Ok this is for everyone to know

Best answers
I'm going to say this blatantly because i know the esf team needs this kind of feedback.

ESF, you guys need to patch Beta 1 and come out with another patch soon, because after 1 night of playing,i've reached the conclusion: The Game has Become Boring.

Yes, it was very fun the first 2-3 hours, but now it's boring.
Example, you can easily reach 10,000,000 power level by typing /kill in console 100 times. And, once u actually DO reach a transformation, it feels like theres nothing else to do

Also, there needs to be more transformations!

And finally, 1 years worth of work does NOT equal to 2 nights of fun gameplay. Please patch asap!

Best answers
I agree. It has bugs too besides all that and unbalanced moves (melee). The melee is really cheap and needs to be fixed. Another comment about the dragon even though it was probably hard to make it looks *** with that short of a snake body. Melee can't be beaten unless you use melee too and that basicly takes out all the beams. The text at the top that says when you die is unaligned. Also that ICON for your mod is stupid. I could do better. It needs more moves and more transformations (like 3 including the original form). It needs to be harder to transform in general not just because of the /kill thing. And If you plan on making a new version every "YEAR" then that won't cut it people will stop playing really quick. Try releasing a patch every few months (say 3-6?). I know the mod is probably way more then I could do but the bugs make people unhappy and board of it quick. You might already have these plans on patching and fixing these and adding more with this being only beta one.

Best answers
hmm well i find the mod rather fun i've been playing for 9 hours straight
i think the dragon looks great
your a newb if you can stop a melee with a beam
because hardly any one touches me when the come at me with it,
i think the melee is a great aspect of the game they did a very good job well this beta,
and i dought i'll get bored of this mod, sure there are a few bugs
but what do you guys expect? if you ever bothered to look its only beta 1 good job esf team i'll be looking forward to future patches/betas

Best answers
yes me 2 i'll be waiting for the next patch, but i seriously think its boring after a while, after all,i've done EVERY transformation and i've done like every mode,i've practically done everything,etc, also trunks sucks lol

As far as the bugs,that doesnt bother me since all games have bugs,but to be COMPLETELY honest, DMZ's 1.7 didnt get boring as fast as ESF :\

And no im not saying ESF is bad, it was VERY fun the first few hours, and it looks very nice.

Just saying, in my personal opinion, 1 years worth of making a fun patch, does not equal only 2 days of fun gameplay.

Best answers
I think its very fun, i haven't stopped playing except for a 2 hour sleeping break, Thanksgiving dinner, and i'm going to start playing again after i type this. :yes: :yes: Beta is great.

However, i would like to see a patch that fixes up some bugs in the game, i was really hoping beta would be bug free, so a patch would make it the best HL mod i've ever played, if the bugs were gone.

But really, as much as i complain about the beta and the bugs, i really like it and appreciate how hard you worked on this great, fun mod.

Best answers
apart from the capture the dbz it has a similar feel as bfp does, I must say I am very impressed with the gfx on the hl engine

Best answers
well cant win them all. esf is fun. if you get bored with it that fast not esf fault. Besides this is beta 1 after all. Plus you people cried for beta so much when we said it was not ready now look what happens. /rude

Best answers
yeah, complaints from people that've done 9 posts... and that's a culminative total. I've found the mod so far to be very balanced and fun. The melee as it stands now is VERY basic I think and the team already has plans for an advanced melee system so I wouldn't be chucking it in just yet. Anyone got that new DBZ game for PS2 yet? Dont even know if its out yet actually. Each char has 60 - count them - 60 moves. So maybe ESF could get some move ideas from there.

Best answers
yeah, complaints from people that've done 9 posts... and that's a culminative total. I've found the mod so far to be very balanced and fun.
you find it to be balanced? what planet are you on?
have u not noticed how characters like Trunks cannot kill anyone? And that goku is terrible besides the fact he can teleport as SSJ with attacks?AND have u noticed the huge lack of moves some characters have like Buu?

And what about the fact the only way to stop melee is teleport and block? and that block doesnt help very much?

oh dont forget how imbalanced the Frieza disc is when you can return it in a split second if someone tries to melee you.

OH OH WAIT, what about the fact that Krillin's transform is so extremely high at 6,000,000 after transformation?

Whoops! i guess u didnt catch that stuff!!

Best answers
so what if there's more melee in DBZ they fight also more than using beams and stuff like that the beta rulez:fight:

Best answers
also fact that beta 1 gameplay is setting around beta 2. so that means beta 1 right now is not total even because it is going to be set for beta2. so in other words. Beta 1 is like it is because it is getting ready for beta 2. for beta 1 game is perfect. few flaws melee is super fun and i never get tired of it. so you people want it change the fact is. It will get better but that is the basic of the melee take it or leave it

btw blocking is not the only way to counter melee. it takes skill. so go train

Best answers
man these people who complain about melee just complain cuz they SUCK!

look noobs.....ok you see a guy flying at you....hit your BLOCK KEY!!!! it will leave them wide open for an attack....

they probably are complaining b/c they don't know how to use it....

im tired of seeing "melee is so cheap" "melee is ***"

ok if you hate it so much.....go play the alpha with half life crow bar melee cuz we all know that pwned so much....

quit *****ing about the melee and learn to use it....

Best answers
Originally posted by Slash
Originally posted by catfish
yeah, complaints from people that've done 9 posts
EXACTLY!!!
jeez the game is soo unbelieveble i mean i watched some major n00bs play alpha and then looked at my screen playing beta and there were huge changes and i was completely amazed!! firstly the sounds r amazing, as wif the grapihcs, yes there r a few bugs but which HL Mod dosent have em???????...
the melee is soo mad, u jst got 2 know how 2 use it!! and block is soo important these dayz.. and y cheat by typing kill in da console.. cheats make a game boring and **** !!!

Best answers
lol i get called a cheater

these ****ing retards join my server and i pwn their sorry ass's with melee and generic beams and they go

"yup you're a cheater" and **** like that

lol i also got called a script kiddie

if only these morons would READ THE MANUAL! then they might know how to use melee effictevely....lol and block...

i mean its not like melee is hard to stop....you teleport or block...its that simple.....

Best answers
Originally posted by VampX-9
hmm well i find the mod rather fun i've been playing for 9 hours straight
i think the dragon looks great
your a newb if you can stop a melee with a beam
because hardly any one touches me when the come at me with it,
i think the melee is a great aspect of the game they did a very good job well this beta,
and i dought i'll get bored of this mod, sure there are a few bugs
but what do you guys expect? if you ever bothered to look its only beta 1 good job esf team i'll be looking forward to future patches/betas
hah. I can easily put the thing on blue to get out of melee attack. Its cheap is the point. your the newbie that thinks its possible to stop a melee attack from hitting you while casting a beam. When everyone does it constantly (not just once) it becomes annoying and ***.

Best answers
ok correct me if im wrong but isn't the game supposed to be centered around melee....

melee is like your primary weapon now....learn to use it....and you will have no trouble with it.....

i only use beams when im either:

A: really far away from the action
B: when i have someones ass knocked into the ground

Best answers
How about this. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't slash that one newbie who joined my server (50 watt bulb)? If it is I just want to let you know this. You said I was a newbie admin that had to many people coming on my server. Well I have come to say that the lag bursts only occur on my windows server. However on my linux server lag only occurs that badly when it has a real lot of people not just 8 or 6. Plus I'm trying to figure out how to uncap my toshiba pcx1100 cable modem so I get alot better uploads (say 400kb/s) and I will add a drop amp to it which could also help.

BUT If you are not the same slash who joined my server. Ignore this completely.

Best answers
any one notic all the people with below 10 posts are *****in and all the people above love the game ? :p i love it, its fantastic, and iv gotten over being owned by melee gj esf team

Best answers
wtf are you talking about? And that makes sense how? Coincidence but I just signed up for this forum. Its a fun game...for the first day? If you have a number of posts about 20-40 usually are spent on only a few theads sometimes. Lets they post something, then you reply, then they reply, etc etc.

means absolutely nothing. im not a forum junkie (that posts on forums all day) sorry. I only go on for a bit and leave for about a month or never come back unless I have a problem/comment.

Best answers
Originally posted by Slash

look noobs.....ok you see a guy flying at you....hit your BLOCK KEY!!!! it will leave them wide open for an attack....

they probably are complaining b/c they don't know how to use it....

im tired of seeing "melee is so cheap" "melee is ***"

ok if you hate it so much.....go play the alpha with half life crow bar melee cuz we all know that pwned so much....

quit *****ing about the melee and learn to use it....

uh huh. its ok to have melee as long as not every fuccking person in the game is using it. I think melee is fun yet I don't like using it the whole game. Yes blocking ya ya we arnt stupid. Gives you no options to play off of. Just melee, melee, melee and its G AY G AY G AY! Try using a beam and you might have problems you use melee so fuccking much.

ALSO IM SICK OF THIS THREAD. IM OUT. PEACE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom