OK I AM SERIOUSLY ANGRY

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i play ragnarokonline and this month they had a skin event contest. i submitted a skin and i wasnt expecting to win but the winner they chose is bs. i damn well know my skin looks better than the one they chose in game. but u guys eb the judge. i may eb a bit biased towards my own work

my skin

the winners skin

Best answers
like in your sig... simplicity does the thing.

the 1 thing i dont like about your skin is the font.
it's rather hard to read

but overal your skin does look better

Best answers
totally agree with you... that skin doesnt relate to anything at all...

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would have gone with pineapples over that one

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
your skin is way better it fits the theme of ragnarok better, you background isnt also a 5 minute photoshop work, what that winner made, i could easily make it too, i think about everyone who knows a bit of photoshop could make that, so pineapple is the winner!, you should show the ragnarok team this tread if more ppl agree >.> maybe they will change the winner =P

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the winner has already been decalred, so im just ganna wait till the 16th, they will eb posting the runner up skins

Best answers
Ragnamart is your friend =]

Go to special, then skins and find tons of better looking skins then thoos korians can EVAR make.

On the subject of your skin, its nice but unpractical. You cant see your equip, invent etc buttons. Yours missing the skill tree bg and the font is waaaay to big for thoos menus. Still looks a bazillion times better then the winner tho.. X_x

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your theme is allot better, who in whateverhisnameis name, is gonna do BLUE with a setting like that?, the contrast is way to big. ;/

Best answers
You used a copyrighted character in yours, that probably has a lot to do with it if it was an official contest. I also think the winner skin is more legible and makes more sense in the context that it is sort of a traditional RPG menu screen. Your design is very Victorian, and my limited experience with the Ragnarok online beta leads me to believe that the game isn't really influenced by that artistic period.

But, who knows who the judges were? It could have been anyone, or any group of people. There was no established criteria, so what they chose is what they chose, it could be totally subjective. Maybe the judges like blue.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i prefer yours, his is pixely and bad colour scheme, also very bland, i wudnt play with it. Yours is great except the text makes it harder to read, if it was a little less scripty then it would be perfect. Anyway, the judges were a little weird if u ask me.

Best answers
Honestly, I agree with the ragnarok team. Almost hands down. Their colour scheme isnt the best, its abit bright. Your skin has an awful font, which is not hard to read. Its damn near impossible to read. Yours appears to just be the normal rangarok skin, recoloured and some images decreased in opacity on plonked on the back. That and your buttons for stat, opt etc. are none existant, which is probably one of the key things I would look for in choosing a skin. Sorry

Best answers
Well, no offence to you, but i can see why the winners was chosen over yours.

Although yours has a nice theme, compared to the winners it lacks style in places. Your item menu on yours i dislike because its very boxed whereas on the winners it flows. the writing is also hard to read, and if you think about it, would you go for one where you can read what it says, or one where you cant read what it says?

the colour itself is quite boring, plus brown on a whole is a very boring colour, you've done well with it and i agree it matches the rag base style. To be honest after staring at it for a good 30 hours wouldn't you want a slight change of look?

i would prefer the winners over yours, it just looks nicer

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i agree its streamlined alot better and its stat screen text doesnt overlap with the numbers

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
once again as ive stated i never expected it to win, but i was a bit angry at the fact that winning skins color is completely the opposite of almost every map in ragnarok so it would eb an eyesore, im well aware of my skins faults, and im aware of its possatives. and really the only people who have trouble with that font are probabily people who never learned cursive.

if you compare the euro winners skin to the iro winner u see a big difference in what a winner should have been. and u guys are right i prolly should have customized more of it, and mabey even got an easier read font the people who dont already know the menus and what they do.

but i still think a better skin could have been chosen

Best answers
VivaLaPineapple said:
once again as ive stated i never expected it to win, but i was a bit angry at the fact that winning skins color is completely the opposite of almost every map in ragnarok so it would eb an eyesore, im well aware of my skins faults, and im aware of its possatives. and really the only people who have trouble with that font are probabily people who never learned cursive.

if you compare the euro winners skin to the iro winner u see a big difference in what a winner should have been. and u guys are right i prolly should have customized more of it, and mabey even got an easier read font the people who dont already know the menus and what they do.

but i still think a better skin could have been chosen
I havent viewed the rest of the entries so I could be wrong, but the iRO team will have chosen a skin, which THEY (personal opinion of the iRO team) think is the best skin out of those that have been submitted. I can invisage ragnarok skins looking alot better but unless somebody makes one, thats really no use to the competition is it. Some skins submitted might be "better" in some peoples eyes than the winner, but the fact is the iRO team liked that one the best. After all, it is their game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom