Ohhh, Street Racing :/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[BACKGROUND]
Ever since I was little I loved watching racing on TV and after I got my drivers license (3 or so years ago) I have had a mad passion for driving fast.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So here I am, 19 (almost 20) years old, no job (aka no 'big' money), two cars and an incedible desire to 'tear it up' on the road. My cars are a 1998 Mercedes SLK230 and a 2000 Honda Accord v6. Both are decent cars and the Mercedes is quite fast...however they are not as fast as I want. So, I looked around and decided on a few cars I'd rather have (realistically).

(1) Nissan 350z
(2) Mazda RX-7
(3) Dodge SRT-4
(4) Subaru Impreza
(5) Toyota MR2

All are cars I like (obviously). But after months and months of arguing/debating with my parents, it seems a new car is out of the question. They REALLY don't want me getting rid of my current cars and since I haven't had a job forever I haven't really had an opportunity to save up for one. So, I've decided I'm more than likely going to try and mod my Honda, but I'd like some advice first. Should I just get a job and save for one of the cars listed above or should I just mod my Honda? I really want to be faster than most people I see daily.

What should I do? I know I will need a job and I should have one anyways...but yeah.

I haven't been able to think about much lately other than having a really fast car and driving it all the time.

Also, I don't want to mod the Mercedes...it just seems wrong and if I mod the Honda, I will need to change the transmission, change the exhaust (it's a fake dual right now), more than likely supercharge it, lighten it up etc... etc... -- Which is where I am confused. Do I try and buy a better car where I wont have to spend as much on tuning or do I spend a lot on tuning my Honda?

Input please.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't see why people go with the N-350z when you can get the same car as a 4 seater and a cheaper price... but that's just me.

If you want to mod any car a Mazda3 or a Mazda6 are your best bets: For their price they are awsome cars and have plenty of room to do what ever you'd like. Base models go for 15,100 brand new

For some reason (I don't know why) people LOVE to mod out mitsubishi i dunno why though. Your choice really though. Do whatever you want.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
I don't see why people go with the N-350z when you can get the same car as a 4 seater and a cheaper price... but that's just me.

If you want to mod any car a Mazda3 or a Mazda6 are your best bets: For their price they are awsome cars and have plenty of room to do what ever you'd like. Base models go for 15,100 brand new

For some reason (I don't know why) people LOVE to mod out mitsubishi i dunno why though. Your choice really though. Do whatever you want.
Hmm, I really wish I could test drive all of these cars. I want to go with something I enjoy driving not just what is potentially the fastest.

Kimfu said:
Be sure to not crash and splatter yourself all over the town.
All over town...that would be quite an amazing feat.

Best answers
Grow up
Get a job
Sell your honda
Get a faster car

thats all you need to do..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chang Wufei said:
Grow up
Get a job
Sell your honda
Get a faster car

thats all you need to do..
Thing is, my parents wont let me get rid of the Honda. Oh well I'll worry about that later.

KyoKusanagi

K
Get an Evo - any of 'em...fast in a straight line and round corners.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He lives in the States, Evo's are hard to come by and expensive, though that will make him faster than most people he sees. It's completely feasable to upgrade the Honda. One of your main concerns should be milage and future upgrade possibilities. If your car has too many miles, supercharging it may put it in an early grave, especially if you've been beating on the car. Supercharging is also an expensive option, seeing as you'll have to get the piston heads machined to allow for a lower compression ratio unless you go with a small boost (8lbs or less). If you do upgrade, always upgrade the intake and exaust at the same time, they are intrinsically linked, and upgrading one without the other nets poor results. Resist the impulse to put a four inch pipe in the back as it will do nothing but slow you down (until you have that supercharger, then it's fair game). Keeping that in mind, always upgrade the fuel delivery once you've done the other two. This can be achieved with a bigger pump and/or better injectors (higher delivery pressure, better spray pattern and volume per injection should be what you're looking to upgrade).

SUSPENSION MATTERS! If you are upgrading all the rest, make sure you spend some time making the suspension beefier, and spend time making the brakes all that they can be.

For weight, getting lightweight racing seats and chucking the ones that won't get used is a good start.

Finally, people like modding Mitsubishi's because they are a dream to work on and you can get alot of results with minor fiddling. My 92 Eclipse has 50 bhp in simple mods, with the only real big project having been the aftermarket head. Exauhst, intake, fuel were all easily upgraded.

KyoKusanagi

K
Surely importing an Evo 3 or 4 wouldn't be as hard as getting one into Australia. Failing that sourcing a 1998 Lancer and getting the parts yourself would be another option all together - The money he could get from selling the merc alone probably would cover a full conversion to an Evo 5 with change left over for doing suspension and brake upgrades.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can easily test drive those cars. I go to the dealership every saturday and test drive cars. Like last week i tested the 2006 Mustang- I had to clean the drivers seat =/

You'd loooove the N350z. Expensive, but holy **** is it a prize. The G35 is the same car, same engine, and chasis just a four seater. (I'm talking about the coupe- Sedans suck)

If all you want is a fast car; just up your horsepower on your honda. That shouldn't be hard at all. Plus there are a few goodies you can add that will make the engine louder. It doesn't do anything for the car but it sure as hell sounds cool.

Best answers
im not actualy old enough to even try and dont have the car ...
neither do i exactly know all stuff bout cars ... but i kno that u can get a stock turbo car like a supra or a nissan 200sx for like half ure merc prize ... and that leaves it like alot to up the hp ... if u want it :p but dont listen to me that much cuz im a nub :p

Best answers
I'll give you a 5car list of old (not older) cars that would be great to tune. Seeming I'm a tuner and I own two cars...1st bening a 1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 Twin Turbo (3.0L V6 DOHC. 24V) and a 1998 Acura Integra GS-R (Has a engine swap from the original GS-R enigne (B18C1 - 1.8L 4C 16V DOHC. with VTEC.) to a 01' Type R (B18C5 - 1.8L 4C. 16V) But anyways here is my list.

1. Acura Integra GS-R
2. Toyota MR2 GT
3. Honda Del Sol SI
4. Honda Civic SI
5. Mazda MX3

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeke said:
I'll give you a 5car list of old (not older) cars that would be great to tune. Seeming I'm a tuner and I own two cars...1st bening a 1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 Twin Turbo (3.0L V6 DOHC. 24V) and a 1998 Acura Integra GS-R (Has a engine swap from the original GS-R enigne (B18C1 - 1.8L 4C 16V DOHC. with VTEC.) to a 01' Type R (B18C5 - 1.8L 4C. 16V) But anyways here is my list.

1. Acura Integra GS-R
2. Toyota MR2 GT
3. Honda Del Sol SI
4. Honda Civic SI
5. Mazda MX3

Haha funny you mention that. I had made a conclusion to go with the VR-4. My friend wants me to go with the Dodge Stealth (like the exact same thing) but I prefer the 3000GT.

Now I just need to grab a full-time job for the summer and figure out a loan.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeke said:

1. Acura Integra GS-R
2. Toyota MR2 GT
3. Honda Del Sol SI
4. Honda Civic SI
5. Mazda MX3
I rest my case

im not actualy old enough to even try and dont have the car ...
neither do i exactly know all stuff bout cars ... but i kno that u can get a stock turbo car like a supra or a nissan 200sx for like half ure merc prize ... and that leaves it like alot to up the hp ... if u want it :p but dont listen to me that much cuz im a nub :p
Yeah- Supra's suck and the Nissan 200sx 1. isn't made anymore and 2 has a four cylinder engine in it. Plus it's a tiny car.

The mitsubishi 3000gt is an alright car, if you're going to add a new spoiler to it, for the love of Kidboy take off the initial spoiler -.- I saw this one mitsu and it had two spoilers on it, on on the other. Most retarded thing I've ever seen.

itr

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
You can find an 03 Evo 8 with not to much mileage for about 13-15k easily. Good ole Mitsubishi with their resell value! Guy on local honda board picked up an Evo 8 with under 20k mileage, only issue no tranny and the block was a bit of a mess. Got it for 12k(he sold his 99 civic si for 14k) sent his block off to AMS to stroke it to 2.3L get rid of the problem(2k for 2.3L btw from AMS) now all he needs is a tranny and basically for 14-15k he has a really nice 2.3L Evo 8.

I'd stay away from 3000GT's/Stealth's they are basically the 300ZX's of Mitsubishi, pain in the butt to work on and do maintenance. If I were you I'd go for a DSM, Laser/Talon/Eclipse they are the best bang for you buck. My friend just got his 95 TSi AWD working the other day, 14lbs on a 14b is fun, I miss driving my friends 89 Laser RS-T :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom