Scruffie

S
I hate Worldcraft. It has constantly tried to foil me at every mapping attempt I made. So screw it.

Is there any, free, mapping tool out there for me? A simple one with lots of clear, detailed tutorials that don't assume you know where everything is? Please?

And if anyone, so help me god, tells me that Worldcraft is easy, I am going to slap them. Hard. :\\

So, can anyone help me? :D

Best answers
get ready to slap me...

well uhh...worldcraft/valve hammer editor is easy. Believe me, a mapper is capable of doing a great deal of work in no time. I once tried radiant for q3 and nearly punched my monitor in cuz it was so time consuming just to make something. Seriously, you can't get much simpler than worldcraft. If you're really that desperate, find quark(quake army knife). Supposedly it's an ok editor for lots of games; I never felt the need to stray from worldcraft. Or if you want somebody to lead you through it, send an AOL IM my way, TripleK17815. I seriously suggest sticking to worldcraft.

Best answers
I use valve hammer I dont know of any others umm...
There is plenty of tuts that could help you.

Best answers
sigh

uhh, bro...valve hammer IS worldcraft. when they went from 3.3 to 3.4 they changed the name to hammer.

Best answers
ok .. when i started using hammer there was a little stupid problem that i didn't know of .. and i thought that hamer is the hardest thing ever!!!!!!!

anyway .. the problem is .. when i try to creat a brush i only see a white square in 2D views but it doesn't actually creat anything!! i mean there is nothing in 3D view!!!!!! then i figured out that i need to press ENTER on the keyboard and the brush will be created!! :\

if that's ur problem then hammer should be easy now! if it's not .. well then! i don't know

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom