ok dokie my first poly by poly sephiroth model^_^

Best answers
ok i got bored so i made this(its on like 2d atm because i cant model stuff from the back and sides just yet)
plz give crits on how i can improve this model.
and if i can get someone to help me model the sides and back i will release him as version 2 of the sephy pak^_^

hope u like the pic^_^
laterz

almostdeleted

A
This isnt a flame or anything, but thats deiffinently the worst model..

Its like that 2d gohan someone made a while back. Its bad cause its 2d. You have to shape the vertices as you go along..

AND PLEASE, DOnt use extrude, it ends up looking really ****ty.

Best answers
CrackerJack said:
AND PLEASE, DOnt use extrude, it ends up looking really ****ty.
Not entirely true....remember bile's ssj2 gohan? (I don't think it was ever released.....) Well I'd have to say it was one of the most amazing renditions of ssj2 gohan, and he stated that it was entirely made from extrusion.....I think the only reason why extrusion usually blows is because someone is just sloppy with it. Hell, Smo's ssj3 hair is made entirely from extrusion, and it's the best version of ssj3 goku hair, yet! So....food for thought..

Best answers
to tell every one the truth i dint touch the extrude tool so can we keep it on topic? lol
any more crits ?

Best answers
Dont connect the coat and the legs. Do both legs in 2D.But for the coat it would be better not to do it in 2D but do it when you got the rest 3D, because doing it in 2D would be senseless cause it is an "open" structure, not like the legs which you can extrude. And it looks like you spent kinda lot on vertexes/faces on the detail. Remember the limitations of the HL engige :\

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
looks kind of weird maybe u should put more mosers to it.

Best answers
I wouldn't try modeling like that. Try and shape it as you go along. In max that style could possibly work but not in ms3d. One of the hardest thing for early beginer modelers is keeping track of everything in 3d. So just work with everything in 3d peices. Also from that pic I cant really crit, if your really going to try to model that, it would help if you got a pic showing each vert. Then again I really suggest starting over.

About the extrusion thing it depends on the way you use it. In ms3d extrusion is tricky but in max its different, plus Bile dosn't really extrude faces as much as edges. (but he might have on the gohan he posted here) I don't have the time to make a short tut now but learn how to use extrusion corectly it can be very helpful.

Best answers
Hey Nate, don't tell me you completely lost that Sephiroth model you were working on before! ;_;

Anywho, I think it's a good (Re)Start. ^^ Looks fairly accurate from what you've got.

Best answers
No no, as soon as redsaiyan is back up it'll be put on.
Thats IF redsaiyan comes back...

Best answers
I dont think RS will be coming back anytime soon. If you try and go to the forums ( forum.redsaiyan.net ) a message comes up about a suspended account or somthing. I reall want that Sephiroth model and i need alot of the original ESF sounds (dont feel like reinstalling 1.1).
*Ontoppic- I know were you based that pic of :D . But for one thing (like someone said) keep the body 2d and the extra clothing and stuff, 3d. Man, i'd like to get Milkshape. But I cant throw myself down to give someone $20 dollars for a very long account. Then have to pay another 20 when who knows when. (oops got offtopic twice :\ )

Best answers
off topic: hehe no one worry i have all versions of sephy from start to the last one and if redsaiyan comes back (wich is a big IF) it will be on there in a pak)
on: well i havnt been modling this scince i started but i think i will keep going (i iwll have some pics up later today) so lets se if i can model this thing in 3d *hopes*

Best answers
I'm sure someone would host it for you. RedSaiyan isn't the be-all and end-all of hosting, y'know...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom