Oilers force game 7!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For two games, we have stood upon the edge of elimination, and now, after two games of excellent hockey, we take the fight back to Raleigh to decide who will be the victor in the Stanley Cup finals. A mere three days ago, the series was 3 to 1 in favour of the Hurricanes, but now the series is tied, 3-all. Many left the bandwagon when Roloson was hurt saying that we couldn't do it without him, many have said that the Oilers simply do not have the ability to keep up with a better team from Carolina, and many that would rather see the Leafs in the finals have told us that we, a small market team, seeded eighth, could never make it this far. To them, I would show a series tied, with both teams one win from absolute victory or one loss from total defeat. On Monday night, all will be decided. One team will be victorious, one will...

...do you get what I'm saying here? Good, because that's about all the suspenceful writing I can muster. Somebody bring me another pint already.

Best answers
I'm totally not getting what you're saying here because I have no idea what sport you're talking about right now :eek:

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
frsrblch said:
For two games, we have stood upon the edge of elimination, and now, after two games of excellent hockey, we take the fight back to Raleigh to decide who will be the victor in the Stanley Cup finals. A mere three days ago, the series was 3 to 1 in favour of the Hurricanes, but now the series is tied, 3-all. Many left the bandwagon when Roloson was hurt saying that we couldn't do it without him, many have said that the Oilers simply do not have the ability to keep up with a better team from Carolina, and many that would rather see the Leafs in the finals have told us that we, a small market team, seeded eighth, could never make it this far. To them, I would show a series tied, with both teams one win from absolute victory or one loss from total defeat. On Monday night, all will be decided. One team will be victorious, one will...

...do you get what I'm saying here? Good, because that's about all the suspenceful writing I can muster. Somebody bring me another pint already.
I get what you're saying. You're talking about the NHL finals, in which the Oilers will be playing against the Hurricanes for the Stanley Cup, which happens to be tomorrow. I think it's going to be a very good game.

Good job on the suspenseful personal commentary.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I considered last night an early birthday present, GO OIL!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kimfu said:
I'm totally not getting what you're saying here because I have no idea what sport you're talking about right now :eek:
Silly Belgians, can't you be more like Sweden? They like hockey, and they're pretty good at it too.

Yeah, it was quite the game last night. This game wasn't a matter of Markkanen being too solid, it was a matter of Carolina's offence simply being shut down. At some point in the 2nd period, the shot were 21-3 in favour of the Oilers, and the final score came out to be 4-0.

Great day for sports. I also got to watch the Canadian rugby team give the US a drubbing, even if it was a contest for 5th place of 6.

Best answers
I pray that they lose. Why? Because they barely made the playoffs, and defeated the number 1 ranked team in the NHL (my Red Wings).
I'd be a fool to say that Edmonton's performance has been nothing less than outstanding during these playoffs, but that doesn't make me not hate them for eliminating my Wings.

Go Hurricanes =p

Best answers
Tassadar said:
I pray that they lose. Why? Because they barely made the playoffs, and defeated the number 1 ranked team in the NHL (my Red Wings).
I'd be a fool to say that Edmonton's performance has been nothing less than outstanding during these playoffs, but that doesn't make me not hate them for eliminating my Wings.

Go Hurricanes =p

I agree with you... for the most part. I am pissed that they beat OUR Red Wings... but the Oilers are very good at hockey. Hell, they must be doing something right because they beat the Wings.

I like the Hurricanes anyway, so..... GO CAROLINA!

**** you Edmonton =/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Go Oilers Go! Go Oilers Go! Go Oilers Go!

Best answers
GO RANGERS......::blink:: ::blink::

i'm gonna go back to my NY baseball

Best answers
I thought Edmoton were screwed when ROloson gotinjured, but man they are fking awesome. Now Detroit fans can't use their trump card against the Oilers: Their Golie was the only good player on the team....that's gone now.

I'ld admit though, Calina only took 17 shots last game compared to the usuial 45 that the Red WIngs take, so Edmoton probebly woulden't be around if they didn't have Roloson.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'ld admit though, Calina only took 17 shots last game compared to the usuial 45 that the Red WIngs take
They usually get lots more but they were just getting pwned last night.

Best answers
Barney's_Soul said:
I thought Edmoton were screwed when ROloson gotinjured, but man they are fking awesome. Now Detroit fans can't use their trump card against the Oilers: Their Golie was the only good player on the team....that's gone now.

I'ld admit though, Calina only took 17 shots last game compared to the usuial 45 that the Red WIngs take, so Edmoton probebly woulden't be around if they didn't have Roloson.
WOAH, hold on! Are you talking about Osgood or Legacy here? If you are saying that Osgood is the only good person on the Detroit team...then I will have to e-slap you with my penis.

Detroit has a lot of younger guys on the team, that may explain why they didn't do as good as old school Wings.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Walmart Security said:
WOAH, hold on! Are you talking about Osgood or Legacy here? If you are saying that Osgood is the only good person on the Detroit team...then I will have to e-slap you with my penis.
Dude, he is referring to Roloson.

A big congratulations are in order for Carolina on their first Stanley Cup. An especially big congratulations go out to Cam Ward who not only saw you guys through the playoffs, but does it facing the team he once cheered for. A team of Canadians beat Canada's team to win the Cup, and I can think of only one better outcome to the season.

Aaron Ward; Windsor, Ontario.

Ray Whitney and Mike Commodore; Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta.

Eric Staal; Thunder Bay, Ontario.

Cam Ward; Sherwood Park, Alberta.

Justin Williams; Cobourg, Ontario.

Andrew Ladd; Maple Ridge, BC

Mark Recchi; Kamloops, BC

And Rod Brind'Amour; Ottawa, Ontario.

Unfortunately, you guys need to enjoy this now, because both the Oilers and Carolina have lots of free agents who are suddenly looking very desirable for other teams. It kills me to say it, but we could be seeing two very different teams next year.

It was a pretty good game, very close for much of it. The definite turning point from down by one to trailing by two came shortly after a missed call by Magoo as Fernando was tripped up by two defencemen as he came between them. That was the penalty to take, as a guy is getting by you, but it should have been called, especially when contrasted with the call made against Smyth on what looked to barely be a tap in the slow motion replay and by no stretch of the imagination hooking. Had the trip on Pisani been called, it could have likely been a 1-1 game, rather than the 2-0 game that developed shortly after. Ah well, c'est la vie. I'm not even going to get into the loss of Roloson. If it took Carolina 7 to take us without him...

Anyway, what a series, what a sport, and what a game. ****.

Small-market my ass.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
frsrblch said:
A team of Canadians beat Canada's team to win the Cup, and I can think of only one better outcome to the season.
Are you really all that surprised when about 55% of the NHL is Canadian, and the other 45% is a mix of American and European players? Europe being the higher of the two.

But alas, my hats off to Carolina, especially when a lot of hockey critics sold them short before the season had even started. This is a bag slap in the face of a lot of people.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you really all that surprised when about 55% of the NHL is Canadian, and the other 45% is a mix of American and European players?
I'm not suprised, but I figured that I should point it out to any Americans that felt like gloating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom