Oils - (CONTAINS NUDITY)

โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, hopefully this wont see me banned, but here's a couple of oil paintings I've done recently. I might add a couple more I've done when I get time, but these are all i have that are web ready to put on here.

Let me know if you think the images look too bright, on my desktop they look really bright but on my tablet they look just right...

Nudity Inside

thoughts/comments welcome

Last edited by a moderator:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
You know, through the years, I've looked at your artwork and have always been immensely impressed with what you're capable of. This has not changed. Unfortunately, as a person who's creativity is limited only to destruction, I can't offer you pointers or valid criticisms. Instead, I will offer you the negativity offered by a cynical layperson with zero experience in the creation of artwork.

Your giraffe looks like a body builder and the head is either too small or the neck isn't long enough. Also, the hands on the last two pieces look like claws. The kneeling dude's hairline in the back looks off and his sideburns curve. I don't know if that problem lies with him or your...oil.....thing.

I'm sorry that this is all I have to give. We kind of hemorrhaged all of our artists, to include you.

โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I wouldn't expect anything less :p

Yeah the giraffe is outta proportion haha, I was more unhappy with the trees than anything else! The whole head area sucks imo, doesn't look like much of a Giraffe. The hands probably look like claws because I painted these on really small canvas's most of them aren't much bigger than A4, and painting detail in alla prima proves quite hard at that scale. It's probably more due to laziness than anything since I painted most of them in no longer than 4-5 hours.

sub

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I've always been jealous of anyone with talent for drawing / painting. I can't really offer any criticism, but keep doing what you're doing, it's awesome.

Death from Above
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Send them to me I'll "paint" them

Love your work here though David very tasteful

Except the giraffe that's over the top nudity

Also is looks fat? Short in the body and big in the base of the neck. The rest of that scene I like

Only go forward sideways
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
I wouldn't expect anything less :p

Yeah the giraffe is outta proportion haha, I was more unhappy with the trees than anything else! The whole head area sucks imo, doesn't look like much of a Giraffe. The hands probably look like claws because I painted these on really small canvas's most of them aren't much bigger than A4, and painting detail in alla prima proves quite hard at that scale. It's probably more due to laziness than anything since I painted most of them in no longer than 4-5 hours.
I think you nailed the Savannah looking trees, but the Giraffe's neck should've been as high as the canvas pretty much. Awesome stuff you got there :).

PS: @Deverz I nearly fell of my chair! Your comment cracked me up real good xD

Death from Above
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Use
tags for future nudes that might keep Sky happy

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
>Contains Nudity

>First image is a giraffe

I was so disappointed at first.

But really I do enjoy the way you control light in these, especially the giraffe and the last figure drawing of the woman (love her expression). Such is the benefit of oils! Never did paint with them, but then again I dislike traditional paints solely because off the mess :/

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
I've always been jealous of anyone with talent for drawing / painting. I can't really offer any criticism, but keep doing what you're doing, it's awesome.
That^

NOT IN THE MANGAโ„ข
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I suppose I wasn't the only one lured in here with the nudity tag!

I'm absolutely hopeless at everything remotely related to art, except the art of giving critique.
On the humans, I love the natural look of it. Everything seems to be in the proper proportions.

The only real piece of criticism I can give is the brunette with the yellow background. Gravity for the left boobie seems to come from another direction. I can tell because of the countless digitale boobies I've seen in my life that that one seems a bit off.

โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
to be fair i think the only reason the nudity thing was such an issue the last time it got brought up, was because it was done purely in jest with no artistic merit. I see no **** tank, so youll find little objection from me lol. Good to see your still at it,

sub

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I sincerely beg to differ. The thread that I created was absolutely art, and I'm quite frankly annoyed that I was immediately banned for it after being here for 9 years with 0 warnings.

Art is defined as follows:

1. The expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture,...: "the art of the Renaissance"
  2. Works produced by such skill and imagination.
So how can a thread where I posted a crudely modeled penis be anything other than spam to get a laugh? Everyone saw the surface of the thread and missed what was beyond that. The thread was created in response to Gir's thread where he posted a model of Rogue from x-men. I read that thread and was dismayed how more than half of the comments consisted of, "LOL THAT IS ONE GREAT ASS I WOULD TOTALLY HAVE SEX WITH HER. LOL. AM I RIGHT GUYS? YEAH I AM. WOULD HAVE SEX WITH HER ALL THE WAY."

I could have made a post in the thread pointing out how lame everyone was being, but that wouldn't be creative and that wouldn't be art. Instead I created a thread where the title was slightly modified version of Gir's thread, the text was slightly modified text from Gir's thread, and the subject matter (the penis model) chosen because it was meant as a ridiculous and crude attempt to appeal to the opposite gender, the entire thread was designed to get the point across.

Clearly I failed in that, but the penis model and perhaps the entire thread were absolutely art. I'm of the mind that anything that originates from something creative in nature should be considered art. It might not be of high quality, but that is irrelevant.

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Satire using art as a medium? Sounds legit. I'm also of the opinion that if canvas smeared with shit can make it to the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC, then basically anything we create is legitimate art.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Bearing in mind that regardless of the age of the forum users here, people regularly post youtube videos and links to games which are certified as 16+ on age, i personally think that any argument against artistic nudity is flawed at its very core.

Good stuff Skiwan, i love how you've translated your digital techniques onto oils, with the big brush strokes and blocks of colour, it really works and i'd love to see more!

Dudemeister
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I sincerely beg to differ. The thread that I created was absolutely art, and I'm quite frankly annoyed that I was immediately banned for it after being here for 9 years with 0 warnings.

Art is defined as follows:

1. The expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture,...: "the art of the Renaissance"
  2. Works produced by such skill and imagination.
So how can a thread where I posted a crudely modeled penis be anything other than spam to get a laugh? Everyone saw the surface of the thread and missed what was beyond that. The thread was created in response to Gir's thread where he posted a model of Rogue from x-men. I read that thread and was dismayed how more than half of the comments consisted of, "LOL THAT IS ONE GREAT ASS I WOULD TOTALLY HAVE SEX WITH HER. LOL. AM I RIGHT GUYS? YEAH I AM. WOULD HAVE SEX WITH HER ALL THE WAY."

I could have made a post in the thread pointing out how lame everyone was being, but that wouldn't be creative and that wouldn't be art. Instead I created a thread where the title was slightly modified version of Gir's thread, the text was slightly modified text from Gir's thread, and the subject matter (the penis model) chosen because it was meant as a ridiculous and crude attempt to appeal to the opposite gender, the entire thread was designed to get the point across.

Clearly I failed in that, but the penis model and perhaps the entire thread were absolutely art. I'm of the mind that anything that originates from something creative in nature should be considered art. It might not be of high quality, but that is irrelevant.
Dude, you drew ****s because you probably thought it was funny.

sub

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought it was hilarious, but the idea came about as a parody of Gir's thread. The entire thing was a comment on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom