Best answers
OK so like how do I start a map do I make a box, make it hollow and work from there inside it? or do I use a Certain amount of space on the bottom of the x,y,z, axis? Also do you use that whole space for the map (I'm talkin all the way zoomed out). Or is there like a general size for an ESF map.
Tryin to be as specific as i can be. This XYZ shizzle makes me wanna stab my eyes out LOL.:shocked: :shocked:Thanks

~RAGE

Best answers
hmm

I don't like hollowing boxes. Just make the sides individually. You need something that is fully enclosed, so if you want sky, use the SKY texture. Get the esf .fgd and make things really small because esf players are 1/4 size. It doesn't matter how big your map is or where you put it. The entities determine player locations:
info_player_start -> you need one for camera
info_player_deathmatch -> put these for free for all spawns
info_good_start -> put these for good team in teamplay
info_evil_start -> put these for evil team in teamplay

Senzu beans and dragonballs are also entites. If you don't know how to make an entity...go to http://www.valve-erc.com

If you need specific help with errors contact me on AIM at TripleK17815

Best answers
K thanks. Right now im just gettin comfy wit this prog makin boxes n messin with them n shizzle. Now with the views where it says like: side x/z , top x/y etc. Now When I see x/y axis I assume im looking at a side but it says top. So what im trying to get at here if the x/y says TOP does that mean that ultimately Im looking at The MAP from the top view and the [x/y] has no significance to which side of the map im looking at? Wow what a question. Sorry for c0nfu510n!!

~RAGE

Best answers
x/y is looking at the map from the top , the other 2 are from the sides .. so you are looking at the part where you will stand on ..

well if you are in 3d vieuw .. you can see 3 lines .. (new map just scroll a little back) the green is the x , the red the Y and the blue one is the z and X / Y are horizontall to the hl map so top means you look at those from the top ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom