
- If done correctly your character does the grab and both players begin going down.
- While going down They have an Arrow Face Off-
- If The player who was grabbed Missed an arrow first in the [Arrow Face Off]the person attacking him would for sure slam him into the ground
- If the player who grabbed the player and began the GTL misses 1 of his arrows first The other play could either Reverse The slam at the cost of a good amount of ki Or break away with no cost of ki.

Arrow Face Off
When both players recieve the same arrows at the same time.. The first to mess up looses and ends the face off

also for eye candy: After either player has lost the arrow struggle The player swooping down would recive a sligh boost in speed(doesn't do more dmg).
Then after slamming big rocks could appear out of the ground then fade away
(or smoke/dust)

i mean seriously if an attack does serious dmg it should at least look like it's doing some serious dmg

The Rules above apply when a player is high enough to loose 50% or more dmg.

If the player is only high enough to recieve less dmg It would be Ki related.. Like throwing but at a higher cost because the attacker is swooping also

The Rules above apply when a player is high enough to loose 50% or more dmg.

If the player is only high enough to recieve less dmg It would be Ki related.. Like throwing but at a higher cost because the attacker is swooping also

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
nice but troublesome , hmmz that's secondary lotus to me.......... cool but allmost impossible in a game ! the aim the lock , the FX ! i guess , u go on a oponent with bot your mouse buttons , (or mouse3) and u grab him put the aim evrywhere fast and push the way that u wont to go and when u wont press space and u realease and bum ! that's kinda it no?

Best answers
VeGeTTo said:
cool but allmost impossible in a game !

nono.. its not like the critical hit when you have to hit someone directly ontop of the head.. its applies if you engage someone while flying in a 45degree or more downward angle

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
no

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
RoshkoMasta said:
•Simple throwing:

(Yeah this gif I posted in a suggestion ages ago I dont remmemb
and the ESF team developers implented it and made it great :)
nice feature gj!!!)

•GLT [ grab-lock-throw ] combo (rename it as u wish)
ohhh those gifs might make some pplz remmember the old days :D ( very old as in 1-2 years ago :p )hehehe
here goes:

(!!WARNING!! 3X{less then 1 meg gifs}, in avrage 656kb all of them overall
if it lags ur connection press ESC; you can also click each to show them seperatly in a new window)

yeah after some punches and stunnings while in adv melee or just melee
you can preform GLT to a player!

if u have enough ki u can give the player the 100% dmg this attack will be able to give
means u can do it from max height of a map
and throw him all the day down (the GLT Swoopt time)
when nearing the minimum "floor" in a map the player needs X amount of ki to reverse the direction hes swooping to - so he himself will not get hurt
this requieres a lot of the player energy
(the strugle is possible but will be very weak since is done when the enemy is at stunn time or so)
If a player doesnt have X enough amount of ki GLT will not be preformed fully - or will be preformed, but the player will throw his locked enemy from bigger distance from the minimum map floor => which will cause the enemy less dmg of course

[EDIT:] now about the last 2 BOLD parts - I think the throw itself of a none Full GLT should be done automatically
If the player will not --==EVENTUALLY==-- have sufficient amount of ki to preform: a Full GLT plus reverse direction of his combined swoop
another problem is wether to preform a Full GLT automatically if the player DOES HAVE ENOUGH KI, it could be optinal for the player to decide not to preform the entire GLT inorder to preserve ki
or once GLT started it will be forced to be preformed according to the system

What do you think? Which is more balanced and why ! ?
[/EDIT]

IMPORTANT NOTE: this suggestion is nothing like the sasuke naruto lock GLT style - we do not want to mimic other animes, and btw the NARUTO show's GLT is based on different rules, basically on gravity
the characters in that show cant fly therefore its differently!!!
no throwing is already this bad, i don't think we already want more of it

Force Pit Member
Best answers
sean said:
no throwing is already this bad, i don't think we already want more of it
The throw isn't going to be bad in 1.3, they are fixing it, and even adding a quick throw too. Read the design documents.

If this move can be made it will make esf even more fun.

Best answers
wow thats nice :D havent checked the thread in just few days and already 4 relevant posts XD
[edit, after a few monthes just checked and had to say that] FOUR IS SUCH A HUGE NUMBER!!![/edit]

hmm hey I said no naruto style!!
(didnt I already mensioned in the firts post how it should be done? why people keep trying to say HOW IT SHOULD BE DONE then?
@_. ... Im mixed eh :p ma creditz!! maaa my!! haha)

yeah the face down while doing it is a detail I missed I totally agree with that :)
the atm throw takes too much energy
GLT, well I already explained how it works on the energy issue
I think it should be somewhat more efficient
if I throw down a player
or GLT him down.. the GLT down will be more efficient on energy usage and more dmg too... though it WILL take reasonable amount of energy

up to the coders :) viva la esf1.3 with GLT :p haha
whats it gonna be then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom