Ok, since you ESF'ers know so much...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If I was to take a leak during a thunderstorm, will lightning travel thru my toilet... up my pee... and shock me at the u know what? o_O

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Depends on the contents of said pee.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It depends if your toilet is beside a wall.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes. And medical tests have proven that when lightning travels up a man's pee, he implodes, so you might want to avoid taking a leak during a storm

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol yall must be bored too... anywayz with that being said, what if i take a pewp?

off-topic: is #esf dead?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uh...didn't Mythbusters do something like this? But lightning, that's different. Lightning will just plain **** you over if your within 5 feet. Isn't a lightning bolt the temperature of the surface of the Sun or something? Plus, I think the lightning would probably hit you before your toilet, as you're taller, so you're royally ****ed anyway.

On to your second question...what the Hell? I've heard the phrase "no such thing as a stupid question", but what about pointless ones?

Third question, ESF is far from dead. It's been uploading patches and fixes for the 1.3 openbeta every three weeks since New Years regularly.

Best answers
Don't worry about it, I'm fairly sure it's impossible, there isn't the conductivity to allow a charge to make it far enough to your toilet. Besides, water disperses the electrical charge. The lightning would have to hit directly over the toilet, and if that happened you'd be ****ed either way.

And I only had one qualm with the Mythbusters ep on peeing on the third rail. None of the urine streams they had set up seemed congruent with a steady stream of piss. The electricity didn't flow because of a non-solid stream hitting the rail. I don't know about anyone else, but I have hit the ground with a solid stream before.

Maybe I should make a mythbusters thread...

Best answers
Isn't a lightning bolt the temperature of the surface of the Sun or something? Plus, I think the lightning would probably hit you before your toilet, as you're taller, so you're royally ****ed anyway.
Yea, he is taller than the toilet, but in order for that law to be put into effect, he'd have to be taking a piss in a toilet outside... i dont know of any toilets being installed outside =/ So lets just rule that out, shall we?

And yes, lightning is known to be HOTTER than the sun.

Best answers
I cant see how it would be possible for a such event to happen. How would the lightning even end up conducting to your toilet seat? From the draining system? From wall(But you would f**ked anyway if that was the case)?
Because as far as i know:
-normal draining pipes are made from plastic(non-conductive)
-normal toilet seats are made from Porcelain(non conductive)
-water does not conduct electricity so well as some people think(Only when its mixed with some other ingredients that are conductive)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Keep in mind that people can SURVIVE lightning strikes, because the duration of your being hit is so short even though there are so many more amps than are required to kill you.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Keep in mind that people can SURVIVE lightning strikes, because the duration of your being hit is so short even though there are so many more amps than are required to kill you.
You'd be amazed at what you can live through. I've heard of some geologists accidentally falling straight into knee-deep lava flow in Hawaii, wading their fried asses out and surviving with 3rd degee burns worthy of Darth ****ing Vader. The human body is incredible when it comes to self-preservation.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And then some people die, falling off a short step-ladder when screwing in a fresh light bulb. :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You'd be amazed at what you can live through. I've heard of some geologists accidentally falling straight into knee-deep lava flow in Hawaii, wading their fried asses out and surviving with 3rd degee burns worthy of Darth ****ing Vader. The human body is incredible when it comes to self-preservation.
They wear protective suits. The suit saved his life, all his legs did was get burned.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Of course asking a stupid question can prove someone's Illiteracy, but if that illiterate person can get 10+ people to answer his stupid question, with 80% of them answering out their ass, causing them to be legitimately wrong, it makes them look even the more... stupider, don't you think?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Of course asking a stupid question can prove someone's Illiteracy, but if that illiterate person can get 10+ people to answer his stupid question, with 80% of them answering out their ass, causing them to be legitimately wrong, it makes them look even the more... stupider, don't you think?
"Stupider" is not a word...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom