ok new mapper needs some help with stuff!

Best answers
ok i have been working o na map all day and was wondering how to cut stuff out because i have made some thing that needs hole or openings so people can goinside any help?

ps am using valve hammer editor!

ok heres the problem (got some pics to help)

i need the hole bit curcledinand dashed blue need taken out (cutting)

if ya no wot i mean?

Best answers
if you mean this ???? .

here is the test wall which need a hole

create a new brush and place it in the wall like this

then select it , rightclick and press "carve"

then select the brush again and remove it
then it looks like this

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
never use carve, it will just cause so many errors (max_leaf_faces, and higher r_speeds) , just use clip tool to make a hole....also dont use Vertex Manipulation unless you are not a noobie mapper, personally, i never use it even tho i dont consider myself to be a newbie mapper

Best answers
Originally posted by Optional
never use carve, it will just cause so many errors (max_leaf_faces, and higher r_speeds) , just use clip tool to make a hole....also dont use Vertex Manipulation unless you are not a noobie mapper, personally, i never use it even tho i dont consider myself to be a newbie mapper
Even the clip tool has its faults I had on some cases had it cut something out leaving me with a leak damn you clip tool! ;(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think the carve will be that bad for the shape he is using it for. But when you get into like pyramids :rolleyes:.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Bi0 Brolli
Even the clip tool has its faults I had on some cases had it cut something out leaving me with a leak damn you clip tool! ;(

ive never had any probs with clip tool...but meh :p

Best answers
well scince this is like a help thread i was wndering if any can now tell me how to import models like in esf guru? u no the house and saiyan capsule?

well is it posble to do that when usin ms3d?or wot
thx again peeps!

(ps i find mapping way easer then modeling lol but am dreding the compiling bit ^_^)
chears

Best answers
I think those are integrated into the map....but there is a way with the trees....

Use env_model and youre done,just be sure to set it to the right height....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom